PDA

View Full Version : E36 BMW Rear Bearing

Pthe
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Anyone knows of a good shop (other than Sheni) to replace rear wheel bearing on a BMW E36?
Thanks, Pthe

Scope951
04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Vitek's Autoworks, best customer service hands down, honest, good work, and done properly.

IIRC they are cheaper than Sheni's too.

Don't listen to people who go to Nurburgring down south, the people who work the shop are rude, have no patience, and have no people skills (at least one of them). They'll be a bit cheaper though sometimes, and yes they will "get the job done", but I went there once and never will again. Period.

Pthe
04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks Scope,
I had some work done to replace the heather core at Sheni and when I got car back vent would blow cold air only (no air or heat). He or his guy broke something and I was told that car was that way when it came in & $800 to fix it. Twice of what I went in for originally. So that's that for Sheni.

I am still trying to figure out if it's teh bearing on my rear wheel or the half shaft that making a hissing springy noise when I decelerate or ion constant rolling speed. I will check Vitek's when I figure it out.

Thanks agan,
Pete

Scope951
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
I see, I haven't had personal experience with Sheni, but he and his partners sounded kind of shady anyways.
Good luck with diagnosing, I would help you if I knew more try bimmerforums maybe?

Pthe
04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks.