PDA

View Full Version : When to take creatine/NO/protein

cricks11
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Ok so I just received my shipment of supplements today, and I'm not sure what the best way to take these are.
So I'll stick with what I do now with protein, 2 scoops after my workout. N.O I'll take before my workout, but should I just mix it with my creatine? Or should creatine be taken after a workout? I hear mixed answers. Also, does anyone know how much creatine is in N.O already? Should I scale back on my creatine monohydrate intake since N.O. already has some in it?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rGv7aLHow7A/Tbjh_yoUzbI/AAAAAAAAAL8/jDKWnJ_4VuU/s1600/008.JPG

GQBalla
04-27-2011, 10:28 PM
NO explode already has creatine.

you can just take creatine in the morning and stick with what you are doing

J-hop
04-27-2011, 11:23 PM
to answer your question about NO explode's creatine content. I would assume it has a similar amount to superpump 250, in which case I think it is pretty negligible. I've found my body quickly gets used to superpump so i've been cycling on and off of it and haven't notice any drop in muscle mass when I cycle off it. So although its not really an accurate test I'd say most of these prepump drinks don't contain much creatine.

Khalil.e
04-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Thats a ton of extra stuff to be pumping into your body!
I know there are benefits to it and all, but.....does no one just lift without additional powders/pills/etc anymore?

trevh
04-28-2011, 03:01 AM
That stuff is poison! Get ready for mood swings and zero change. I challenge you! Take before and after pics...:burnout:

trevh
04-28-2011, 03:19 AM
plus I want pics of before and after stretch marks.

Boosted_TL
04-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Have a 2 scoop shake about 30-45 min max after weight training. Add 5g of Creatine to it and leave it at that. If you are trying to gain size, add a slab of peanut butter to the shake too.

Cycling Creatine with larger amounts is pointless. NO is kind of pointless too but you already bought it. With NO and Super Pump 250 there are huge burn out feelings after the "effects" have worn off.

Next time - 200mg Caffeine, 24mg Ephedrine and 81mg of chewable Aspirin will do your pre workout boost and at a fraction of the cost.

Ive got to say, with you asking how to administer this stuff, why did you buy $500 worth to begin with?

KRyn
04-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by trevh
That stuff is poison! Get ready for mood swings and zero change. I challenge you! Take before and after pics...:burnout:

Originally posted by trevh
plus I want pics of before and after stretch marks.

Damn you stupid!

Unknown303
04-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Just a little reading for you regarding BSN NO-Xplode. While I to have used it and always though I was getting something out of it I wonder if it was more of a placebo effect or something. Plus I've always used it in conjunction with the standard Mono Creatine among other things.

http://supplementpolice.com/Complaint.pdf

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/80310-class-action-lawsuit.html

cricks11
04-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
Have a 2 scoop shake about 30-45 min max after weight training. Add 5g of Creatine to it and leave it at that. If you are trying to gain size, add a slab of peanut butter to the shake too.

Cycling Creatine with larger amounts is pointless. NO is kind of pointless too but you already bought it. With NO and Super Pump 250 there are huge burn out feelings after the "effects" have worn off.

Next time - 200mg Caffeine, 24mg Ephedrine and 81mg of chewable Aspirin will do your pre workout boost and at a fraction of the cost.

Ive got to say, with you asking how to administer this stuff, why did you buy $500 worth to begin with?

good stuff. I know the NO is kind of pointless but I wanted to try it out for fun. I probably won't stick to it. As for why I bought so much, better shipping rates and free gift :P. But really, I've been on protein and creatine at separate times before, just not together and with NO too.

cricks11
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Just a little reading for you regarding BSN NO-Xplode. While I to have used it and always though I was getting something out of it I wonder if it was more of a placebo effect or something. Plus I've always used it in conjunction with the standard Mono Creatine among other things.

http://supplementpolice.com/Complaint.pdf

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/80310-class-action-lawsuit.html

That's interesting, and actually good to hear. I'd prefer my NO not to be filled with creatine since I"m already taking monohydrate.

J-hop
04-28-2011, 02:22 PM
I find I do notice more of a pump when I take preworkout drink before, likely due to the NO. I've never crashed off of superpump so I think you'll be ok on NO-xplode.

The nice thing about pre-workout drinks is you always workout with a consistent energy level. It helps eliminate those days where you just drag your ass around the gym and don't give it your all.

only draw back is I find it upsets my stomach sometimes, not that you feel nauseous or anything but just feel a little bit off. Which is part of the reason I will be switching to just caffeine pills and a couple other pre workout supplements.

JfuckinC
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Jack3d FTW haha.. Shit makes me want to rip peoples limbs off :D.. But i can only take it on weekends, if i take it weeknights i wake up at night with the sweats :rofl: I'm kinda sensitive to caffeine and these kinda things..

Darkane
04-28-2011, 04:16 PM
There isn't much creatine in the NO.

Take 5g mono before and 5g mono post workout.

Does you protein powder have carbs or just protein?

You can benefit from adding 1-2 scoops of Gatorade POWDER (not liquid) to you postworkout protein.

You might want to add:

Fish oil (high grade - Usually something like Carlson's, Biotest Flameout OR get your doctor to write you a prescription for Lovaza :D)

Vit D (Make sure it's D3, not just Vit D)

High Potency B complex (AOR's essential mix is good, Calgary company)

civic_rida
04-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Wow not to sure what to say.

buh_buh
04-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
Wow not to sure what to say. then don't hit the reply button :dunno:

bigbadboss101
04-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Myofusion taste quite good. Low on carb compared to other products. Years ago I tried NoXplde. 30-40 minutes into the workout when my buddy is ready to go home I would get a kick of energy and felt like staying for another hour.