PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Help

kgeig254
04-12-2011, 10:02 AM
I am looking at getting custom family ring designed for my wife for our fifth anniversary. Any recommendations in the city, and/or has anyone had any experience buying rings online?

adam c
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Depends where you go, it will cost you
I bought mine from James Allen in the states, not completely custom, almost the same as blue nile but i liked the selection of diamonds and ring designs better

squirtle
04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
get ready to pay an arm and a leg for custom jewellery.

unless you're talking about just picking the existing style and stones.

justagirl
04-13-2011, 08:17 PM
My husband and I had my engagement ring designed and created by Northern Creations. They work out of Mappins and possibly Peoples.

I wanted an emerald and because I would be wearing it everyday he suggested another stone that is just as gorgeous but a harder more durable stone. He could have easily sold us the emerald just to get more money out of us, but he was honest and I never felt like we were being ripped off.

He worked completely within our budget and when we picked up the ring I was speechless. The detailing and craftmanship went far beyond my expectations.He did an incredible job and I am constantly receiving compliments on it.

Worth checking out.

kgeig254
04-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the help. I just got back from Calgary Jewellery and got a semi-custom design. I am waiting for the price and will see what my thoughts are after that. I will probably go to a couple other places so thanks for your suggestions!

kgeig254
04-27-2011, 09:09 AM
I ordered the ring from Calgary Jewellery and it will be ready in another couple of weeks. I will be sure to post a picture and my thoughts of dealing with CJ's.