PDA

View Full Version : EXTREME thumbs up for Urban Expressions Tires & Wheels

TomcoPDR
04-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I haven't done an official review thread for Urban X... I've always just added :thumbsup: to other people's threads.

When the weather was great for those few days last week ago, I almost made the daughting winter/summer swap. However, both weather, and upon removing my summers from their bags; I noticed a new set of rubbers are required.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_4745.jpg

I think a huge amount of credit should be given to the honesty, integrity and CUSTOMER SERVICE you can place on these guys. Specifically this review is coming from a customer who already have access to "tire services" on a wholesale bases. (I have a mechanic leasing a small warehouse I own, he's got basic tire equipment to install my normal tires, or I'm pretty sure he'd let me use his equipment... he's got wholesale accounts with some tire distributors and I'm sure I can apply with my company account for vendor discount... Plus I'm currently working as a contractor in a bodyshop in Calgary, they've got really decent tire equipment and I'm sure I'm welcome to use 'em)

But the fact of the matter is, I think buying tires is like an orgasm; sometimes its quicker, convenient and cheaper to just stroke it yourself... but once in a while it just feels so good letting a professional who knows what they're doing to do it for you. (now that's just a metaphor, no stroking were involved during my tire purchase adventure at UrbanX)

So before their South location opened, I've always trusted the expertises of Tirebob and Lorne from the North store. (I've gotten tires from my own mechanic in my bay too)

But I've sent friends, neighbours, my customers and just random auto shops (who aren't tire shops) over to UrbanX as well.

With this purchase, I called Bob... Placed an order and worked out price with Bob... Then I realized I'm committed to working on a contract type of project job, so I can't squeeze out that long from work during the North store's business hours.

So Bob went out of his way calling Cort and Gary (I've never bought from the South store before, gone in and chatted with those guys)... Bob informed the South store it'd be easier for me to deal with the South store (my work is about 10 mins away)... and informed them the pricing I made with Bob.

They were able to get MY tires available within 3 hours (it's a pretty common size though, but still cool)... ordering was earlier this week, so this morning I just dropped off my summer rim/tire set, went back to work, ate lunch and picked them up... Smoother and quicker transcation than reading this thread.

On top of the excellent service, and good communication through out... The Urban boyz made me an offer, they've turned my own tricks against me, lol... I've done goodwill work in exchange for customer donating in the past... so they donated their labour/time installing my tires in exchange for me donating to an organization of my choice... I choose Calgary Humane Society, help some little paws for Urban X installing my rubber paws. Actually I spend a lot of time there when I'm sick of doing renos working in my own warehouse, it's footsteps away. Love petting their kittens, while gawking at them cougars too.

Here's my donation proof Bob. :poosie: my suggestion to Bob is you should make an app informing Calgarians when they can switch their summers/winters. I'm gonna do it April 27th

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/CHS.jpg

K3RMiTdot
04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to urban x always been helpful to me

2000TL
04-16-2011, 11:05 AM
+10000 for UrbanX and the crew:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zewind
04-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
But the fact of the matter is, I think buying tires is like an orgasm; sometimes its quicker, convenient and cheaper to just stroke it yourself... but once in a while it just feels so good letting a professional who knows what they're doing to do it for you. (now that's just a metaphor, no stroking were involved during my tire purchase adventure at UrbanX)

Sig worthy. :thumbsup:

01RedDX
04-16-2011, 11:52 AM

cort@urbanX
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Glad we could help out a friend and support a worthy cause at the same time. We are always happy to help out our customers any way we can and it feels good to know that people take notice. We like to think that friendly, helpful, and personal service among other things is what sets us apart from the competition. Thanks for all the props guys, it really is appreciated.

EK 2.0
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
When I worked with Bob at CMS (ooooooohhhh man those were the days) he taught me everything I know about tires...

Props to him, and subsequently the staff he has brought on and the expansion of his business. He and the boys of Urban North (no offense Gary and Cort but only ever hit up the north location...) are the only people I trust with all my wheel and tire needs. And this goes for my families needs in that area as well...

Always great to see the industry maintain customer satisfaction...and I have seen it first hand time and time again...:thumbsup:

J-hop
04-16-2011, 03:37 PM
might have to hit them up this summer for some new rubber, people always seem to be happy with their service!

btw OP what does your setup look like (are you slammed or something with an odd camber angle?), don't know about anyone else but looks like some interesting tread wear to me :D

kvg
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Thats awesome:thumbsup:

kvg
04-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Thats awesome:thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
04-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
might have to hit them up this summer for some new rubber, people always seem to be happy with their service!

btw OP what does your setup look like (are you slammed or something with an odd camber angle?), don't know about anyone else but looks like some interesting tread wear to me :D

Those aren't in the front.. I'll get an alignment done when I get the summers on.

Ichigo
04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I've been going to Bob and sending people to him since he opened up. He's got himself a lifer over here.

tirebob
04-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks Tomco! Glad the little animals are going to benefit... I love your idea of the pay it forward type help and was happy to see you follow through...

flipstah
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Just want to say thanks to Bob! He got me an awesome set of tires and he was very helpful, curteous, honest and everything a store owner SHOULD be!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Lorne@UrbanX
04-19-2011, 01:02 PM
:clap: :thumbsup:
Thanks for the mad props Tom! Won ton king???!!

:nut:

InLoveWitRSX
04-20-2011, 11:28 AM
word... had to get my summer tires swapped on some rims and was in and out in 15 mins with great customer service !

gulfstorm
04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Just got some tires for my Porsche at UrbanX and it was an awesome experience. Better prices than Tirerack and better customer service than most high end dealers! Great work guys and thanks to Gary for being super helpful.

Gulfstorm

P.S. Some sick MKIV outside the place. Owners I guess.