PDA

View Full Version : LF: Xbox Live US Points Card (1600)

Despair*
04-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an Xbox Live Points card. The catch is I'm looking for a United States version. The cheapest one i'd like is the 1600 points version. Retails for about 20 USD. Problem is they are sold in the states and not here. I know it's a long shot trying here since these aren't sold in Canada but it would save me from going elsewhere if someone does manage to have one.

Thanks

-DC

Little Dragon
04-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Maybe try Ebay?

BokCh0y
04-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Can you even use a US Xbox points card on a Canadian account?

If so...i'll buy a crapload for the kid when i go there.

Despair*
04-27-2011, 01:15 PM
^ No you can't use a US points on a Canadian Account. I have a US Live account and their is no regional migration form the US --> Can and vise versa which is really dumb.

Live points are region bound, so you can only use US Xbox live points with US registered accounts, and Canadian points on Canadian accounts. So don't make the mistake of trying to mismatch. It won't work.

I would buy from ebay, but a month ago my CC was compromised. Still don't have a working CC for my paypal at the moment.

Greek Wizard
04-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Despair*
^ No you can't use a US points on a Canadian Account. I have a US Live account and their is no regional migration form the US --> Can and vise versa which is really dumb.

Live points are region bound, so you can only use US Xbox live points with US registered accounts, and Canadian points on Canadian accounts. So don't make the mistake of trying to mismatch. It won't work.

I would buy from ebay, but a month ago my CC was compromised. Still don't have a working CC for my paypal at the moment.

Just to clarify in case anyone was curious,

While the above is true with points, the 12 Month XBL Service renewal cards are region free.