PDA

View Full Version : HDMI cables that are better then Monster? What?

supe
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Have you heard of AudioQuest Coffee cables?

Some even claim it can turn a 2d TV into a 3d TV!

A 6' cable goes for $695.99 USD.

Read the reviews yourself:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Coffee+6.6%27+HDMI+Cable+-+Brown/Black/1267646.p?id=1218245470758&skuId=1267646#tabbed-customerreviews

Apparently the 12 meter cable went for $2000!

Dont know about you but I'm going to start saving up.

then => than, caught it first $%!@

Jeremiah
04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
LOL are you serious?

lilmira
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Cable is so good, you don't even need a tv.

yellowsnow
04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
lol at some of the reviews

"I must say, I was a bit disappointed in this cable. I saved up for 6 months to buy it. (I work at Wendy's so I don't make a lot of money). When I first plugged it into my dvd player, I was impressed at how well it fit into the socket. It's probably from the gold plating. When I went to hook up the other end to my 36" Dynex, I was so angry to find it only had a DVI input. So I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter at Radio Shak, and was able to make it work. I couldn't really tell much of a difference between my Monster cables, but it probably just takes a while to get used to. I would recommend it to a friend."

:rofl:

ercchry
I have some magic beans for sale, you interested?

Mitsu3000gt
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The best part is the best buy reviews, all the people thinking they got something for their money.

I GUARANTEE nobody could tell the difference between this and a $3.00 6' monoprice cable in a blind test. Sometimes they go on sale for $1.50.

I don't even feel sorry for people who buy these things.

dimi
04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Yea I read the reviews...

"must say, I was a bit disappointed in this cable. I saved up for 6 months to buy it. (I work at Wendy's so I don't make a lot of money). When I first plugged it into my dvd player, I was impressed at how well it fit into the socket. It's probably from the gold plating. When I went to hook up the other end to my 36" Dynex, I was so angry to find it only had a DVI input. So I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter at Radio Shak, and was able to make it work. I couldn't really tell much of a difference between my Monster cables, but it probably just takes a while to get used to. I would recommend it to a friend."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"I WAS IMPRESSED WITH HOW WELL IT FIT IN THE SOCKET"

Oooops didn't see the reply above.

almerick
04-27-2011, 01:51 PM

supe
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
My original source:

http://consumerist.com/2011/01/how-this-2000-hdmi-cable-will-change-your-life.html

Just wow...

dj_patm
04-27-2011, 01:58 PM
OP...

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu170/bryanj87/Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg

supe
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
OP...

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu170/bryanj87/Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg

This is funny on multiple levels :rofl:

Roarasaur
04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
too bad best buy doesnt work on commission, I sense SOO much profit from selling one of these cables. This can't be real....

alloroc
04-27-2011, 02:06 PM
just buy blue jeans cable that uses belden wire and it will be as good or better than anything else ... including monster.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm

dj_patm
04-27-2011, 02:07 PM
lol digital signals are digital signals... regardless of cable.

msommers
04-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Bluejean cables are highly regarded on HeadFi (headphone forum). For an HDMI cable, Monoprice that shit.

I didn't even know a cable like that existed haha. I have to give them a pat on the back for marketing themselves so well.

dj_patm
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by supe

Just saw your source... Thank god. I was confused as to why beyond wasn't lighting your house on fire yet lol. I really hope no one was retarded enough to buy these...

bball2
04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Some more awesome reviews:

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/1267764/audioquest-coffee-39-4-hdmi-cable-white-reviews/reviews.htm

supe
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
This has got to be the best

So I bought a great TV about six months ago and it is very nice. It's a 46" LED 3D TV and the picture is clean and very realistic. But when I would go to sleep at night, I felt like something was missing. I started upgrading items for my system one component at a time. It started with my stereo receiver and then was the speakers, cable box, changed picture providers, speaker wire, theater furniture, TV Stand...nothing seemed to give it the extra push i was looking for. My neighbor suggested a new HDMI cable. GENIUS! It's like an angel came down and whispered the secret of life into my ear.
I went to apply to the local University for engineering course and studied until I was top of my class. I went to India and gathered the finest gold and took rubber from the oldest Para tree in Brazil to build my own cable. Nothing seemed to work to my expectations.
I then made my travels to the local Best Buy to see what they would recommend...and THERE. IT. WAS. Audioquest had perfected the HDMI cable and they were selling it for the most reasonable price of just barely over $2000. As an engineer, I was able to dissect this cable and put it back together again without harming the integrity of it and can I just say it was like seeing my first child for the first time. No, scratch that....it was BETTER than seeing my child. I was able to plug in the cable which was the perfect length for my TV and watch it with the most intense colors I've ever seen. I would not only recommend this to a friend, I'd recommend it to anyone as proof that heaven exists and that it's located at Audioquest. This cable was worth an additional $200,000 in educational, engineering, and travel expenses to determine what I needed could be found at Best Buy. So for those "tech geeks" who think that everything is just 1's and 0's, I submit this: Are you an engineer able to produce a cable? I think not.
What's great about it: Everything
What's not so great: Food lost flavor, colors seem dull in real life
I would recommend this to a friend!
145out of 151found this review helpful

E46..sTyLez
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by supe

+1!!
SO funny hahahaha :rofl:

oilerfan4lyfe
04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
This cable is simply out of this world. It will transform your movie viewing experience and your life. I used to pick up decent girls that were about a 5 or a 6 and after I've purchased this HDMI cable I've been dating super models. I have no idea what kind of metal is used to manufacture this cable but it must be an unknown element that does not exist on the periodic table as it has given the true powers, the power to attract stunning women. Just the other day I've noticed that my hair has grown fuller just above my forehead, my waistline went from a 38 down to a 31, grown bigger muscles in certain places, and the best of all is I'm already engaged to a hot young blonde girl who is filthy rich, all in a matter of two weeks. This cable get an 5/5 in all aspects because it will make you: beautiful, skinnier, and richer. I can't help it but share this amazing life-changing experience after I purchased this HDMI cable.

Awesome

heavyD
04-28-2011, 12:54 PM
LOL at people spending big bucks for digital signal cables in hopes the signal can be enhanced. How do you enhance a '1' or '0' communication?

adam c
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
LOL at people spending big bucks for digital signal cables in hopes the signal can be enhanced. How do you enhance a '1' or '0' communication?

easy

colsankey
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
1+ and 0+ ?

ercchry
04-28-2011, 02:04 PM
you do have to start "enhancing" once you start going distance with it, bandwidth starts to drop off... but at 6.6' you really could use anything

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2011, 02:18 PM
I wish I could find the article I read about a while ago regarding speaker cable. They took $5,000/ft cable, and a variety of cheaper cables all the way down to a coat hanger (or something similar, but I think it was a coat hanger) and a bunch of audiophiles with the supposed "golden ears" couldn't tell the difference in a blind test.

spike98
04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
you do have to start "enhancing" once you start going distance with it, bandwidth starts to drop off... but at 6.6' you really could use anything

All you ever have to do is enhance. Solves everything:

http://files.sharenator.com/1268044127756_You_Laugh_You_Lose_VERTICAL_STYLE-s244x4250-46489-580.jpg

supe
04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I wonder what type of HDMI cables those CSI guys are using? Thats what I want.

heavyD
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by adam c
easy

I'm not a computer nerd but I do the odd binary programming at work. I don't see how a special cable can enhance the quality of a digital signal. Your television, receiver, etc is going to read the same binary code that your DVD/console outputs. It doesn't change and really length is the only factor that affects the signal but too long a length will cause transmission issues (no signal).

ercchry
04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I'm not a computer nerd but I do the odd binary programming at work. I don't see how a special cable can enhance the quality of a digital signal. Your television, receiver, etc is going to read the same binary code that your DVD/console outputs. It doesn't change and really length is the only factor that affects the signal but too long a length will cause transmission issues (no signal).

you missed the joke... look at the size of the 1 and 0 in the quote in his post :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you missed the joke... look at the size of the 1 and 0 in the quote in his post :rofl:

:thumbsup: :rofl:

Buffalo Soldier
04-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I think im gonna go finance one of these cables...