PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of my old bike?

r0g3r
04-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Okay so here's the thing,

I have an old 90 FZR 600. Last summer it was having issues starting so i got it fixed. Then come end of summmer it went back to the same bullshit.

I don't want to spend anymore money on this bike trying to find out what the problem is and resolving it so i just kinda wanna get rid of it.

It's in fairly decent shape, and works fine when it starts up but it's just the lack of starting that sucks.

Do you guys know any mechanic shop or some place where I can just sell the bike to?

04-16-2011, 09:09 PM
TJ's Cycle possibly...

Graham_A_M
04-16-2011, 10:27 PM
^ They'd take it, but expect to get a few hundred for it, and thats all.
At this time of the year, you can always get it running good and sell it for around $1400 to a novice rider as a first bike.
That way, you'll get back your repair costs plus a fair share more.

If you dump it now, expect to get next to nothing for it, since for a person to buy a non-running bike is a huge gamble, so they'll never give you much for it. the "old motorcycle shop" ( I made a thread in this section about them) can probably get it running for you for a song and a dance, if not Im sure they'd be happy to buy it off you as well.

Your best bet (if you have the time) is to part it out piece by piece on ebay... sell the tank, one side of the plastics, the wheels (etc etc). You'd get quite a bit more for it if you have the time/patience

turbotrip
04-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Your best bet (if you have the time) is to part it out piece by piece on ebay... sell the tank, one side of the plastics, the wheels (etc etc). You'd get quite a bit more for it if you have the time/patience

parting out such an old bike will be a waste of time and effort

Vdubbin
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
how much are you looking to get for it when you sell it?

SJW
04-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll give you 200 bucks and a slap across the mouth for it.