PDA

View Full Version : Global Rallycross Championship!

HiTempguy1
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
http://usera.ImageCave.com/HiTempguy/Andreas-Eriksson-Galantuomini1-390x280.jpg

Now this stuff is intense! After having a "trial" season last year with 4 events at New Jersey Motorsport Park, RallyCar (the owner of Rally America) created in conjunction with ESPN Global Rallycross. It is quite similiar to the European stuff (ie: the ERC and BRC), except for the huge 70+ foot gap jump :eek:

Currently the first two events have been completed, with the 1st (hosted at Irwindale Speedway in California) having already aired on ESPN2 last weekend. ESPN3 has had live online coverage for both events, with over 12+ hours of straight rallycross footage!

More info about the series can be found here:

www.global-rallycross.com

I'll keep posting any video's/amazing pictures I find of this stuff. The "superrally" (head to head racing) can be a bit tame at times, but the actually rallycross on the 2nd day of each event where 6 cars hit the field is mayhem :D

OwVYSK5YdFo

Mof0A36GcYg

Xcc9qh64Vwo

qejIjeET9sQ

HiTempguy1
04-19-2011, 09:29 PM
hWdqQmLWmEA

i-tZMwgLAsA

bPfqZtjDsac

S6zduICiS8E

revelations
04-19-2011, 09:36 PM
stick Ken Block in there for some extra crash footage

MGCM
04-19-2011, 10:12 PM
i can't wait till this sport really takes off and we get this in Western Canada...........lol time to start buildin up the civic :thumbsup:

HiTempguy1
04-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by revelations
stick Ken Block in there for some extra crash footage

He's making a special appearance at the next event ;)

Originally posted by MGCM
i can't wait till this sport really takes off and we get this in Western Canada...........lol time to start buildin up the civic :thumbsup:

Rumor has it (ok, MORE than rumor, but you didn't here it from me) that a 4-6 car at a time rallycross DID run at Castrol as a test event. From what I understand, the paying spectators enjoyed it immensely... of course they were just 2wd crap boxes, but whatever!

happycamper
04-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

HELL YES