PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2011-2012 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Benny
01-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Flames are coasting, getting trapped in their own zone. Get it together Flames! :goflames:

Benny
01-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Oh Iggy. I love you :goflames:

D'z Nutz
01-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Iggy with the gordie!

duaner
01-10-2012, 10:54 PM
6 goals on 12 shots....nice.

D'z Nutz
01-10-2012, 11:12 PM
w00t!

95teetee
01-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by duaner
6 goals on 12 shots....nice. outshot 38-14...not so nice.

duaner
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
outshot 38-14...not so nice.
Relying on the other team's poor goaltending is less than an ideal.

masoncgy
01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
^ That's what happens when you get up 4-0 though...

SilverGS
01-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee

I'm wondering if S1 meant j-blow, not BMo (j-blow is the only one I can think of who sucks but is a great skater lol)

not necessarily-once you get rid of Bouwmeester, Butler would have a different partner on defense (obviously), therefore his plus/minus could theoretically improve.

Jbo is overpaid but has had a good year overall. Yes the Boston game was bad but it was bad for everyone but Brodie.

I wouldn't mind trading him but doubt anyone wants to take on his salary. As long has he continues to do a good job then we can live with the over payment. I am not sold on Butler just too many mistakes too often. Maybe he will come around eventually like Jbo but at this point he scares me.

Ok win tonight. Lucky Devil goalies played the part of Swiss cheese or else there would be a pot of ranting tonight but they won so all is good

88CRX
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Saw this posted on Calgary Puck:

Drafted:
Tyler Seguin (1st Round, 2010)
Patrice Bergeron (2nd Round, 2003)
David Krejci (2nd Round, 2004)
Milan Lucic (2nd Round, 2006)
Brad Marchand (3rd Round, 2006)

Traded for: (Brackets are what they gave up)
Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell (Dennis Wideman, 1st round pick, and 3rd round pick)
Chris Kelly (2nd Round pick)
Daniel Paille (2nd round pick and conditional 4th)
Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik (Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler)
Mark Recchi and 2nd Round pick (Matt Lashoff and Martins Karsums)
Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew (Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau)
Tomas Kaberle (Joe Colborne, 1st round pick and conditional pick)
Tuukka Rask (Andrew Raycroft)
Dennis Seidenberg and Matthew Bartkowski (Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and 2nd round pick)
Adam McQuaid (5th round pick)
Johnny Boychuk (Matt Hendricks)
Steven Kampfer (4th Round pick)

Free Agent Signings:
Zdeno Chara
Michael Ryder
Marc Savard
Shawn Thornton
Tim Thomas
Shane Hnidy

This is Boston's Stanley Cup winning team and how they got all those players.

Note all the first and second round picks they traded away for roster players..... where did they suck and draft top 5 mutliple years in a row..... where did they blow it up?

Type_S1
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Note all the first and second round picks they traded away for roster players..... where did they suck and draft top 5 mutliple years in a row..... where did they blow it up?

To show you have not been a hockey fan for very long and seem not to know much about the game...here is where boston has finished since 1981. (http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/history/BOS)

2010-11 1st
2009-10 3rd
2008-09 1st
2007-08 3rd
2006-07 5th
2005-06 5th
2003-04 1st
2002-03 3rd
2001-02 1st
2000-01 4th
1999-00 5th
1998-99 3rd
1997-98 2nd
1996-97 6th
1995-96 2nd
1994-95 3rd
1993-94 2nd
1992-93 1st
1991-92 2nd
1990-91 1st
1989-90 1st
1988-89 2nd
1987-88 2nd
1986-87 3rd
1985-86 3rd
1984-85 4th
1983-84 1st
1982-83 1st
1981-82 2nd

Seems like they have had an above average team for a number of years. They play one of the best systems in hockey and find players who fit in. They made big moves when neccesary to continue to grow the team (I.E. Thorton Trade).

Now go look at Calgary's results over the same time span...pretty pittiful if you ask me. Are you a 2004 Flames fan like most people? Did you play hockey growing up :rofl: Anyone who knows hockey knows that the Flames currently will never be a competing team starting with our scouts, to our coach, to his system to our star player. The sooner old Feaster accepts this the sooner we can make our team better.

NightFX2
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Sure it's possible to build a winner the way Boston has... but I don't thnk the Flames organization has the ability to pull off smart trades and draft like Boston. The Flames have trouble drafting impact players in the first round let alone grabbing some in the 2nd, 3rd, etc rounds.

kertejud2
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know why you'd use a 30 year sample size (a period in which the Flames and Bruins have the same number of Stanley Cups and Stanley Cup appearances). And those are divisional finishes, since the lockout the Bruins have finished 1st in the East twice and 13th in the East twice, how does that average out to being 'an above average team'?

kertejud2
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM

The blew it up back with when they traded Thornton for crap.

Their rebuild shows how much luck plays into success just as much as good drafting and quality moves. They don't win the Cup if Thomas doesn't become a world-beater out of nowhere, the guy was 32 years old when he broke into the league and made the Bruins a Cup winner.

Of course they wouldn't have won the Cup without being able to pick out impact players in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds (Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Krejci) or made good free agent signings or shrewed trades. It's one thing to just pick good players, it's another to develop them and another to find players that will work for you. From amateur scouting to player development to pro scouting the Bruins had a great setup all around. You can take risks by trading away your first round picks if you know that you're going to find NHL calibre players in the later rounds and that lets you bring in better players.

The Flames didn't have any of that, though its getting better, especially the amateur scouting. Just look at some of the players who have been drafted recently (not just guys like T.J Brodie, but Max Reinhart, Michael Ferland, Patrick Holland, Bill Arnold and other mid/late round picks who have stepped it up) that came from both an overhaul in amateur scouting and a change in drafting philosophy and it's as good a crop as the team has ever had. John Weisbrod is the new Assistant GM who was brought in from the Bruins to help make some key organizational changes in developing those players as well.

Does this mean the Flames will become a powerhouse like the Bruins? Of course not. But a lot as changed all over the front office in recent years and the fruits of such changes take a few years to pay dividends. The Bruins were patient despite the fanbase calling for heads when they were finishing 13th, you don't make panic moves like Darryl did.

Team_Mclaren
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

To show you have not been a hockey fan for very long and seem not to know much about the game...

What are your credentials? did you win a cup with NHL 2010? cuz i did.

95EG6P
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
^^^^^
lol

88CRX
01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I don’t know why you keep questioning my knowledge of hockey haha. You’re going to continue to make yourself look stupid by completely ignoring the point I’m stating.

Seems like they have had an above average team for a number of years

Wrong.

You posted Bostons divisional rank, big deal. There’s only 5 teams in there damn division (since the divisions were last realigned) so they finished dead last in their division in 06/07 and 05/06.

I went through the last several seasons and ranked Calgary vs. Boston in terms of their standings in the entire league.

2010-2011
Calgary 17/30
Boston 8/30

2009-2010
Calgary 15/30
Boston 14/30

2008-2009
Calgary 10/30
Boston 2/30

2007-2008
Calgary 14/30
Boston 15/30

2006-2007
Calgary 13/30
Boston 23/30

2005-2006
Calgary 7/30
Boston 26/30

2003-2004
Calgary 12/30
Boston 4/30

2002-2003
Calgary 22/30
Boston 15/30

They made big moves when neccesary to continue to grow the team (I.E. Thorton Trade).

They traded Joe Thornton for Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau and Brad Stuart. LOL. None of those players amount to making any sort of impact for the Boston Bruins.

Are you a 2004 Flames fan like most people? Did you play hockey growing up

Even if I was a 04 Flames fan (I’m not BTW) that would be irrelivant. And whether I played hockey growing up or now (I did BTW) again thats irrelivant. Fuck, why am I even wasting my time typing this LOL.

Anyone who knows hockey knows that the Flames currently will never be a competing team starting with our scouts, to our coach, to his system to our star player. The sooner old Feaster accepts this the sooner we can make our team better.

I agree to a certain extent. Our scouting is terrible and our coach is mediocre at the best of time. But again, the point I was making is that trading Iginla doesn’t change either of those problems. All it’s going to do is get us a couple second liners that suck, just like Boston got for Thornton. And on top of that since we can’t scout talent (we both agree on this) then how are we going to scout a good return for Iginla?

The main point behind the original Bruins post was to point out that you can go from a mediocre team to a Stanley Cup winner within a couple seasons without ‘blowing it up’ and being a bottom dweller and draft top 5 year after year like Edmonton continues to do. I thought the intent was pretty clear but I guess you, with your extremely experience hockey past couldn’t grasp that. Next I’ll make it more clear.

Type_S1
01-12-2012, 01:27 AM
I don’t know why you keep questioning my knowledge of hockey haha. You’re going to continue to make yourself look stupid by completely ignoring the point I’m stating.

Wrong.

You posted Bostons divisional rank, big deal. There’s only 5 teams in there damn division (since the divisions were last realigned) so they finished dead last in their division in 06/07 and 05/06.

I went through the last several seasons and ranked Calgary vs. Boston in terms of their standings in the entire league.

2010-2011
Calgary 17/30
Boston 8/30

2009-2010
Calgary 15/30
Boston 14/30

2008-2009
Calgary 10/30
Boston 2/30

2007-2008
Calgary 14/30
Boston 15/30

2006-2007
Calgary 13/30
Boston 23/30

2005-2006
Calgary 7/30
Boston 26/30

2003-2004
Calgary 12/30
Boston 4/30

2002-2003
Calgary 22/30
Boston 15/30

They traded Joe Thornton for Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau and Brad Stuart. LOL. None of those players amount to making any sort of impact for the Boston Bruins.

Even if I was a 04 Flames fan (I’m not BTW) that would be irrelivant. And whether I played hockey growing up or now (I did BTW) again thats irrelivant. Fuck, why am I even wasting my time typing this LOL.

I agree to a certain extent. Our scouting is terrible and our coach is mediocre at the best of time. But again, the point I was making is that trading Iginla doesn’t change either of those problems. All it’s going to do is get us a couple second liners that suck, just like Boston got for Thornton. And on top of that since we can’t scout talent (we both agree on this) then how are we going to scout a good return for Iginla?

The main point behind the original Bruins post was to point out that you can go from a mediocre team to a Stanley Cup winner within a couple seasons without ‘blowing it up’ and being a bottom dweller and draft top 5 year after year like Edmonton continues to do. I thought the intent was pretty clear but I guess you, with your extremely experience hockey past couldn’t grasp that. Next I’ll make it more clear.

Sorry I noticed after I posted it was divisional not overall but was too lazy to change it. The fact stands though the bruins have always been a great organization from bottom up where Calgary hasn't its like comparing apples to oranges.

I would argue that the moves they made up to the Thornton trade and afterwards was blowing up the team. I'm on a tablet right now and too lazy to pull up all the trades but they cleared a lot of cap space and relied on good scouting and acquiring smart players to rebuild...look where they are now after a few years...a top 5 team in the NHL without a question.

You say trading iginla doesn't solve those problems...of course it doesn't but even with a new great scouting staff and coach the flames are a losing team with overpaid old players...we need a change in players because even if they all played their best games of hockey ever they wouldn't win in a 7 game series against a team like Boston, Vancouver, Pittsburg, Washington, Detroit or Philly. :dunno:

Honestly if you have a better suggestion then go ahead and let me know because I can see no possible way this team contends without restructuring.

88CRX
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I agree that Boston did a good job on reworking their team over the course of a couple season.... however I don’t think that moving Thornton (their ‘star’ player) necessarily helped all that much. If I recall the fans were pissed and the most people around the league had a good laugh over that trade. I would argue that the other trades/signings they made over those couple seasons set the team in the right direction.

Feaster has already starting restructuring this team in the right direction as best as he can. I think you will start to see a big change in the type of prospects we start to see come up through the system.

- The Flames drafting strategy has done a complete 180. Dutter drafted big, slow, western Canadian, grinders. Feaster has clearly changed that mentality by drafting fast (possibly even small) highly skilled players with offensive upside. Dutter would have never drafted Sven Bartschi. Bottom line we need more draft picks to pan out in the 2-3 years.

- Feaster has gotten rid of a couple crappy Dutter players/contracts in attempt to free up some salary, but he’s pretty much screwed on this one. Stajan is unmovable. Bork is probably pretty close to unmovable. And even Bouwmeester (if you wanted to move him) is probably too expensive for most teams as well. Not to mention all the NTC’s on the books. Feaster needs time for some of these contracts to wind down which makes them more likely to be moved as the remaining years lessen.

- Fester has also shown in trades (ie: Regehr ) that the plan is to get younger and faster. Again going back to the style of hockey this team is going to be expected to develop into. I think this is already the case on the back end with the d-men that are playing this season (minus Hanna & Sarich).

- Next season the team will be a lot younger/faster. I’m guessing the following player with expiring contracts will all be out the doors: Sarich, Hannan, Stempniak, Morrison, Kostopoulos, Jackman & Moss. This gives Feaster a whole bunch of flexibility to really showcase what players he’s capable of bringing together to develop a team. With all those guys out you can be sure as shit that all these young guys that keep getting called up for the odd game will find permanent roster spots on this team. Plus a little splash in the free agent market and we could look extremely different next season.

- Further you can’t trade everyone. You still need to put a roster on the ice and you still need to get up the cap floor. Like I’ve said before Iginla should be the last player moved, not the first.

I think we’re on the same page.... changes need to continue to happen but why this keeps falling back on “trading Iginla” or “blowing it up Edmonton style” is beyond me.

rumeo
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Hannan and Stempniak should be keepers, they're playing well for the flames

supe
01-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Ouch looks like Type_S1 is playing with fire, you know what that means...

I agree that stemp is worth keeping out of your list, he's quick and has some flare which is what it looks like Feaster is after.

Anyone watch moneyball? This discussion totally reminds me of that movie. Its a tough fact that professional sports is intrinsically tied to business. I'll be the first to admit that I am a number one flames fan but I'm not even close to a fan of the economics of it.

88CRX
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Ya I'm sure a couple of those plugs (Stempniak maybe Moss?) will be signed but in the grand scheme of things they’re not going to make or break if the team is successful or not. They’re all average players at best that might get 10 goals or might get hot and get 20 goals over the course of a season.

The key to the plugs/average players on the team is picking the right ones that will work with the direction the coach wants the team to play. For example in 2004 thru maybe 2006/07 when we had a team of grinders, we played that sort of style and it worked. If we want to be a quick, fast skating team then you better fill the team with players that can play that style of hockey.

max_boost
01-12-2012, 01:10 PM
What do you guys think of bringing a guy like Cammalleri back into the fold? He's struggling in Montreal but did so well here. I think his cap hit is $5mill? That's not bad. Maybe we can give them Bourque and another player?

That's my arm chair GM take for the day haha

95teetee
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
^ I'd like it. I think not re-signing Squid was a mistake.

cdnsir
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
What do you guys think of bringing a guy like Cammalleri back into the fold? He's struggling in Montreal but did so well here. I think his cap hit is $5mill? That's not bad. Maybe we can give them Bourque and another player?

Cammi+plug for Bork+Stagjant would be a dream come true.

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
In retrospect, I'm kinda glad he wasn't resigned. Yes, at the time his scoring touch was great and it looked like he was the better option over Jokinen, but looking back now he's been pretty injury prone since he's left the Flames. That and he has been streaky, especially when the team's not doing well and god knows how bad we've been. It's time to move on with reacquiring Cammo. (Although if they took Bourque and Stajan, I'd jump on that deal haha)

Maybe he doesn't have enough malk in his diet.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3333/4642327407_5c26563a1e_z.jpg

Type_S1
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
In retrospect, I'm kinda glad he wasn't resigned. Yes, at the time his scoring touch was great and it looked like he was the better option over Jokinen, but looking back now he's been pretty injury prone since he's left the Flames. That and he has been streaky, especially when the team's not doing well and god knows how bad we've been. It's time to move on with reacquiring Cammo. (Although if they took Bourque and Stajan, I'd jump on that deal haha)

Maybe he doesn't have enough malk in his diet.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3333/4642327407_5c26563a1e_z.jpg

Agree with you on this one completely. He is too expensive for any benefit he could add to the flames...but if they would take Borque and Stajan I'd personally drive those two to the airport for the trade haha.

The next two seasons in Calgary are going to be huge for building a competitive team with all our contracts going down. Some smart trades + pickups could get us in a good position.

max_boost
01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes squid man has suffered some injuries but look at his playoff numbers!

I think it's 16 goals in 24 playoff games. The guy is hardcore! Plus he likes Calgary and had his BEST regular season year here.

Type_S1, you drive them to the airport and I'll buy them a couple 1way economy tickets to Montreal :rofl:

max_boost
01-12-2012, 02:00 PM

The next two seasons in Calgary are going to be huge for building a competitive team with all our contracts going down. Some smart trades + pickups could get us in a good position.

Absolutely agree here.

Also, Dion most over rated playa in the league.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384805

Surprised to see Jarome on there. Really? #12?

WHY>! :confused:

supe
01-12-2012, 03:32 PM

Absolutely agree here.

Also, Dion most over rated playa in the league.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384805

Surprised to see Jarome on there. Really? #12?

WHY>! :confused:

Yeah look at the comments, all the comments with big plus ratings are the ones sticking up for Jarome. The list blows.

rumeo
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Cammi would be a great fit again, yeah he's been injured a few times, but they were all coincidental injuries, not re-occurring injuries (eg. Concussions, knee injuries).

$6 mill cap hit is well worth it if you get rid of Stajan, Borque (you know a high pick will have to get thrown in too).

Iggy Backlund Cammi
Stemp Jokinen Glencross

Two very good lines there

Kavy
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Backlund is not a first line center, it's even pushing it saying he is a second line center.

Kavy
01-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Welcome back cammy.

ZEDGE
01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Who are we giving up? If its Oli I am gonna be pissed. Take Bourque, hes useless.

D'z Nutz
Post your source

Benny
CAMBO ON MY FLAMES AGAIN?

Nice....

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

ZEDGE
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Post your source

Just said on TV.

95teetee
Originally posted by Kavy
Welcome back cammy.
this

Originally posted by ZEDGE
Who are we giving up? If its Oli I am gonna be pissed. Take Bourque, hes useless.

and pretty much this.

D'z Nutz
BORK!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384922

cdnsir
HOLY SHIT! Cammi is back!

Come on... Bork+Stinkjan and a 3rd rounder

Benny
01-12-2012, 08:53 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384922

edit: b10 damn you guys are quick :goflames:

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 08:54 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/157655804277817346

@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
A Montreal player says Cammalleri has been traded to CGY for Rene Bourque. Wait to see what else is involved.

max_boost
01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
I KNEW IT!!!

IT WAS A PERFECT FUCKING FIT!!!

MAXBOOST ARMCHAIRGMWINRAR!!!

Kavy
01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
And bye bye bork

Impreza
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
NICE!! Hopefully they take some deadweight too, like a Stajan!

sputnik
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
They announced it on the Jets game too.

Apparently Squid was taken out of the MTL game part way through and sent to the hotel.

95teetee
01-12-2012, 08:57 PM
for the first time, I'm cheering for Stajan.

GO STAJAN GO!
GO STAJAN GO!
GO STAJAN GO!
:D

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
They announced it on the Jets game too.

Apparently Squid was taken out of the MTL game part way through and sent to the hotel.

Yeah he was pulled during the second intermission or during the third and TSN was speculating injury for a bit until they found out he was thrown into a cab and taken back to the hotel.

Impreza
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Michael Cammalleri, goaltender Karri Ramo and a 5th round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forwards Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Go4Long
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=611429

sunnuffa

Hi-Psi
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
hahaha I knew when Feaster wasn't in the press box that he was coming here!

This is great news, sucks giving up Bourque but you could see that his heart just wasn't in it this year, I'm sure he's going to be a great player elsewhere though.

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
MTL trades Cammalleri, goalie Karri Ramo and 5th rder to CGY for Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and 2nd rd pick in 2013

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/157658460232761344

max_boost
01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Jay Feaster must have been reading Beyond this afternoon and thought, this max_boost guy is on to something. Compelling arguments, time to give Gauthier a call. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fuck I'm so excited he's back in the fold. :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

cdnsir
01-12-2012, 09:09 PM
why the 2nd rounder... :(

Neil4Speed
01-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Jay Feaster must have been reading Beyond this afternoon and thought, this max_boost guy is on to something. Compelling arguments, time to give Gauthier a call. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

haha I just read it on CTV and was like "damn, didn't someone on beyond mention this this morning?"

Benny
01-12-2012, 09:12 PM
The Habs fans are gonna HATE Bork if he keeps up the pace that he has here. He'll score a couple goals in his first game then dogfuck for the next 2 weeks and they'll boo him out of town.

Kavy
01-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Holland is a good prospect but he was not going to sign in Calgary, that has been mentioned several times in the last few weeks. Rumor even had it that he turned down and entry level deal.

Good on feaster for not dragging it out and Calgary being forced into a trade last minute like the whole ......I don't even want to say his name.

Hakkola
01-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir
why the 2nd rounder... :(

Because Ramo. One of the best goalies in the KHL this year, could be a solid backup.

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 09:18 PM

Can you make an argument for getting rid of Stajan? :rofl:

Originally posted by Benny
The Habs fans are gonna HATE Bork if he keeps up the pace that he has here. He'll score a couple goals in his first game then dogfuck for the next 2 weeks and they'll boo him out of town.

Haha the Habs fans are so glad to be rid of Cammy, they have no idea what they're getting back :rofl:

Good on feaster for not dragging it out and Calgary being forced into a trade last minute like the whole ......I don't even want to say his name.

That's okay, everyone's already forgotten about him. Including the Rangers :rofl:

max_boost
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Can you make an argument for getting rid of Stajan? :rofl:

God damn if I were Matt Stajan I would just ask to be traded. Clearly this is not working out. He needs to go back out East, any team will do. :nut:

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Well, I don't like Cammy's contract coming back, but from what Feaster said, he's really excited to come back so hopefully this will spark some offense out of him.

I'll give Feaster some credit though. As soon as their was trouble in Montreal, he know when to act when they were desperate to get rid of him. I was critical and skeptical of him before, but I'm liking Feaster more and more. At the start of the season I said there was only three things I wanted him to do.

Get rid of Hagman
Get rid of Kotalik
Get rid of Stajan

He actually did 2/3! Not bad!

USED1
01-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Good thing about his contract though is there is only a couple years remaining.

Kavy
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by USED1
Good thing about his contract though is there is only a couple years remaining.

Exactly.

Bork was a bad contract for a long time. Cammy contract is not great but it's only 2 years and he LIKES Calgary. Bork hated every minute of this season and it showed.

95teetee
01-12-2012, 10:02 PM
unless you're scoring on half your shots, 3 per period isn't gonna cut it lol.

phreezee
01-12-2012, 10:11 PM

Bork was a bad contract for a long time. Cammy contract is not great but it's only 2 years and he LIKES Calgary. Bork hated every minute of this season and it showed.

Bourque seemed pretty choked about the trade at the press conference

joyridder
01-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Haha dam good call, tip my hat to you, sir.:bigpimp:

SilverRex
01-12-2012, 10:47 PM
MAX: could you also take the time to suggest a few more players to calgary....:D pleeeez

95teetee
01-12-2012, 10:54 PM
so...if Cammy grabs a plane now, he should be able to get here in time to score a shootout goal.

In about the 120th round.

edit- jinxed it lol.

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Jones' first!!

Type_S1
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Im neutral about the trade pretty much. I mean it's decent...simply because we got rid of borque but we gave up a 2nd rounder which I really don't like. Sure we got an awesome back up goalie a few years out but isn't that what Irving is? We picked up a contract that is overpriced so we all might be biting our tongues saying this was good or bad depending on how he performs. If he plays at the top of his game this was an amazing trade, if he plays like he has been mine as well have kept lazy borque.

All said and done though I think we are better tonight then we were this morning at the moment...that 2nd rounder is typical flames giving up picks though.

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 11:28 PM
We'll get that second rounder back when max_boost trades Stajan away.

Hakkola
01-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Sure we got an awesome back up goalie a few years out but isn't that what Irving is?

Not a few years out, Ramo is the #1 goalie in the KHL, and could probably be a starter in the NHL soon. I wouldn't doubt that he's a better backup than Irving is and probably has more potential.

bmeier
01-12-2012, 11:42 PM
i wouldn't be surprised is kipper is moved now or in the offseason. irving and ramo could be a solid duo

Hakkola
01-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by bmeier
i wouldn't be surprised is kipper is moved now or in the offseason. irving and ramo could be a solid duo

Ramo probably won't come here until next year and while he should be a good goalie putting him in right away without Kiprusoff is risky. It won't happen.

I think if the Flames trusted Irving he would have had more games in net.

Team_Mclaren
01-13-2012, 12:45 AM
imo kipper wins 50% of the games for us... if we trade Kipper, that means we are throwing in the towel at having any chance to make the playoffs. At this stage, being 2 points out, I dont think thats happening yet.

bmeier
01-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
imo kipper wins 50% of the games for us... if we trade Kipper, that means we are throwing in the towel at having any chance to make the playoffs. At this stage, being 2 points out, I dont think thats happening yet.

ya i didnt mean now exactly, i mean at the deadline if the flames tank or in the offseason. i think they are going to try and make the playoffs

SOAB
01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
i could see them moving Irving before moving Kipper. if this Ramo guy is that good, maybe he'll come be a back up for a year or 2 here than get the starting job.

who do you think will wear #13 next game? haha.

desi112
01-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SOAB
i could see them moving Irving before moving Kipper. if this Ramo guy is that good, maybe he'll come be a back up for a year or 2 here than get the starting job.

who do you think will wear #13 next game? haha.

Olli Joikinen

SilverRex
01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
anyone know when Tang can return to the lineup?

rage2
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
How did you get 2 points out from a playoff spot? Realistically, we're 4-6 points out right now depending on pace of the guys ahead of us.

We've been hovering at the 4-8 points out range for the last 2 months.

93mr2gt
01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Ramo is overrated, hes #1 in Europe because they have crap goalies over there.

I wonder how the lines are gonna look when Tanguay and Moss are both back. They probably dont wanna mess with the chemistry between Iggy Olli and Glencross, but i am sure they will.

I think Cammy will get the 13, Olli will probably wear 21 or something,

Kinda sucks we have to give up another 2nd rounder and a good young player Holland, hes top 10 in AHL right now. But then again, Flames usually do crappy on their draft choices anyway.

Hakkola
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Crap goalies? A lot of the best goalies played over there, Thomas played over there, half the top 10 goalies in the league right now played in Europe. I'd actually say that the one thing the Euro leagues seem to do better than the Canadian leagues lately is train goaltenders.

There is a shortage of good young Canadian goalies and I blame the leagues for that, almost all the decent Canadian goalies that are around are old.

88CRX
01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Well that trade pretty much guarantees we’re not blowing it up anytime soon!

The trade is all good, minus giving up that 2nd round pick, but Feaster clarified he’s going to do whatever it takes to get this year and next years 2nd round picks back. Cammi is only under contract this year and next, so he could be moved at the deadline next year as a rental if we still suck. Plus we’re off the hook for Bork for the next 4.5 years which is really nice.

On top of all that Cammi has 10x more heart than Bork (or most of the current Flames) have ever shown in the past couple season. He wants to win and obviously isn’t afraid to call teammates out, which this team could definitely use.

Porsche_55
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I think we need to bring Lanny back too. This returning player thing the flames are doing is stupid. Its like getting back with an old GF. If it didn't work the first time than what are the chances that its going to work a second time. (slow clap). Flames are Old as hell and need to keep thier draft pick to get rid of thos old balls. Sarach has to go biggest salary hole on the team.

2.2vtec
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_55
I think we need to bring Lanny back too. This returning player thing the flames are doing is stupid. Its like getting back with an old GF. If it didn't work the first time than what are the chances that its going to work a second time. (slow clap). Flames are Old as hell and need to keep thier draft pick to get rid of thos old balls. Sarach has to go biggest salary hole on the team.

Mike Cam actually did work out when he was with the flames we just couldn't sign him based on what he wanted and I believe we used up our cash on J. Bo at the time.

Gary@UrbanX
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM

You do know that Cammi had a career high season in Calgary right?

Type_S1
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Crap goalies? A lot of the best goalies played over there, Thomas played over there, half the top 10 goalies in the league right now played in Europe. I'd actually say that the one thing the Euro leagues seem to do better than the Canadian leagues lately is train goaltenders.

There is a shortage of good young Canadian goalies and I blame the leagues for that, almost all the decent Canadian goalies that are around are old.

Wouldn't agree fully with this but the *upcoming* Canadian goaltenders aren't anything spectacular and won't be game changers in the league by the looks of it. I wouldn't blame the leagues at all...I would blame lack of goaltending developement in Canada. Do you know how many teams lack a quality goalie coach? The only reason I had one growing up is because I knew him personally and he followed me to the teams I transfered between. Hockey at ages 6-16 I would say have a complete lack of goalie developement which I would like to see changed.

Look to Russia for the next biggest name in Goaltending...Andrei Vasilevski..I think he will be going in the first round this year if a scouting team has half a brain.

GOnSHO
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

Mike Cam actually did work out when he was with the flames we just couldn't sign him based on what we wanted and I believe we used up our cash on J. Bo at the time.

darryl sutter REFUSED to resign him..

SilverRex
01-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO

what was the reason? asking too much or was cammy not part of D.Sutter's plan

R-Audi
01-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

Flames will not be trading Irving... He is an unproven commodity, (In the NHL) a top prospect and if anything this opens the door for a Ramo-Irving tandem and putting Kipper on the market. (Over the summer of course, since Ramo is still under contract in the KHL)

max_boost
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

Exactly.

J.Bouw fooled the entire league thinking he was S.Nieds v2.0 with his smooth skating. I'd say he's a smooth criminal for pulling this one off.

It's alright, iron man streak and playing 30mins a night. Just don't go -7 all the time. :rofl:

GOnSHO
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

Both apparently

Porsche_55
01-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Gary@UrbanX

You do know that Cammi had a career high season in Calgary right?

The season after. when he went to the habs he played the best hockey of his career. Look at his stats now hes not doing shit all.

D'z Nutz
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

Mike Cam actually did work out when he was with the flames we just couldn't sign him based on what he wanted and I believe we used up our cash on J. Bo at the time.

And Jokinen.

Originally posted by GOnSHO

Sorta, sorta not. Sutter did want him back, but not at the price Cammy was asking for because Sutter wanted the money for Jokinen and JBo. I believe it was Sutter not wanting to go higher than 4M and Cammy wouldn't go lower than 5-5.5M. Connie was involved in trying to convince Cammy to stay in Calgary for cheaper and talked about it on Fan960 a couple years back.

D'z Nutz
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM

The season after. when he went to the habs he played the best hockey of his career. Look at his stats now hes not doing shit all.

If this is the same source that told you Detroit is going to the Eastern Conference next year, I'd reevaluate where you get your information from.

88CRX
01-13-2012, 12:31 PM

Mike Cammalleri

2008-09 Calgary Flames
GP: 81
G: 39
A: 43
P: 82

2009-10 Montreal Canadiens
GP: 65
G: 26
A: 24
P: 50

max_boost
01-13-2012, 12:32 PM

In the playoffs he did.

:thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I think its a great trade, as someone said Cammy has alot of heart. I think we need to get rid of Cory Sarich for the 3 million he makes there are way better options.

Porsche_55
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM

If this is the same source that told you Detroit is going to the Eastern Conference next year, I'd reevaluate where you get your information from.

Hey there were rumors. The players associasion shut that idea down.

93mr2gt
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
I hope someone with a lot of cap space takes on J.Bo's contract too