PDA

View Full Version : Oldschool Volvo Problems...

Hakkola
01-14-2004, 03:02 AM
K, so I made a left turn, after turning off my signal, the left signal in the dash stayed lit up the entire drive home, ok, kinda annoying, but, then I noticed the gas tank was only half as full as it had been a minute earlier. Ok.

Next left turn I notice that with every blink of my signal my gas tank goes from half empty to empty and back with every blink...

Is this gonna be a big problem??? Anybody have any idea what's wrong and what might have caused this?

Ducati
01-14-2004, 11:12 PM
This happened to my Mercedes a while back, and it was a blown fuse.

Sometimes blinker irregularities can be corrected by replacing the blinker unit, which is often a big round or rectangular part down by the fuses. It snaps out and a new one is cheap. Last time I bought one it was less than $20.

Since you are having dash/gauge craziness, it is almost certainly a fuse. The only other fuel gauge problems would originate from the sending unit, which is down by the tank, accessible from underneath the car.

What year & model is your "old school Volvo"?

Hakkola
01-15-2004, 12:11 AM
1990 740 GL.

Could it have anything to do with the gas?? Didn't Husky gas mess up the gauges during the summer with tainted gas somehow?? I think I remember reading something about that, and my problem started the day after I filled the car up.

SwitchBlade
01-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Gas floats maybe for your gas gauge, and the flasher for the turn signals.