PDA

View Full Version : China Rose Review (off Memorial and by Devry)

maxwinedog
04-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Not usually a huge fan of chinaman buffets but my co-worker kept bragging about it saying how good the food is and how they are MSG free, so I went.

I dont know if any of you have been there recently but absolutely disgusting food. Ginger Beef was soggy and mushy and overcooked. All their dishes werent dishes, they were soups because of how much sauce it was drenched in. The sweet and sour pork. you had to fish for them cause it had so much sauce. The chickens dishes were way too spicey as 90% of the dish was peppers and onions. I know chinamen food is normally saucy but this place today was overboard. It was $14 I think for lunch buffet, I had 1 plate and didnt even bother finishing it. Total waste of money, left with a totally lost appetite.

I would have rather gone to that dump in Deerfoot Mall. China Rose makes that Deerfoot mall buffet look like earls tin palace.

I was at New Dynasty Buffet couple weeks back in Country Hills, and that place is night and day better for the same price.

Atmosphere - 7/10 Pretty nice inside

Service - 7/10 Good service, nothing spectacular but again its a chinaman buffet

Food - 1/10 Its not good its soup that is 95% sauce. So much sauce you will be drinking water every piece you take in.

Disoblige
04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I agree, China Rose is serious shit, and that's just eating there once when I was young. Would never step in there ever.

99% chance your co-worker is white :D

n1zm0
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
China rose is on the same list as home food inn imo :barf:

frozenrice
04-17-2011, 01:22 AM
It's funny seeing black busboys working in a Chinese restaurant.

TomcoPDR
04-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
It's funny seeing black busboys working in a Chinese restaurant.

No different than seeing a 5'2" Asian working as a CPS though :dunno: Not sayin' they can't do their job.

SlickA70
04-17-2011, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
China rose is on the same list as home food inn imo :barf:

For a minute there I thought we were going to have a problem lol :guns:.

I was thinking of the Hong Chou Inn, so tight bra check it one time aight? Ezayyy.

Grogador
04-17-2011, 04:28 AM
The food is disgusting and the place has been shut down repeatedly for health code violations (vermin, cleaning, equipment, etc etc)

Go across the lot to Tiffin for some decent (slightly pricey) curry, or across the street for some meat on a stick.

SlickA70
04-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Isnt the term "chinaman buffet" a bit offensive?

It's 2011 not 1960.