PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts of the Emerald Stone building

5G_celica
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey All,

I'm looking for my first place to buy and found a nice 2 bedroom condo int the emerald Stone building (on top of Rics's grill).

I was just wondering if any one here, either lives there or knows anyone that does, that can tell me what they think of the building, and why the condo fee's are so high. $520 seems quite steep.

I'll definitely will be doing my due diligence if I do end up purchasing in here, but I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were.

Thanks

waypastfast
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
PM Sent.

kaput
04-25-2011, 03:42 PM

in*10*se
04-25-2011, 03:56 PM
most dt condos fees are around 45-55cents per square foot,

45cents for basic amenities
55cents for nice stuff (like VR golf simulator, gyms etc)

so assuming your condo is 1000 sq feet, times 55cents = 550 dollars...

520 sounds about right.

welcome to condo living

(i've been on the condo board at the chocolate condos for a few years, so i kinda have an idea what i'm talking about, cause i get to set the condo fees.)

skandalouz_08
04-25-2011, 07:18 PM
My realtor lives in Emerald Stone. I had no idea condo fees were that high over there, but it is a nice building and well kept up. He hasn't had any complaints about it.

civic_rida
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I think it looks dated.

KappaSigma
04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se

520 sounds about right.

welcome to condo living

(i've been on the condo board at the chocolate condos for a few years, so i kinda have an idea what i'm talking about, cause i get to set the condo fees.)

Disagree. Depends on the building. Vetro uis a new building with a ton of ameneties and condo fees are below 40 cents. I use to live there, in a 1000 sq foot and it was 385 and that was since day one (2 years later - no increases). All depends on hos well managed the reserves are.

ee2k
04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 5G_celica
Hey All,

I'm looking for my first place to buy and found a nice 2 bedroom condo int the emerald Stone building (on top of Rics's grill).

I was just wondering if any one here, either lives there or knows anyone that does, that can tell me what they think of the building, and why the condo fee's are so high. $520 seems quite steep.

I'll definitely will be doing my due diligence if I do end up purchasing in here, but I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were.

Thanks

I used to rent there. Nice building, can't think of a single thing/episode that would make me think negatively about buying at Emerald Stone. Yes, condo fees are somewhat high, but it is a clean, well maintained building that appears to hold its value if not keeping appreciating more even after the slump of a couple of years back.

The golf simulator is a bit excessive, I have not seen it being used much during the time I lived there. Don't know how much it costs to maintain it. The gym had new equipment added in the last couple of years, decent enough. Quiet building, and even from lower floors, street/outside noise is not an issue. Owners appeared to be friendly.

I wonder if the guy that PM'd you had some negative thoughts he did not wish to share with the general population.

5G_celica
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by in*10*se

520 sounds about right.

welcome to condo living

Emerald Stone works out to about $0.59 per square feet. that's pretty high for a building that doesn't have a pool.

my Realtor spoke with the managing company to find out why, and so far what we know (without looking at the condo docs) is that:

-internet is included
-the heating and AC system uses a Fan coil system in each unit, which the condo board maintains each year and is responsible for.

Originally posted by civic_rida
I think it looks dated.

I know what you mean. anything with brick nowadays looks a bit more outdated. but the interior looks great imo

Originally posted by KappaSigma

Disagree. Depends on the building. Vetro uis a new building with a ton of ameneties and condo fees are below 40 cents. I use to live there, in a 1000 sq foot and it was 385 and that was since day one (2 years later - no increases). All depends on hos well managed the reserves are.

I think you're right to an extent. Vetro is an exception to the rule. condo fees there are the lowest of the bunch.

initially I wanted a place in Vetro, but no dogs allowed, so that's a no go.

Originally posted by ee2k

I used to rent there. Nice building, can't think of a single thing/episode that would make me think negatively about buying at Emerald Stone. Yes, condo fees are somewhat high, but it is a clean, well maintained building that appears to hold its value if not keeping appreciating more even after the slump of a couple of years back.

The golf simulator is a bit excessive, I have not seen it being used much during the time I lived there. Don't know how much it costs to maintain it. The gym had new equipment added in the last couple of years, decent enough. Quiet building, and even from lower floors, street/outside noise is not an issue. Owners appeared to be friendly.

I wonder if the guy that PM'd you had some negative thoughts he did not wish to share with the general population.

Thanks for the input. I'm glad to hear no one uses the golf sim.. cause I'll prolly try and use it as much as possible. hahaha

no they didn't say anything negative. it was all positive. pretty much like what everyone is saying here.

I'm looking into it further and post what I find just to keep you guys updated.

I think I'm definitely leaning towards this building if there isn't anything majorly wrong with the condo docs

Thanks guys