PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day for Golf Courses

Anton
04-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you are aware of the opening dates for golf courses.

I have a tee time booked at Fox Hollow on Sunday but they're still not 100% set to run, although, are most likely going to be open.

Harvest Hills is also set to open this weekend (called them yesterday but they weren't booking tee times yet).

Any others?

On a side note, Richmond Green is set to open this year for another cheap inner city golf alternative. Opening day is sometime middle of May I think.

flipstah
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
The City courses are opening in May. I want to know when Boulder Creek opens; free green free on birthdays! :thumbsup:

JVR1
04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
i think rivers edge is this friday

vtec4life
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Rivers Edge is Saturday the 23rd

~Leah~
04-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Yup. Rivers Edge opened yesterday actually... tons of peeps out there today.

Glen Eagles is opening tomorrow.

jsn
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
OP, have you played Richmond green? If you play courses like harvest hills and fox hollow regularly, I think you'll be quite disappointment with Richmond. It's almost a pitch and putt.

HuMz
04-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Mackenzie opens Wednesday.

Anton
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jsn
OP, have you played Richmond green? If you play courses like harvest hills and fox hollow regularly, I think you'll be quite disappointment with Richmond. It's almost a pitch and putt.

Nope but I've heard exactly this. I'd still be interested to play it cause it's super close to me and I assume would be dirty cheap. 20-something bucks for a quick 9, 5 mins away from home is alright with me!

Ended up going to Harvest Hills today and it was great to be out again.

jdmXSI
04-24-2011, 10:48 PM
I know heatherglenn is set to open for Monday April 25th. Let's hope for a great season!

chathamf
04-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Bearspaw FTW

flipstah
04-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Hope to see some Beyonders on a course! :thumbsup:

And if you see me, please have some kindness as this is my first full season of golf lol. :)

tobslau
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Hope to see some Beyonders on a course! :thumbsup:

And if you see me, please have some kindness as this is my first full season of golf lol. :)

I humble refuse your offer, if I see you on course and you take more than 5 shots on a par 4, I will rage hit a ball at you :devil:

But cereally, most city courses are open this weekend. Driving ranges are good to go right now, except confed. Have a fun weekend :P

Golf Course Tentative Opening Date Information
Maple Ridge Wednesday April 27 9-hole Play only (back 9) - permanent greens

18-hole play as of Friday, April 29 (tentative)

McCall Lake 18 Thursday April 28 Permanent greens

McCall Par 3 Friday April 29 Permanent greens

Shaganappi Valley 9 Saturday April 30 Permanent greens

Shaganappi Point 18 Saturday April 30 9-hole play only (front 9) - permanent greens
18-hole play as of Saturday, May 7 (tentative)

Lakeview Saturday April 30 Permanent greens

Confederation Park Wednesday May 4 Mostly permanent greens - 1 temporary

Richmond Green Saturday, May 14

Anton
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by tobslau

Snip

Damn, was hoping to golf Shag a couple times before I leave this week as it's closer and cheaper.

Got a tee time tomorrow at McKenzie, will let everyone know how it is!

flipstah
04-26-2011, 03:33 PM
What changes did they make to Richmond?

Also, that kid in the City of Calgary golf site has a better finish than I do. Fuck. :rofl:

vtec4life
04-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Played Silverwing on Monday afternoon. Was expecting a shitty golf course so i was surprisingly impressed. not much for trees but the greens are great. Not bad for $40! Also, shot an 81! my best score ever on my first day out this year! Almost as good as Rory Mcilroy! Haha. Previous best score is 87 at Darcy Ranch, the rest of my scores have been mid 90's. hopefully thats a sign of good things to come! Hope everyone has a great season, If anyone ever needs to cap off a group let me know!

dino_martini
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
What changes did they make to Richmond?

Also, that kid in the City of Calgary golf site has a better finish than I do. Fuck. :rofl:

I think its pretty much the same course, they just had drainage issues that needed to be addressed.

00sir2
04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
I played Mckenzie on Wednesday evening and I was quite surprised. The course was in pretty good shape for early season and they were even on regular greens not the temps.

Spoons
04-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 00sir2
I played Mckenzie on Wednesday evening and I was quite surprised. The course was in pretty good shape for early season and they were even on regular greens not the temps.

Same with Harvest Hills. Greens were a little quick but other than that the course was in excellent shape for early season.

Shot a 59 first day back though :banghead: Just absolutely shit the bed on two holes... Every other hole wasn't too bad. Definitely will have er way under 100 by the end of the season.

Hi-Psi
05-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Playing Silverwing tomorrow afternoon! Yay for free golf! All this week you can golf a round for free!

Anton
05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Anyone ever golf in Spokane? Me and my buddy are thinking of going there on May long and it seems like most of the courses are around $25. My buddy was talking to one of his clients who said that those courses rival places like Kananaskis, Silver Tip, etc.

t_soarer
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Anyone ever golf in Spokane? Me and my buddy are thinking of going there on May long and it seems like most of the courses are around $25. My buddy was talking to one of his clients who said that those courses rival places like Kananaskis, Silver Tip, etc.

Yeah the golf courses there are incredible and surprisingly cheap. Was in Spokane about two years ago and checked one out...too bad I didn't bring my clubs, cz it's a hell of a deal

Anton
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Sweet - thanks!

Will probably golf Coeur D'Alene while we're there too. Should be sick!

flipstah
05-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Anybody know if Calgary has a decent golf forum?