PDA

View Full Version : Review: Escoba

winson2001
04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Tried Escoba last nite with a friend n wife, at first when we walked in, it was pretty scary, the place was total empty at 8pm.... I was worried that this place must suck.... and I was surprised, we started off with just a crab cake... then the waitress think that all we want for appettisers for the 3 of us is just this 1 thing n walked away.... so we just go with the flow haha, the crab cakes is not bad then we order a rib eye, a duck breast and a salmon for the wife. wife likes it cooked well done, so not a surprise that the fish is over cooked n kinda dry also a bit too salty to my taste. But both the rib eye and the duck is amazing :D most the time when i have rib eye its thick n smaller in surface area, but this one is about 3/4 inch thickn looks more like a sirloin steak. It was perfectly cook, very juicy n some how i tasted a hint of sweetness to it, its was a pretty out of ordinary taste for a steak for me. the duck brest was cook to mid rare, the sauce they use for it also has a hint of sweetness, duck is soft n juicy, with a strong BBQ aroma. the duck breast also comes with a mushroom risotto cake, never had that before, its was soft n mooshy, kinda gross to me, non of us liked it. dessert was awesome me n friend shared a dessert tasting plate where we get a bit of every thing, chocolate truffle, tiramisu, dark chocolate souffle, and a thing of ice-cream. Love thta platter from start to finsh :D wife had the full size tiramisu, that comes with a dish of strewberry sauce, the sauce is a bit strong but the tiramisu is fine with out it ^^ at the ens its only 160 ish all of the above + 2 beers. well worth every penny I'd say.

9/10 for those who dont want to read the whole thing above ^^

Jeremiah
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
9/10 but you complained about service and taste?

WAT?

winson2001
04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
service was actually ok, just that 1 part where she walk away assuming we just want 1 thing for appetiser, everything else was perfect service wise ^^ N to me Its normal for a rest to have a few not as good dish, but from the rib eye n the duck, I'd definitely will go back to try other items on their menu.

l/l/rX
04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Me and someone else on here (i believe a girl) really enjoy this place! Everytime a thread pops up asking which restaurant to go to we always have this place in our list of suggestions!

davidI
04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I've had lunch there a few times and it's always quite good. The one time the waiter accidentally spilled a glass of water on my Manager - I thought the waiter was going to slit his wrist right then and there. Pretty funny.

I can't remember what I had when I was there, but it has always been an enjoyable dining experience (especially when someone else is picking up the tab).

Speed_69
04-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I've only had lunch here once a few months ago but I thought it was excellent! Would definitely recommend! Too pricey for me to go to for regular lunches though :(

badatusrnames
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Was in there for lunch once as well. Food was great.

U4RIA
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I've been here a few times in the past for dinner. Had the same dish both times (Chorizo pasta?). It was just so....:drool:

Myrrinda
05-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
Me and someone else on here (i believe a girl) really enjoy this place! Everytime a thread pops up asking which restaurant to go to we always have this place in our list of suggestions!

You likely mean me, haha. I rave about this place to everyone. I have never had bad food or bad service. My favourite dish is the filet in gorgonzola sauce. I also love their spring rolls as an appetizer. I took my mom here for her 65th birthday last year, and I booked the reservation through opentable. I noted in the reservation that it was her birthday. From the minute we walked in the door, people were coming up and wishing her a happy birthday and treating her like a queen. She loved it. We're going back this weekend for Mother's Day and my parents' 40th anniversary. My dad HATES restaurants, and this was the only place where I've heard him not complain about something. And yeah, they usually aren't that busy. I think the problem is that they don't really advertise. Most people have never heard of the place. I'm so scared that they'll close!

max_boost
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
The menu looks good! I couldn't find their hours so are they are a late night place? i.e. 9pm dinner on a weekday, after 10 on Fri/Sat?

Would love to give this place a try.

Myrrinda
05-03-2011, 05:35 PM
No they aren't late night. I usually go around 6 or 7