PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2

n1zm0
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
So whos excited to play a rare cross platform (PS3 only) coop/mp game? i think its a great game to try to intermingle console and pc online gaming since theres no real panic fast movements and its stricly coop.

tax4e4hBBZc

5THiN8szSKM

2BPsrWNYKMY

lAUtRyUs5vA

nd1m5_n9P9w

9f6cHVuPlIg

P.S: i have a copy of Portal 1 to give away for free on Steam, first come first serve if you want it, you must be on Steam though :thumbsup:

tobslau
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Though Portal is a great game - I'm would be worried to play co-op due to one party member ragequitting haha.

ZEDGE
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
PS3 version comes with PC version too! Also it has Steam integration. PS3 version for sure. :thumbsup:

Did you catch the tv add during the hockey game last night?

n1zm0
04-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
PS3 version comes with PC version too! Also it has Steam integration. PS3 version for sure. :thumbsup:

Did you catch the tv add during the hockey game last night?

but is it vice versa? do i get to dload the ps3 version if i get the Pc one? well ill be happy to wait for you while you line up your crosshairs a wall with those joysticks :poosie:

i didnt see the ad, which one was it? hockey is dead to me since the locker cleanout :cry:

ZEDGE
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

but is it vice versa? do i get to dload the ps3 version if i get the Pc one? well ill be happy to wait for you while you line up your crosshairs a wall with those joysticks :poosie:

i didnt see the ad, which one was it? hockey is dead to me since the locker cleanout :cry:

Only PS3 version.

http://www.destructoid.com/buy-portal-2-ps3-get-pc-mac-version-free-steam-support-191930.phtml

On top of that, anyone who buys Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 will be able to unlock a Steam Play copy of Portal 2 for the PC and Mac for free by linking their PSN and Steam accounts. Portal 2 project lead Josh Weier explains that Valve has designed the cross-platform experience to be hassle-free: "PS3 gamers will be able to simply drop the Blu-ray disc in the PS3, link to their Steam account from inside the game, and all their Steam friends (on PC and Mac) will be visible and accessible for chat and game invites."

TV ad:

Ec7MvC2Sv3c

n1zm0
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Looks like early release tomorrow
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/14/is-portal-2-launching-early.aspx

n1zm0
04-15-2011, 10:06 AM
haha so this countdown timer counted down until 10AM

some typing about how there is not enough power to run GLaDOS. so like the PS3 Folding@home to help cancer research, ppl need to play these indie games for release, good marketing by Valve.

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

ill play some killing floor tonight for a bit lol

CMW403
04-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Anybody play this yet?

I can't express enough how entertaining I find the Portal series. I was just introduced to Portal about a month ago when I bought my first gaming computer. I played the whole thing through from start to finish, I just couldn't stop.

I won't spoil anything for anybody, but Portal 2 is extremely entertaining.

GQBalla
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
hrm since this is out for ps3 i should buy it.

dont have a good enough PC for it

A790
04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
Anybody play this yet?

I can't express enough how entertaining I find the Portal series. I was just introduced to Portal about a month ago when I bought my first gaming computer. I played the whole thing through from start to finish, I just couldn't stop.

I won't spoil anything for anybody, but Portal 2 is extremely entertaining.
Downloading now!

Super stoked :D

403Gemini
04-19-2011, 06:02 PM
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that didn't love Portal. I enjoyed it, but I didn't LOVE it like most people seem to...

schocker
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that didn't love Portal. I enjoyed it, but I didn't LOVE it like most people seem to...
Me too. It was fun, but I dont see the allure of it as a standalone game :dunno:

Vagabond142
04-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I enjoyed Portal, and I loved the quirky fun bits, but I'm not an overly huge puzzle game type. The ending, however... THAT is something special in Portal 2. You'll see when you see :D

rufi0
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I played though Portal for the first time last night to see what the hype was all about. Fun game with some interesting concept. Although I think it was the humor that kept me interested more than anything else. Definetely gonna rent the 2nd one when my exams are over.

almerick
04-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Going to buy this game for airplane ride to Hong Kong.

How long is the story mode for this game compared to the first one?

alloroc
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by rufi0
I played though Portal for the first time last night to see what the hype was all about. Fun game with some interesting concept. Although I think it was the humor that kept me interested more than anything else. Definetely gonna rent the 2nd one when my exams are over.

You played through it in one night?

Khyron
04-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

Pretty sure I can finish it in just over an hour. First time lot longer tho.

Not sure about Portal 2. It's really dumbed down. Graphics are neat but so much of it is pointless gfx complexity. Like I don't need to see the test room being built out of blocks.

Will play some more later...

Wraith
04-19-2011, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't say Portal 2 is dumbed down at all. Pointless graphics? It's for immersion, Portal 2 isn't simply a collection of sterile, white test chambers anymore.

The single player campaign is ~8 hours and co-op is ~5 hours.

403Gemini
04-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

I only played the first one once and it only took me about 4 hours to get through :dunno:

DeeK
04-19-2011, 09:59 PM
That's dissapointing, they were claiming that it would be a 20 hour campaign... and a 12 hour co-op campaign.

DeeK
04-19-2011, 10:01 PM

I only played the first one once and it only took me about 4 hours to get through :dunno:

Maybe that's why you didn't love it, you didn't take the time to see everything, and notice all the little quirks and humour in it.

Regardless, the first portal only takes 10 minutes...

W1U5RUVENNE

googe
04-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Crazy if they have been working on it for about 3-4 years and it can be finished in 8 hours.

403Gemini
04-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

Maybe that's why you didn't love it, you didn't take the time to see everything, and notice all the little quirks and humour in it.

Regardless, the first portal only takes 10 minutes...

W1U5RUVENNE

Nah I spent a lot of time checking everything out and reading the walls and everything , I got the humor and it made me laugh a few times , I just didn't adore it like most people seem to.

Zewind
04-20-2011, 03:43 AM

Nah I spent a lot of time checking everything out and reading the walls and everything , I got the humor and it made me laugh a few times , I just didn't adore it like most people seem to.

I didnt find as much in portals 2 as I did the first one. I was told 7-8 hours play time for single - around 5-6 for co-op.

Im happy I picked it up for the computer instead of the xbox.

Still wish there was more.

DeeK
04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I suppose I really love the game because of how different it is from any other game in it's genre. It's a breath of fresh air.

And I originally got portal with the Orange Box, which came with a "making of portal DVD". After playing the game through a few times. I watched it. I realized even more about what makes the game so special and all the little things they do that most people wouldn't even notice, or think about. Had they not done it though, the game would not even be close to what it was.

The way they made the first portal, with all those little things they had to take into account, I can see why the second one took so long to make, and is still short by comparison.

.norco.
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
i was hoping there would be more, but oh well. Still a great game

UndrgroundRider
04-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Just played through the single player campaign tonight... Definitely worth the money, and I don't say that often about games these days.

The only problem is that the puzzles were way too easy. This in turn leads to short gameplay. Steam reports 7 hours played, and about an hour of that was just idling at the main menu while I ate dinner. The only puzzle that stumped me for a bit was at the end, and even then I only spent 15 minutes on it. Everything else was cake.

Can't wait to work through the co-op campaign with a few friends.

AzNxHyDrA
04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
It'd be nice if they implement a custom level editor in the future =) it would definitely make things a lot interesting.

Troll-ol
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
Just played through the single player campaign tonight... Definitely worth the money, and I don't say that often about games these days.

The only problem is that the puzzles were way too easy. This in turn leads to short gameplay. Steam reports 7 hours played, and about an hour of that was just idling at the main menu while I ate dinner. The only puzzle that stumped me for a bit was at the end, and even then I only spent 15 minutes on it. Everything else was cake.

Can't wait to work through the co-op campaign with a few friends. The hardest coop one so far for me was the one with the huge fan you have to stop

AE92_TreunoSC
04-24-2011, 11:14 AM
co-op was a higher level of thinking for sure

the one that took me the longest was where you needed to create a "special" mid air collision.

foreverchina
05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey, Just saw this today: Portal 2 for only $39.99!! Ends MAY 12

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/portal-2-playstation-3/10147697.aspx?path=cb22581da0ef6491a875a0fb08f90c3een02&lid=fp-10147697-portal2playstation3-en

Hopefully they do price adjustments from BestBuy.

cycosis
05-20-2011, 04:03 PM
This game kicks ass. I got the 360 version. I dont like how it highlights the portals with little corner borders to see them through walls though....

n1zm0
05-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
It'd be nice if they implement a custom level editor in the future =) it would definitely make things a lot interesting.

there is on the PC :thumbsup: in beta atm, but everyone can dload it, in Steam>View>Tools, haven't tried it yet tho

http://videogamewriters.com/valve-releases-free-beta-of-portal-2-authoring-tools-9990