PDA

View Full Version : EG related buzzing sound question

LadyLuck
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Hello boys,

Got a question here, wonder if anyone has experienced this before...I'm a little stumped.

I drive a 94 Civic Si, Coupe. And I've only noticed this recently. When driving 70 km/h or higher there is a weird humming sound coming from (what I assume) the rear of the car. The tires aren't perfectly balanced, all seasons on steelies that I've used over the winter. Steering wheel shakes a bit but thats nothing new. If I was to describe the sound it would be as if you're driving on studded tires :dunno:

Anyone experienced this before? I am pretty sure its not coming from the engine, and its only at higher speeds, if I leave it in 4th gear or higher and slow down it stops.

I'm driving to E-town sunday morning and wanted to make sure its nothing more then uneven tire wear or something silly like that.

Any helpful input is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Sentry
04-13-2011, 04:12 PM
I'd bet money on it being a wheel bearing.

Does it get louder when you turn one direction and quieter when you turn the other way?

NRGie
04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
^^^^Most likely wheel bearing, mine was doing the same.

does it sort of sound like your in a train thats going through a tunnel?

LadyLuck
04-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Haha, it's been a while since I've been on a train but yes you could say it sounds like that.

What are the chances of it seizing on me? Don't think I'll be able to get it replaced this week and I'm heading to Edmonton for the day on Sunday.

Dang it!:banghead:

Sentry
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Should be fine. Just get it done when you can.

LadyLuck
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Will do! Thanks for your help :)