PDA

View Full Version : parking ticket does not exist

ahmadg
04-25-2011, 10:35 PM
so i got a parking ticket about 2 weeks ago and when i went to pay for it on the parking authority site it says that the ticket does not exist or i ve entered the ticket number wrong. I double checked the parking ticket number and the license plate number and there both same as they appear on the ticket. so my question is that because of the fact that the parking ticket does not exist in the Calgary authority database. Does that mean that i don't have to pay the ticket? I am wondering because todays the last day i can pay the ticket before it turns $120 from $80.

One more thing is that i had my hazards on when i got the ticket. However i was not in the car at the time and the car was parked at a marked fire lane according to the ticket.

DeeK
04-26-2011, 01:00 AM
If you turned your hazards on to park somewhere... you already knew you weren't supposed to park there.

Squishy
04-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by DeeK
If you turned your hazards on to park somewhere... you already knew you weren't supposed to park there. This... even though it's irrelevant to your question.

You said you went to the parking authority personally to pay it to someone at a booth-thing? When I got a parking ticket I just went to BMO bank (I am with them for banking) and they accepted the payment there. Try going to a bank to pay it and see if they'll take it? :dunno: Some accept it, some don't.

Orbie
04-26-2011, 09:19 AM
OP, same thing happened to me last year in regards to the ticket not appearing on the Parking Authority website for an online payment. It was a questionable ticket for me from the beginning, basically one of those park 5m back from stop sign and I was maybe 4.8m back instead. I forgot my tape measure that I use to measure distance everytime I park :rolleyes:

Either way the parking authority officer also realized that ticket was crap and tossed it (after he wrote it up and issued it). When that happens the ticket does not show up on the website even though you received a copy. So in my case it meant I did not have to pay the ticket. But to be sure you should call the parking authority and give them the ticket number and license plate and they will tell you what happened. That's what I did, don't just assume you don't have to pay though as I'm sure there are other circumstances this may happen.

arian_ma
04-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Parking tickets are $80 now??? :guns:

ddduke
04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Parking tickets are $80 now??? :guns:

When you park in a firelane, yes.