PDA

View Full Version : MWD Consultant Advice

apathy13
04-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi y'all, I have been hired on as a consultant as an MWD hand.

I was wondering if any other MWD consultants here had any advice for me and wouldn't mind me picking their brain a little..

I have pretty much everything lined up but I am wondering if I absolutely need a ltd company or will a sole proprietorship be sufficient ?

Thanx in advance. =D

Aerobat
04-16-2011, 11:24 AM
My company is a limited as it was required by the Drilling company.They dont want to have any ties to you at all..Who hired you?Whats your background?

Palmiros
04-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I work as a wellsite geologist and I've had an incorporated company since day 1. No one asked for it as a requirement, it's just more flexible come tax time. Which company are you working for?

apathy13
04-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Sperry Sun, my background consists of a lot of computer experience and some rig experience.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble, heh

Aerobat
04-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Depending on what company your working for the computer side of it is very easy..Once the job is up and running things are pretty easy aswell..Do you know if its collar based or a probe?

apathy13
04-16-2011, 11:50 AM
The company is Sperry Sun. I didn't want to say that to avoid making waves but I believe it is pertinent information for answers to be provided.

I really have no clue wut I will be working with. I understand the basics of MWD but that's it. The company is aware of this, ofcourse.

broken_legs
04-16-2011, 02:23 PM
sperry will have you running mud pulse slim tools or collar based mud pulse mwd. you may also be running lwd, like resistivity, pwd, nuclear, sonic, and of course gamma. finally you might get the chance to run their em ranging tool on sag d well pairs.

if they r hiring consultants for mwd my guess is they are crazy busy.

day rate should be at least 500+truck

otherwise youre getting screwed.

good luck

Supa Dexta
04-24-2011, 01:49 PM
No they won't... Or atleast I doubt they will.. Not much pulse work on the go, they dont have that many pulse kits compared to em.

And a new guy with no experience?? Hes not going to be getting 500 a day.

apathy13
04-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanx guys.

broken: I won't be quite getting that, but I am happy with wut I will be getting and it's only going to go up as I become more of an asset to the company.

I was wondering about cold food storage, is there a separate freezer or a very large fridge to use for cold storage ? I like to eat a natural diet of fruits/vegetables/meat.. so I am hoping I can keep a fairly decent diet out there and avoid getting fat.. =\

Also, how often are you allowed to haul ass to town in order to resupply ?

broken_legs
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
depends on where u go, might be a big 500 man camp, maybe a rig camp, or maybe youll be buying your own food. dont worry bout it till u get there

ExtraSlow
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Speaking from the operator side, I don't care how often you go to town, as long as you are there when I need you. If you are the only guy out there, and I need you for thirty days stright, you are never going to town. On the flip side, if for some reason I don't need you for a week straight, you can go home for all I care. As long asyou are back when needed.