PDA

View Full Version : graveyard shift jobs

AutodreamMarvin
01-14-2004, 09:24 PM
due to certain circumstances, I am now looking for a full-time job. I do prefer graveyard shifts, and sunday night to thursday would be a plus. Does anyone know of any worksites hiring graveyard?

thanks.

sxtasy
01-14-2004, 09:42 PM
try grocery stores, they are usually looking for night time stockers

SUPRAPHAT
01-17-2004, 05:40 PM
I worked at Safeway as a night time shelf stocker and it sucked bum! I would never recommend it to anyone!

Just my 0.02 cents!

Jason

mwmhong
01-17-2004, 06:35 PM
You can try 'night audit' at a decent hotel. On slow nights you can get many hours of studying in if you're going to school.

Get a feel for the traffic at the place, if it's too busy (constant walk-ins, traffic) you get no free time. If the place is a $#it-hole, you'll have guests who are the types of people who stay in $#it-holes and will behave like @$$holes and you'll get no free time. :(
Also, if the place is a $#it-hole you'll get lots of complaints=no free time.

However, if you get just the right place, it's like you're getting paid just to be there to study (or slack off) :thumbsup:

Another option is security firms. Again, some assigned places are easy and are good if you want to study (or slack off), while others are in more 'exciting' places with more 'exciting' people.
Places like Starchoice, for example, are deader than hell :zzz:, while places like the Coast Plaza Hotel are 'exciting' :guns:.

I am 95+% sure that Purolator Courier has a graveyard shift, as does Canada Post.