PDA

View Full Version : Strive Fitness

lint
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
anyone a member? I saw that Bells of Steel moved in there, and the facility is insane. $50/month, no contract and pretty much full use of the facilities, makes me wish I still lived in the NE. Sorta.

http://www.bellsofsteel.com/products/Full-Time-Gym-Membership.html
http://www.strivefitness.ca/

This membership is ideal for people who want to train with more than one club, or who want access to training more than twice a week.

The Strive High Performance training center in conjunction with Bells of Steel are now offering general memberships for only $50 a month, with no contract. We are also seeking independent trainers who are looking for a a $0 fixed cost facility to train clients out of. Our current facility contains:
-10,000 sq ft
-3 turfs
-1 basketball court
-18 weightlifting platforms (with full bumper sets)
-9 racks
-Chains and bands
-Dumbells to 120lbs
-Kettlebells to 48kgs
-Tires, atlas stones, yokes, prowlers, logs, circus dumbells, axel, kegs, hussafell stone and other strongman implements
-Clubbells, sledgehammers, macebell
-And a whole lot of other equipment

max_boost
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
That looks like an awesome gym. A place for serious lifters to congregate for real strength training. :thumbsup:

scboss
04-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Couple guys i know are doing there practicums there for school and they only have awesome things to say. Funny thing is it is literally right behind golds gym.

wes_v
04-19-2011, 07:09 PM
me and 2 friends workout there. Its good because we use it for speed/strength training. ie: running with sleds with plates on it.

max_boost
04-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Beyond meet there? Right now I have my gym in the basement but without someone screaming at me, I don't have the motivation to break plateaus lol

I'm getting a dozen of my friends out to push prowler this weekend. Should be interesting haha

JfuckinC
04-20-2011, 02:55 PM
whatttt, i'm going to check this place out for sure asap haha..

liquidboi69
04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
They'll also soon have monolifts and competition benches at the end of May.

If my team decides to move there, an IPF approved rack/weight set as well in Aug.

JfuckinC
04-20-2011, 03:28 PM
are the soccer fields just open to whoever? wonder if they'd let me jam out some lacrosse on there.. used to practice in that building back in the day..

liquidboi69
04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
No they're not. It's $100 if you want to do both. The gym facility only is $50.

lint
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
No they're not. It's $100 if you want to do both. The gym facility only is $50.

they all seem to include access to fields and courts

STRIVE ALL ACCESS MEMBERSHIP – $99 per month
The Strive All Access Membership Includes:
Drop in access to fields, court, and weight room
Scheduled weekly fitness and sport classes
Monthly fitness testing
Fitness / Sport Training Programs
10% Discounts on Strive products and services
iStrive member access
Just want to kick the ball around or shoot some hoops? This is just for you! Become an exclusive member of the Strive Training Centre. A total of one thousand memberships to our 58,000 square foot facility are available which houses three turf fields, and a basketball court.

STRIVE MIXED MARTIAL ARTS MEMBERSHIP – $149 per month
Drop in access to fields, court, and weight room
Scheduled weekly fitness, sport and mixed martial arts classes
Monthly fitness testing
Fitness / Sport Training Programs
10% Discounts on Strive products and services
iStrive member access

STRIVE RECREATION MEMBERSHIP – $49 per month
The Strive Recreation Membership Includes:
Drop in access including fields, and court, and weight room
Discounts on Strive products and services
iStrive member access
STRIVE DROP IN – $15 per day

The Strive Drop In Includes:
Drop in access including fields, and court, and weight room

liquidboi69
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh. I completely missed that. Thx for clarifying lint, my bad.

lint
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
that membership price seems ridonkulous for what you get. Wish they were closer. I hope the Winsport complex at COP is similar to this when it opens next year.

Kaevon Khoozani
04-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Yup the place is unreal, worth the drive. If any of you want to try it out for a free session just tell them that Kaevon from Bells of Steel said you could come in for a trial. New this week: loadable metal log, loadable 10 ft wood log.

max_boost
04-27-2011, 12:24 AM
What are the hours of operation? Do you do month to month memberships?

Right now with the nice weather I'll be outside running stairs, prowler, battling rope in the basement etc. but come winter I would definitely sign up for a 4-5 month membership.

Kaevon Khoozani
04-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
What are the hours of operation? Do you do month to month memberships?

Right now with the nice weather I'll be outside running stairs, prowler, battling rope in the basement etc. but come winter I would definitely sign up for a 4-5 month membership.

Because it's a mix of gym hours and bookings, typical weeks it is 7am to 11pm, with some variances, but hours are improving as general membership grows. Membership is month to month, no contract, $50 a month. It's a pretty slick deal.

stevieo
04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
damnnnnn! it has all the nice equipment, I'm stuck at workout world right now haha only have 11 months left..damnit!