PDA

View Full Version : September 2002 Photo Radar Locations

kenny
09-09-2002, 11:45 PM
As it is published on the Calgary Police website...

Photo radar locations from September 01 to September 30, 2002

52 Street NE/SE
Mission Road SW
Sarcee Trail NW
Memorial Drive NE/NW
Deerfoot Trail North/South

Slow down, and remember to watch for kids in the playground/school zones!

redline_13000
09-09-2002, 11:47 PM
do they have photoradar late night?

2000impreza
09-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
do they have photoradar late night?

they sure do

ecstasyracer
09-10-2002, 05:42 PM
If someone in front of you is speeding just watch for a really bright flash at night.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
09-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
If someone in front of you is speeding just watch for a really bright flash at night.
or a truck at the side of the road with a tinted rear window

2000impreza
09-10-2002, 05:59 PM
i heard cps has a flashless photo radar system now.....

SmelltheRubber
09-10-2002, 06:24 PM
You cant miss that flash at night!! A while ago, I was goin down memorial, and I was using the guy in front of me as a pace car! HUGE blue flash, and of course he hits his brakes, but 2 late!

CRXguy
09-10-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by kenny

52 Street NE/SE
Memorial Drive NE

I drive along these roads alot, and all I can say is be VERY CAREFUL.

ecstasyracer
09-10-2002, 08:15 PM
Looks like the cops left John Laurie blvd and 14th st off there list. I just drove by it an hour ago. I see this one there quite often so keep an eye out for it.

DSM Power
09-11-2002, 12:24 AM

Could they be any more general?? :rolleyes: :zzz:

kenny
09-11-2002, 01:46 AM
Of course the photo radar locations are not limited to those in the list, those are just the focus for the month. Other locations that always have photo radar are:

Deerfoot North under 64th ave bridge
17th Ave SW heading up the hill by the children's hospital
14th street by the row of houses / big field (confederation park?)
14th street south right by the greyhound depot downtown (hides behind the bus shelter)

Theres a few more very common locations but I can't think of them now. Its so hard to miss a photo radar truck/van unless it hides in a row of parked cars but thats when the V1 sniffs them out.

redline_13000
09-11-2002, 04:14 PM
does anyone know if putting hairspray on the license plate really works? what about clear coat?

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 03:12 PM
i always see photo radar on 14st...haha..probably trying to nail the already broke ass university students (myself included) happy to be heading home after a long day of boring lectures. :madred:

infamous
09-12-2002, 03:27 PM
haha another good one is when you come off of deerfoot at 130th ave, right when you come over the hill by 7-11, they sit at the corner of the entrance and nail you.....they were there yesterday

James
09-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by infamous
haha another good one is when you come off of deerfoot at 130th ave, right when you come over the hill by 7-11, they sit at the corner of the entrance and nail you.....they were there yesterday

I got a ticket there almost 2 years ago!:madred: its not Photo Radar though, its a radar trap, so when u come over the hill and your speeding, your fucked, cause u cant see them hiding behind the Fence.:guns:

infamous
09-12-2002, 03:40 PM
yep....but i wish that they would sit along mt. mckenzie drive instead of there....always little kids playing, and speeders doing like 100...it's really frustrating :banghead:

James
09-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by infamous
yep....but i wish that they would sit along mt. mckenzie drive instead of there....always little kids playing, and speeders doing like 100...it's really frustrating :banghead:

That would make a hell of a lot more sense, There is NO pedestrians along that part of 130th, yet People always crusie along Douglasdale Blvd/Mt. Mckenzie drive, and theres tons of people. I never speed there though.:rolleyes: :D

Ben
09-12-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by James

That would make a hell of a lot more sense, There is NO pedestrians along that part of 130th, yet People always crusie along Douglasdale Blvd/Mt. Mckenzie drive, and theres tons of people. I never speed there though.:rolleyes: :D

I called into the CPS last week because I was appauled by the amount of people blowing through mountain park at 90+ throught the playground zones. Last week I had a guy in an Exploder blow by me curb side (its a 1 lane road) in the playground zone, and then on the way home, I had two jerkoffs in some riced up J Bodies roar by me on the way home curbside, I dont understand it.

And this morning to my delight, there was the CPS with dickface in his Explorer in the Playground zone standing outside his vehicle talking to the cop, getting a lecture and quite the ticket I'm sure. I felt a small victory there. I have no respect for playground speeders.

infamous
09-12-2002, 03:57 PM
i know. no matter what is happening, people should never speed through playground zones. the fines are huge, now only if we could get more cops out there (especially in mckenzie, mountain park, douglas dale, etc.)

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 06:38 PM
yes i kno! i can't stand people who speed through playground zones either!

good for you benny! you took initiative! something similar happened to MB and I last week...i was driving up the hill from downtown on centre st and this ass in a black civic is weaving in and out of traffic and cuts me off...MB was telling me to hold my cool and stay the speed limit b/c cops are always at the top of the hill...sure enough they were there and the "speed racer" got pulled over..haha..we both laughed and pointed..good times! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
09-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
yes i kno! i can't stand people who speed through playground zones either!

good for you benny! you took initiative! something similar happened to MB and I last week...i was driving up the hill from downtown on centre st and this ass in a black civic is weaving in and out of traffic and cuts me off...MB was telling me to hold my cool and stay the speed limit b/c cops are always at the top of the hill...sure enough they were there and the "speed racer" got pulled over..haha..we both laughed and pointed..good times! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh hellz yah, i stuck my head out the window, laughed and pointed my finger at him! hahahaha:rofl:

2K255HP
09-12-2002, 11:26 PM
I hate it when ppl speed in playground zones, small streets ne thing of that caliber......like whats the rush :dunno:

its like they won't ever learn till they hit someone :madred:
and by then its just too late

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 11:37 PM
yeah i was out walking and this hick comes blazing by in a playground zone going about 70..yes 70km! freaking fag.

his bunk ass truck is rusty and ugly..i think he put in racing seats!! haha...ughhh...i wouldn't be so judgemental about his ride just that he was speeding in a playground zone. i was hoping that cops would be around...then i saw him again racing some other hick throughout the community!!!! :madred: :madred: :madred:

just b/c there is no playground sign doesn't mean that small children are playing on the road!! arrrghhhh

LaughingTiger
09-18-2002, 09:07 AM

52 Street NE/SE
Mission Road SW
Sarcee Trail NW
Memorial Drive NE/NW

Slow down, and remember to watch for kids in the playground/school zones!

Thanx for the info....