PDA

View Full Version : Review: Rocky's Burger Bus

winson2001
04-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Tried it today, disappointed, patty was huge, but was very dry, milk shake is ok(gonna try shakes everywhere till i find 1 btter then diner deluxe :D), poutineis kinda too salty to me but tastes ok, +1 for them to layer the curd n gravy in their poutine so there more then enuff curd n gravy for the whole thing. Had high expectations for a lot of beyonder recommandation, but disappointed :( 6.5/10

kvg
04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear. I personally have always received stellar food from there. My biggest problem with eating there is I need a nap after I finish eating.

sputnik
04-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Rocky's is quite bland and dry.

Five Guys has the best fast food burger in Calgary IMO.

Tik-Tok
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Rocky's is quite bland and dry.

Five Guys has the best fast food burger in Calgary IMO.

I'd have to agree. I used to love Rocky's, but over the years, the burgers started getting drier and drier. Once Five Guys opened, I haven't even thought of going back.

Rocky's needs to stop using lean ground beef. If they did, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Guillermo
04-28-2011, 10:12 PM
i like 5 guys better, too. Rocky's is OK, but I can make a better burger of that style at home. (at home, i don't think i'd ever attempt the 'fast food' approach used by 5 guys.)

300rwhp
04-29-2011, 05:26 PM
your right since rockies was taken over by new people it seems the burgers are not as good.

Guillermo
04-29-2011, 06:49 PM
do you guys know when it was taken over? i didn't know that.

but now that Holy Smoke is in the area, it more than makes up for Rocky's going down hill under new mgmt.

Benny
04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
do you guys know when it was taken over? i didn't know that.

but now that Holy Smoke is in the area, it more than makes up for Rocky's going down hill under new mgmt.

It's funny I was just thinking the same thing while reading this thread. I haven't been to Rocky's in a long time and it pretty much coincides with when I found out about Holy Smoke.