PDA

View Full Version : golf lessons - any reccomendations?

screw_loose
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
After a recent trip and having the chance to play golf in the tropics it's made me want to take up a few lessons. The caddy I had gave me a few quick pointers which somehow instantly fixed my drive. Now every single ball is going dead straight for 280-300 yards. I'm still baffled.

In any event it's made me wanna take up a few lessons specifically hitting with irons and putting. Wanted to see if anybody knew of a really good place to go to.

89coupe
04-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I took lessons from this guy.

http://www.golfiq.com/aboutscott.aspx

I thought his approach was excellent, and I learned a lot.

My swing improved immensely.

JC522
05-02-2012, 01:42 AM
bumping up an old thread instead of making a new one. Looking at getting some lessons, tried googling some reviews around Calgary but nothing really came up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to go for lessons? Any help is greatly appreciated

Soreshins
05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Terry Carter - National Golf Academy.

asp integra
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Soreshins
Terry Carter - National Golf Academy.

as i wrote in the 2012 golf thread

"Terry Carter who runs the NGA dome is one of the best instructors in town. Look him up and see if his style of teaching would suit how you want to play. I have heard from alot of people that choosing an instructor is like choosing a home or a car, some instructors suit some people while others dont. I think Terry would be a good start and there are other pros that work out of the Dome as well as some of the city courses."