PDA

View Full Version : Review: Tamarind Vietnamese Grill & Noodle House

GQNammer
04-23-2011, 04:06 PM
This place is run by my mom, siblings, and myself. I am unsure of the rules of posting a review of your own restaurant, so I'll just post these instead.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/tamarind-vietnamese-grill-and-noodle-house-calgary

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/1545002/restaurant/Downtown/Tamarind-Vietnamese-Grill-Noodle-House-Calgary

Beyond, let us know what you think!

K3RMiTdot
04-23-2011, 04:45 PM
any beyond discount?:rofl:

max_boost
04-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Good reviews so far. Hope you guys do well.

Opened Saturday 12-8pm right? Will go check it out next week.

GQNammer
04-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
any beyond discount?:rofl:

My family and I were discussing that. After some consideration, we decided against it. We did not want to make our loyal customers feel shafted.

Good news though. Starting June we'll be offering for a limited time 10% off to celebrate our one year anniversary. Hope to see you guys!

CelicaST-162
04-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

My family and I were discussing that. After some consideration, we decided against it. We did not want to make our loyal customers feel shafted.

Good news though. Starting June we'll be offering for a limited time 10% off to celebrate our one year anniversary. Hope to see you guys!

Do your fellow Nammer's get discounts?:D

bignerd
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Any chance you make a soup dish that is vegetarian, has fried tofu in it with pineapple, onions and tomatoes? Sort of a tomato/veggie broth?

Had it at a Viet restaurant in victoria and have not seen it since. The mango salad is nice too, that is not very common here, at least not at the vietnamese restaurants I have been to.

GQNammer
04-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Any chance you make a soup dish that is vegetarian, has fried tofu in it with pineapple, onions and tomatoes? Sort of a tomato/veggie broth?

Had it at a Viet restaurant in victoria and have not seen it since. The mango salad is nice too, that is not very common here, at least not at the vietnamese restaurants I have been to.

I think I know which soup you're talking about. Unfortunately we do not serve that particular dish. We have such a small kitchen, it's hard enough trying to push out 35+ different dishes on the menu.

But never fear, we have a lot of vegetarian customers. We make anything vegetarian. Our veggie Pho is made with a vegetable base soup, with fried tofu, brocolli, carrots, cauliflower, etc. This dish and our vegge Pad Thai are the most popular veggie dishes. If you do decide to swing by, just mention you'd like to try our vegetarian variety and I'm sure we can fix something up for you.

GQNammer
04-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Good reviews so far. Hope you guys do well.

Opened Saturday 12-8pm right? Will go check it out next week.

Unfortunately we are closed Saturday, April 30th for a family function. :(

max_boost
04-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

Unfortunately we are closed Saturday, April 30th for a family function. :(

I'll go the week after so it's all good. Just make sure to double up the beef as we might be coming after working out haha :D

FujiSyuuske
06-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Stopped by for a sate beef sub today and after devouring it in 5 minutes have to say the ingredients were fresh and plentiful. Against my better judgement I got the jalapeno's which added quite a bit of kick to it. Overall, i enjoyed the sub and had no complaints for a $5.50 downtown lunch, but what made me happy the most was that I now have another lunchstop within a couple of blocks from work that I can hit up for a quick bite!

Look forward to trying the other menu items throughout the summer :)