PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the 2011 Camry SE?

BensonTT
04-12-2011, 12:30 AM
My buddies are making fun of me cause I am thinking about buying a Camry SE model.

Do you guys think its nice? The one with the factory bodykit... Pic below..

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/camry20vs5k.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/camry20vs5f.jpg

adidas
04-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Looks nice...coming from someone that isnt big into Jap cars.

jsn
04-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Honestly, there's quite a few other cars I'd chose before the Camry. Toyota's all look quite bland these days. It's all personal preference though. If you like it, who cares what they think. They're not driving it

turbotrip
04-12-2011, 01:14 AM
They actually look pretty damn good, especially in black

beyond_ban
04-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Not particularly a fan, but you're the one who will own it so your opinion is really the only one that counts.

mago0
04-12-2011, 07:07 AM
I'd drive that. Your friends are just mad jealous.

GQBalla
04-12-2011, 07:31 AM
yeah who cares, its personal perferance.

i love them, that one looks very nice

ddduke
04-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Do you plan on getting rims and tint like that one? Because that makes all the difference.

But like beyond_ban said, who cares what other people think, it's your car so only you have to like it .

Guillermo
04-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by jsn
If you like it, who cares what they think.

this :thumbsup:

and you should find new friends if they're gonna give you shit for liking your awesome new car. :D

artieg30
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
it's a pretty nice car, can you somehow get the SE aerok kit on the camry hybrids? If so i think that'd be an awesome compromise between fuel efficiency and coolness... you know to a certain extent!

Xtrema
04-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Not a fan but you know it's a solid car.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Also not a fan.

Guillermo
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
did you look at any of the korean offerings? i tend to think that toyota and honda are very overpriced for what you get, not to mention i don't like the styling of either. same thing with mazda, even though that's my daily driver right now (still waiting for hyundai to re-introduce a midsized hatch).

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
That color combo + those rims look gorgeous.

I like it.

J-hop
04-12-2011, 01:53 PM
yea I've been really impressed with the styling of camrys as of late, gorgeous looking cars.

uptown.
04-12-2011, 05:31 PM
looks pretty good but that isn't stock suspension

Redlyne_mr2
04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Looks nice on the outside but once you get inside of one and drive it for a week youll regret your purchase. :D

heavyD
04-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Looks nice on the outside but once you get inside of one and drive it for a week youll regret your purchase. :D

I have to admit as I am getting older interior quality and refinement is a lot higher on my list of requirements than it used to be hence me selling my EVO. This is an area I feel Toyota has really fallen behind lately. The interiors in Corolla, Camry, RAV4 look and feel like something that came out of Korea five years ago.

That said as long as it's fine with the OP that's all that counts. The Camry is as solid a mid-size car as there is.

Tomaz
04-13-2011, 10:05 AM
IMO, Toyota cars are just appliances. Nothing special about them. To each their own.

If you like it, buy it. :thumbsup:

K3RMiTdot
04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
very nice id drive it

CapnCrunch
04-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
IMO, Toyota cars are just appliances. Nothing special about them. To each their own.

If you like it, buy it. :thumbsup:

+1. Boring as hell but a Camry should last you for 20 years.

Barlow
04-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I like the look of Camry's, I had boughjt a new 07 SE in 08,

I liked it, but it was under powered, only thing i didnt like about it haha

but yeah 5 speed manual, I liked the interior in mine, only had it a few months as somedrunk dumb F*ch decided to run into it when it was parked out side my friends house.

Then I upgraded to a 2009 wrx sedan, never looked back!

but if it hasn't beenw ritten off, i would be driving it still, and prob for the enxt 15 years!

Barlow

max_boost
04-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I think it's a nice/solid car. You know exactly what you are getting. It's a family car.

I have to ask, how old are you? My uncle is 40 and absolutely loves his haha

revelations
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Can you get the 6spd manual transmisson on the 2.5L engine in Canada?

BensonTT
04-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I think it's a nice/solid car. You know exactly what you are getting. It's a family car.

I have to ask, how old are you? My uncle is 40 and absolutely loves his haha

am 31 with a 2 yr old son... No need for flashy cars no more.. just need something reliable and good on gas.. dont need to impress the ladies anymore lol

Muji
04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Let your buddies make fun of you, the day you stop listening to the peanut gallery is the day you are your own man. Do your own thing, if you like a Camry, go for it. I have a co-worker (might be 28 years of age), he bought a Camry Hybrid, traded in a 2009 Toyota Tacoma and never looked back. Says it is the smartest thing he has done in years. And this guy is the last person you would peg as the owner of such a car. Molds are broken, buy it and watch your buddies fight for riding shotgun on your next road trip.

BensonTT
04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Muji
Let your buddies make fun of you, the day you stop listening to the peanut gallery is the day you are your own man. Do your own thing, if you like a Camry, go for it. I have a co-worker (might be 28 years of age), he bought a Camry Hybrid, traded in a 2009 Toyota Tacoma and never looked back. Says it is the smartest thing he has done in years. And this guy is the last person you would peg as the owner of such a car. Molds are broken, buy it and watch your buddies fight for riding shotgun on your next road trip.

Thank you man! Thats very good advise! :)

Kardon
04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I got to drive a 2008 camry se to bc last summer, and yeah its boring ride, but it looks pretty good. Interior was comfortable, v6 had some pep, and the 6 speed auto worked pretty well. I'd reccomend one to somebody shopping for a fwd family sedan. Handling was pretty nice too, soaked up road bumps but had little body roll (for what it is). It was a great highway car. JBL stereo was decent aswell

bigbadboss101
04-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Looks good IMO. Depends how it drives and handles. Should be roomy enough like other generations. I didn't like the dash of the 2008+.

natejj
04-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Barlow
but yeah 5 speed manual, I liked the interior in mine, only had it a few months as somedrunk dumb F*ch decided to run into it when it was parked out side my friends house.

Barlow

Whats a dumb F*ch?

clem24
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
A Camry? They might look nice but they are about as fun to drive as watching water boil. I had to live with a Camry for a week and I was so happy to finally get rid of it and get back into my Subaru. About the only pluses I can give are that it's got a ton of interior space and the backseat feels like you're sitting inside a limo, and it'll probably be trouble free for the next 10 years. Aside from that, the quality of the interior was absolutely DREADFUL. The worst was the backlighting on the stereo. I hope the SE version has an upgraded unit cause the one I drove had literally 4 LEDs behind a piece of clear plastic and looked like absolute ass.

If you're thinking of a Camry SE, I'd consider either the Hyundai Sonata 2.0T or Kia Optima equivalent. Heck I'd even go with Altima or even the Mazda6 before the Camry.

I will add another plus: The i2.4 in the Camry has a surprising amount of power and is very economical to run if that matters to you.

TorqueDog
04-14-2011, 04:47 PM
To drive, they're as boring as watching mold grow. They're also pretty ugly, and the interior sucks.

But if you like it, buy it. :dunno: