PDA

View Full Version : surveillance cameras?

SR240SX
04-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Where can I buy really good cameras that are small enough not to be noticed?

Someone has been messing with my house and vehicles for the past few months now and I'm really getting sick of it. Its time I catch these bastards...They have burned 1 car to the ground in my driveway aswell as burnt the front of my house. The second time was a lit newspaper stuffed under the windsheild wipers, did damage to the wiper and the plastic trim peice thing. Now I got outside this morning after washing my car last night and the drivers side is absolutely covered in eggs.

I need to catch these pricks so they can get what they deserve...If anyone has any experience with these or knows a good place to go shopping for some please let me know! thanks.

ByTeMe
04-23-2011, 12:25 PM
The Spy Store on McLeod should have what you need.

They had a lot of neat stuff when I went in their last time, but it's not cheap.

C_Dave45
04-23-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm not "up" on all the latest. But a cheap way is buy a "trail cam". They're not tiny, so you'd have to hide it somewhere inconspicuous. Under an old box, among other "garbage" in your garage/carport somewhere. It uses infra red, so there's no flash, and it takes a picture at the sign of movement. Video or stills.

Something like this:

http://www.basspro.com/Primos-TRUTH-Cam-35-3-0-Megapixel-Infrared-Game-Scouting-Camera/product/10206673/-1692685?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

dexlargo
04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
I've seen some small CCTV setups for sale at Costco - I didn't look at them very closely, so I'm not sure if it would suit your needs, but it might be worth checking out.

Kloubek
04-23-2011, 01:34 PM
You must of pissed someone off something fierce.

I bought a setup once and didn't even use it. It was super cheap on Ebay. Just a small (1X1") camera which you hook up a 9v to, and a radio receiver which plugs into a VCR, or other RCA source.

Obviously, such a setup has limited capabilities.

Otherwise, you'd want a small CCTV camera which connects to a recorder of some sort. There are digital ones which use up to 8GB cards on ebay for something like $80. Cameras themselves are cheap... $25 maybe.

SR240SX
04-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Cool guys thanks I will look into those