PDA

View Full Version : Review: Rage2's car, CLK63

TomcoPDR
04-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Not sure how many has had the opporunity, but I for one was fortunate to be offer to take the CLK for a spin the other day.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/313787/clk63-quotthe-blackquot-project-thread/

File photo
http://site.titanmotorsports.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/Clk-Matte-Black/CLK-Black-10.JPG

The whole "sex on wheels" would just be an understatement... Completely the opposite, only require a few simple actions: throttle and thrust but yet numberous pleasures.

Unlike most Beyonders, I'm not some multi millionaire who are used to providing in depth sophicated review on specific exotics they own. But I'll just provide my layman version as a working grunt how I feel.

Handling: Not sure how stock it is, but Rage's car handles exactly how you want it... No prediction, no over/under steer... Just all around "tight" handling.

Styling/Looks: The way this car sits NOW, makes you feel like Darth Vader gliding across asphalt.

Comfort/Interior: Simple, yet enough goodies (buttons) to keep you entertained (I didn't fuck around with your pre-sets Rage)... Interior, surprisely I've worked on other exotics/sports cars, this one totally wouldn't cramp even a 6'2" guy... You're still in a cockpit but roomy enough to move around, unzip, etc...

Audio: Turned it off during my drive. No comment

Acceleration: Don't even blink... I don't know much about these cars, just the way the transmission shifts (i.e. not sure how he tuned it)... it just makes you feel like a giant on the road taking ONE huge step while other's are taking 12 little paces to reach the same distant.

Braking: On demand. Not spongy, and definitely not grabby (where it catches and jolts you)... You feel like Fred Flintstone controling your exact movement. And it feels like the transmission somehow steps down as well during braking. (I'm not sure)

Gas mileage: I could had sworn I've seen a holographic display on the windshield with different money meter everytime you throttle.
http://www.dreamstime.com/money-wings-flying-clip-art-thumb2807082.jpg

Even though it was only for a short distance, but overall what a great unique experience. Thanks to Rage's generosity, so it wasn't like I stole it for a test drive while the car was at a shop I'm working in... Pretty much parallels being a minimum wage pizza boy delivering to an adult film house and being offered the chance to be a filler in one of the scenes. (case ref: Diabolic Spring Chickens #5, Trixie Kelly and the pizza boy)

Just pure awesomeness.

shakalaka
04-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Definitely one of my favorite Merc's. I am usually not a fan of Merc's but this one is gorgeous.

Tram Common
04-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Jesus Christ, here OP... let me help you out:

http://www.ucalgary.ca/esl/

max_boost
04-29-2011, 08:18 AM
^^

lol was it that hard to read? haha I mean it didn't really flow well but I've seen worst.

BTW, TomcoPDR is a fob so don't expect much lol

Cody D
04-29-2011, 08:18 AM
That car is beautiful, those wheels are perfect. You are a lucky guy for getting to take it for a drive.

schocker
04-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Gas mileage: I could had sworn I've seen a holographic display on the windshield with different money meter everytime you throttle.
This was the only part that I didnt find quite clear :rofl:
Good review though tom, sounds like a blast to drive.

urban.one
04-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Tomco was likely still too excited from the testdrive to type properly.

lilmira
04-29-2011, 08:26 AM
I have to complain about the parking job :poosie:

D'z Nutz
04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
BTW, TomcoPDR is a fob so don't expect much lol

What the fuck? Tomco's Asian?

Originally posted by lilmira
I have to complain about the parking job :poosie:

What the fuck? Tomco's Asian?

rage2
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
WTF you drove my car???

interlude
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
That car is awesome, I rode shotgun when we went for lunch. Every time he accelerated.. it felt like a "holy shit!" moment

TE4MFaint
04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by rage2
WTF you drove my car???

:rofl:

94boosted
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
WTF you drove my car???

Awesome Tomco stole Rage's car :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted

Awesome Tomco stole Rage's car :rofl:

Shit, I don't blame him. :rofl:

kvg
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
when do I get my turn:confused:
Fastest Merc I have driven is my old 1978 300d:thumbsdow
It accelerated and handled like a tank:(

Isaiah
04-29-2011, 10:15 AM
WTF you drove my car???

Originally posted by interlude
That car is awesome, I rode shotgun when we went for lunch. Every time he accelerated.. it felt like a "holy shit!" moment
And had lunch in it apparently.

Xtrema
04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
WTF you drove my car???

http://i.imgur.com/VXBfl.jpg

taemo
04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
You're still in a cockpit but roomy enough to move around, UNZIP, etc...

Lol! :rofl:

I love Tom's reviews, always entertaining.

E46..sTyLez
04-29-2011, 01:22 PM
^^

lol was it that hard to read? haha I mean it didn't really flow well but I've seen worst.

Hmmm

max_boost
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Oops, a lot of people get loose and lose mixed up too.

:D

kenny
04-29-2011, 02:06 PM
WTF you drove my car???

I think you should be more concerned about what he did after he pulled into the back alley and found out there was plenty of room to unzip.

E46..sTyLez
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Oops, a lot of people get loose and lose mixed up too.

:D

I know haha I'm just buggin man. I probably have a ton of spelling/grammar mistakes on here

benyl
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
^^ Leather conditioner... :rofl: :rofl:

Xtrema
04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by benyl
^^ Leather conditioner... :rofl: :rofl:

Didn't know Tomco is now in the detailing biz.

rage2
04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I think you should be more concerned about what he did after he pulled into the back alley and found out there was plenty of room to unzip.
Yea, with interlude after their lunch date. WTF????

max_boost
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
:drama:

shadowz
04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
BlackSeries=bangbus

redline
04-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

The whole "sex on wheels" would just be an understatement...

i think this answers the question

Freestylin
04-30-2011, 09:03 AM
^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BokCh0y
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
So Tom, what did you do in order for Rage to let you drive his car?