PDA

View Full Version : Automatic avatar resizing tool?

Graham_A_M
04-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Just curious if we can implement this for this forum? On a couple other forums I'm on; you can select any size pic ( of whatever kb size ) and there is a forum based app that'll resize it so it fits the typical allowable beyond avatar format.

As a rough example, www.triumph675.net has a great one. I think it'll work for gifs too, provided they fit under a max gif size.
Perhaps it would be wise to fire off an email to the webmasters of that forum to see which one they used :dunno:

I think that would be a great addition, as some members like myself don't have PS, or at least the skills to resize the avatars we want so they'll fit.

It's a pretty easy to get feature, so I just thought it would be a good addition.
The main reason I ask, is I have half a dozen avatars I'd love to use, but can't since the 100X100 size & 10kb size limit are almost impossible to abide by most times :(

CMW403
04-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Seriously the best suggestion this section has seen in years.

As you can see, I've been rocking the blue cylinder mashup avatar since 2007. Is this because I don't wish to express my personality using any of the cool pictures I have on my laptop? No. Is this because I lack the skills and knowledge to be able to make myself and avatar out of said cool pictures? Yes.

Rage, please implement this tool.

:(

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah I would like this as well.

bball2
04-18-2011, 08:53 AM
In the mean time you can always use:

http://www.picresize.com/

Does the job pretty well; easy upload / crop / resize :thumbsup:

Phenix
04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
:thumbsup: best suggestion!

Phenix
05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
This was an awesome idea. anyone working on this?