PDA

View Full Version : The Gallery Of Fine Cars - CRIMINALS!

Pages : [1] 2

Bileric
04-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Hello there Beyond world!

I know some users, and even Beyond.ca brass have had issues with JUSTIN KLEE and ADRIANO APRILE.

I found this site a month after I purchased a 2000 Audi s4 from The Infamous GALLERY OF FINE CARS! I really wish I had found it a month BEFORE, lol!

I have typed a letter to AMVIC, which I will cut n paste explaining the whole story!

schocker
04-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Perhaps you could provide us with some type of back story?

Bileric
04-29-2011, 09:25 PM
On October 13 2010 I contacted THE GALLERY OF FINE CARS in Calgary, Alberta. I placed a deposit on the above vehicle, a yellow 2000 Audi s4. On November 5th the vehicle was picked up by my father, and the balance paid in full. TOTAL purchase price for this car was $12,995, taxes and fees included. The extended warranty that was offered by Mr. Klee and Mr. Aprile was "EXPLAINED AND DECLINED", as initialed by my father on the original bill of sale.

On November 19th, the car broke down in Kelowna BC. Luckily we were only one block from the local Audi dealer. A secondary water pump, a vaccuum hose, and exhaust temperature sensors were required. An oil change was requested by myself, as well as wiper blade replacement, and a few burned out bulbs were taken care of. After a week of waiting for parts, our bill was $2393.27, on top of the added expense of the week long breakdown.

On the way home the next day after getting the car back from a certified Audi dealership, the car broke down yet again, in Banff, Alberta. It was a midnight breakdown at roughly -20 degrees. After a two hour wait in the car with no heat, a tow truck arrived and towed us to Glenmore Audi in Calgary, Alberta. I was given a quote for $7751, for items their service personel believed the car was in need of. These items were:

$1865 Timing belt and water pump
&1310 Valve cover gaskets and CAM SEALS
$265 Battery
$1570 Engine mounts
$1430 Fuel Injectors
$111 Coolant tank
$1200 Assorted hoses and pipes

I was irate at this point and called Mr. Justin Klee, at the selling dealer. A shouting match followed, and I began dealing with Mr. Adriano Aprile. He assured me that Glenmore Audi was simply trying to pad sales, and instructed me to bring the car back to him. ("We will take care of this.", were Mr. Aprile's exact words.) After seeing the car, he said that he could take care of the entire list of apparent problems for $3000. This didn't include the fuel injectors themselves. Only an injector FLUSH was performed by The Gallery of Fine Cars. After a week, the Audi was released to my father with a $3000 CASH payment being paid. No reciept was ever recieved for this cash. The car was then driven to Fort McMurray by a friend.

Not 10 minutes after having the car in Fort McMurray, the oil pressure warning light was flickering at low rpm, as well as the oil temperature gauge going all over the place. I immediately checked the oil and it WAS LOW 5 LITERS! I topped it up with oil, and over the next couple weeks, the car was only losing about 1/4 liter of oil every tank of fuel, although the smell of burning oil was evident.

On December 20th 2010, the car broke yet again. This time it was billowing smoke from everywhere. The car was turned off and towed to A. Jurich Mechanical Ltd, in Fort McMurray, on the recommendation of a friend who worked in their office. (We now know that both turbochargers were esentially burned up due to lack of oil.)

While in Kelowna for xmas vacation on Dec 22 or 23, I called THE GALLERY OF FINE CARS. He then told me not to worry and that "We bought you a warranty the last time we had the car." Angry, and now confused, I was told that the "warranty" would cover $4000. My quote was for $8800. I wasnt impressed, but any help was better than none I figured.

On Feb 28, 2011 we finally received the car back from A. Jurich Mechanical Ltd. I paid a bill of $4290.39, with this "warranty" covering the rest. Cause of this problem was faulty installation of a CAM SEAL. (have pics!)

After only two days the car was acting up yet again. Weird smells and noises were happening all the time, as well as the transmission shifting extremely hard. I brought it back to A Jurich, only to be told that there was nothing that they could do for the car.

The car was then taken to Premier Automotive, in Fort McMurray. They recommended taking it to an Audi dealer so "It can be fixed properly"

The car was towed to Southgate Audi, where it presently sits. Their service dept. informed us that the transmission is burned beyond repair. The cost alone for a new transmission is roughly $7000. Im not sure if that includes installation or not. They have mustered up a quote for nearly $10,000!

I have verified at 2 different Audi dealers, that the transmission problem could, IN NO WAY, be a result of work previously done on the turbochargers.

I have since found out that GLOBAL WARRANTY was the insurer, and I called asking for a copy of the warranty. I wanted to know if I was able to open another claim for the same problem, at a different shop, as our car was still not running properly. After seeing this warranty "agreement" I noticed that the signature signed as "applicants signature" is NOT my signature, nor is it anywhere close to my fathers, Mr. William Martin Sr.! We then noted some other flaws.

1. Date of my original bill of sale does not match warranty
2. Milage does not match
3. Purchase price does not match
4. My address is spelled incorrectly
5. On the date of the warranty, I did not even own the car!
(It was only in my name for 3 days, then transfered to my girlfriend as a birthday gift)
6. FORGERY of either my signature, or my fathers.

Recap of expense:

$12,995 purchase price
$2393.27 First breakdown
$1300 Studded winter tires
$3000 CASH to THE GALLERY OF FINE CARS
$4290.39 A. Jurich Mechanical Ltd
$350 Glenmore Audi
$= $10,000+ (?) current problem

This car was bought for my girlfriend as a bday gift, and because of a new job she was awarded at the same time. This job is across town 30km. EVERY DAY I now have to drive her to and from work, at 8 am, and 5 pm. This alone has cost me thousands. Some days I really cant make it, and a cab, one way is between $45-55, depending on traffic. Let alone the $350 per month insurance for NOTHING! This has been going on since late November, and we still dont have the car.

I believe that THE GALLERY OF FINE CARS and/or its shareholders should be liable for:

FINANCIALLY:

1. All repair bills I have paid
2. Current quote from Southgate Audi
3. 4 months insurance premiums
4. Towing bills
5. Hotel bills in Kelowna, and Calgary
6. Loss of use
7. Dollars paid to A. Jurich by Global Warranty

CRIMINALLY:

1. Insurance fraud
2. Forgery

I have copies of all documentation, including the original bill of sale, fraudulent (forged) warranty agreement, all repair invoices, and the current quote.

Bileric
04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
That is exactally what has been sent to AMVIC, and the fraud was reported to GLOBAL WARRANTY.

adidas
04-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Before you rant, which you have every right to do so, you should have had the car inspected properly. Obviously if you would have paid 100-200 initially u wouldnt be down a brand new kia at this point.

In other news, im surprised no1 has killed Justin yet lol, the guy is always out.

Bileric
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Before you rant, which you have every right to do so, you should have had the car inspected properly. Obviously if you would have paid 100-200 initially u wouldnt be down a brand new kia at this point.

In other news, im surprised no1 has killed Justin yet lol, the guy is always out.

Ya i know... It was a fast buy, trying to be very discreet as a present with the gf around too. They were smooth talkers. Heard all about their "ex-audi guy" mechanic when I bought it. I was told it was inspected by him. It'll last forever, I was told.

AE92_TreunoSC
04-29-2011, 09:49 PM
You bought a 10 year old audi and expect a full comprehensive warranty from a shaddy used car dealership?

Wait till you find out where that car was purchased from.

MK1GTI
04-29-2011, 09:52 PM
I know Gallery of Fine Cars has a bad reputation and I don't dispute that but B5 S4's are notorious for being very high maintenance and very expensive to maintain.

Kardon
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Lol did you expect your 11 year old turbo Audi to be as reliable as a honda? Why would you decline the extended warrantee on a car like that?

edit:tooslow

Jeremiah
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I fucking hate audis they're such junk

Bileric
04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
You bought a 10 year old audi and expect a full comprehensive warranty from a shaddy used car dealership?

Wait till you find out where that car was purchased from. N

No I declined the warranty. Warranties aren't worth the paper theyre written on to me. I have another doosey of a story regarding a dodge I'll post later on. But yes you can buy an all inclusive warranty for any used vehicle from any dealer. The dealer is the one who inspects the vehicles, convenienty. Either way u can't buy a warranty a month after the fact, as a dealer especially, with a forged bill of sale utilizing a forged signature :)

And in doing corporate searches and some basic research. I've found or that most of the cars at gallery of fine cars are brought from an Ontario auction. There are 2 more companies in Ontario. The Collection of Fine Cars, and Executive Auto Gallery, that they play switch a roo with all the time.

Bileric
04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
Lol did you expect your 11 year old turbo Audi to be as reliable as a honda? Why would you decline the extended warrantee on a car like that?

edit:tooslow
I will post my other story about WILLIAMS CHRYSLER in fort Mcmurray. I think then everyone will understand why I decline warranties.

And as for expecting reliability? I heard nothing but good things about Audis before this. A friend up here has a 97 a4. Almost 300k on it now. Owned it for 5 years now, put brakes and a rad hose in it. It was perfect for my gf. AWD, sporty, yellow just for her, and I could still enjoy it. It seemed like the perfect vehicle.

And seriously stand by for my Dodge story,

Bileric
04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by MK1GTI
I know Gallery of Fine Cars has a bad reputation and I don't dispute that but B5 S4's are notorious for being very high maintenance and very expensive to maintain.

I did not do any homework at all. I admit that. Doesn't mean I deserve what happened. Maybe the first bill or two but bot upwards of 35 k for a used car, that was "inspected" by an ex Audi mechanic?!

Bileric
04-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Gotta admit I expected a little bit of a different reaction from this site. Isn't this why we have AMVIC? And sites just like this one? Just found them too late. I'm 28 years old and was trying to do something nice for my gf. Can't buy anything used nice up here for decent $, tried calgary and got burned.

Kardon
04-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Dude there are alot of nice used cars in calgary, you can't blame the city for what the gallary passes off as "fine cars". I don't understand what you were expecting when you bought a used car without a warrantee? and now you're starting to realize why alot of people buy a newer japanese car instead of an older german when shopping used cars for that price range.

Bileric
04-29-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Williams-Chrysler/196723117006703

'Like' this page on facebook.

View discussion board: topic: The reason..
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Williams-Chrysler/196723117006703?sk=wall#!/topic.php?uid=196723117006703&topic=334

after that check out the other stories I have uncovered about WILLIAMS CHRYSLER JEEP in Fort McMurray by clicking on HORROR STORIES.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Williams-Chrysler/196723117006703?sk=wall#!/topic.php?uid=196723117006703&topic=335
Scroll down the wall and youll be amazed! I have received two DEATH THREATS from unmamed persons.(recorded!!) I know who it is BTW, and am in the process of building my case. Pretty obvious though.

WILLIAMS CHRYSLER is now suing me for 250K because of this fb page I have started, claiming SLANDER AND DEFAMATION. The only thing is is all my story is 100% fact based on personal experience, just like this lemon Audi.

My 2 year deadline was approaching for the Williams Chrysler issue, and then all this happened with the Audi. I got sick and tired of being screwed over by car dealerships and started a fb page. I have handed out almost 10,000 flyers, and have billboards planned for the side of my 20 ft 'milkvan'.

I have kept the 2 stories seperate for certain reasons up until now. Now Williams is suing me, Im suing them, Im suing Gallery of fine cars. It will all be public record when it hits the courts anyways!

Bileric
04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
Dude there are alot of nice used cars in calgary, you can't blame the city for what the gallary passes off as "fine cars". I don't understand what you were expecting when you bought a used car without a warrantee? and now you're starting to realize why alot of people buy a newer japanese car instead of an older german when shopping used cars for that price range.

I wasnt blaming Calgary at all bud. Not in the very least, just happened to be where I bought it. In a city of how many? 2,000,000?? Sure theres lots of nice cars. This one just had my gf name on it. As for the warranty... check out the dodge story i posted above.

tictactoe2004
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
I feel bad that you have to be in that situation, but really, you purchased an 11 year old performance vehicle without proper inspection and declined a warranty based on the word of a salesperson at a used car dealer? No one deserves to get screwed but you could have easily prevented the whole situation with minimal effort on your part.

How many KM did the car have?

Bileric
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
141,000km

Figured below 200 would be fine? Guess not. Lesson learned. But people need to stilll know.

Weapon_R
04-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm not following: you declined a warranty, bought one of the most unreliable brands on the planet, and this is somehow the dealer's problem? A lot of those repairs look like they are unrelated to your symptoms, meaning the mechanics took you for a ride. Other than the apparent warranty forgery (for which you got warranty on a car which you allege did not not have warranty), not sure where your claim is?

rizfarmer
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bileric
141,000km

Figured below 200 would be fine? Guess not. Lesson learned. But people need to stilll know.

this is either the first car you've ever bought, or you're a used car salesman's wet dream if you could be convinced this car was everything you were looking for. You won't find any sympathy here due to the fact most people here are enthusiasts, and wouldn't jump all over the first car that fit the bill without first performing some due dilligence on both the car and the dealer. Good luck anyways.... another used car lot victim.

tictactoe2004
04-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
one of the most unreliable brands on the planet

There's a big difference between "the most unreliable brands on the planet" and high maintenance. This article pretty much sums it up, replace woman with Audi and it's over 80% accurate:

http://ca.askmen.com/dating/heidi_100/127_dating_girl.html

AE92_TreunoSC
04-30-2011, 12:21 AM
No. They they are famous for being unreliable, on top of high maintenance costs.

Maintain means to keep a system operating.

Once something fails, it needs maintenance so its a poor choice of word to compare to reliable.

I work on a lot of them, and I despise them for their frequent failures in all systems and aspects of the car.

I like the new generation, but the old cars have a special place in car hell waiting for them.

J-hop
04-30-2011, 01:33 AM
so I may be completely out to lunch here, but first off, how do you expect the gallery to be found liable for your costs when you declined the warranty? isn't that what warranties are for? At least if you went ahead and bought their warranty you would have pretty good legal grounds to go after them for the repairs.

second, if chrysler is already suing you why would you want to come on here and publicly call the GOFC criminals? were they convicted of these crimes?

I'm not for or against your case, but I do think you need to cool down and get levelled before proceeding. I can only see public threads like this on a major car site (which the gallery of fine cars employees frequent) doing your case harm.

roll_over
04-30-2011, 02:01 AM
OP post pictures of your girlfriend.

turbotrip
04-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Did this Justin Klee used to own the Hot Wheelz used dealership? If so he's quite the character

Redlyne_mr2
04-30-2011, 07:53 AM
I usually don't get into these threads because there are 3 sides to every story but I feel bad for the OP and the associated dealer as well, it's a bad situation for both parties.

OP, as discussed you should have done more research on the car you're buying. A quick thread on beyond before hand would have saved you thousands. Anyone on here could have told you that a $12000 Audi S4 is going to be a money pit. With that being said I think the finger to point to are the mechanics who worked on your car and charged you these huge bills. As well as yourself for not asking any questions about the repairs.
$1865 Timing belt and water pump (why? did the waterpump fail?)
&1310 Valve cover gaskets and CAM SEALS (why?, does not affect the way a car performs)
$265 Battery (why? )
$1570 Engine mounts (why? This has nothing to do with the issues youre having)
$1430 Fuel Injectors (Why the injectors and waterpump at the same time?)
$111 Coolant tank (why? What's wrong with the old tank? )
$1200 Assorted hoses and pipes (That's huge money for hoses and pipes, why did they need replacement? )

By the sounds of it GOFC included a warranty in the price of the deal possibly to protect themselves in the event that something like this would happen. I don't think you should be concerned since you agreed to the price of the car, the fact that they included the warranty is a bonus for you as you would have incurred even more expenses.

It sounds like you're really new to cars and honestly shouldn't have bought an S4 unless it was a brand new one with full warranty. On a 12K car GOFC probably had next to no margins but it actually sounds like they're trying to help with the limited resources that they have.

Im not trying to defend anyone on here but I think you need to stop blaming others and move forward to get the car properly fix. Do some research and bring it to an independent shop who knows those car (alpine autowerks as as eg). It may be something very simple or something very expensive but Alpine while find out.

I think the fact that you bought this from GOFC is a bit of a bonus on your end as they're tried to help. Imagine if you bought this car privately? You'd be up a creek...

Anyways good luck man.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm not following: you declined a warranty, bought one of the most unreliable brands on the planet, and this is somehow the dealer's problem? A lot of those repairs look like they are unrelated to your symptoms, meaning the mechanics took you for a ride. Other than the apparent warranty forgery (for which you got warranty on a car which you allege did not not have warranty), not sure where your claim is?

First of all, I didn't know Audi was viewed as on o the most unreliable brands on the planet.

Secondly, I declined the warranty, yes. After the second breakdown, only two months after buying the car, I was pissed at the dealer, yes. But I wasn't expecting $$ back, or anything! All I asked for was a loaner car for a weekend when I was stuck in Calgary with no wheels, which I didn't get. I knew I declined the warranty, but still it shouldn't be breaking like it was and is! By declining the warranty I figured maybe in a few months something minor would probably require some attention. All used cars do! The dealer made it their problem by selling a shit car. I was even on decent terms with them when the car was picked up for $3000 cash. This would make it $5300 in a month after buying the car, for repairs. I was FINE with that. But when the repairs done by Gallery were faulty and caused another $9000 bill, THEY were the ones who bought (forged) the warranty. I knew nothin about this. When I was told about this after, I didn't know if it was an in house warranty or where it was coming from.

Now another $10,000 bill? You don't understand where my claim is?

The car was given back to menu Gallery 5 quarts of oil low. It holds 7. Lack of oiling caused both turbos to burn up. I'd say the mechanics (gallery's ex audi guy) took me for a ride! I trusted them after they sold me a lemon, cause I believe they wanted to try and make it right. But when their repairs, which were paid in full, caused substantial other damage, they panicked an forged a warranty, instead of warranting their own work first!

Bileric
04-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
so I may be completely out to lunch here, but first off, how do you expect the gallery to be found liable for your costs when you declined the warranty? isn't that what warranties are for? At least if you went ahead and bought their warranty you would have pretty good legal grounds to go after them for the repairs.

second, if chrysler is already suing you why would you want to come on here and publicly call the GOFC criminals? were they convicted of these crimes?

I'm not for or against your case, but I do think you need to cool down and get levelled before proceeding. I can only see public threads like this on a major car site (which the gallery of fine cars employees frequent) doing your case harm.

Because Williams Chrysler doesn't scare me in the absolute least. Let them sue me. Let Gallery sue me too! I am 100% confident in BOTH cases. Multiple lawyers have agreed with me. The fb page was actually set up on the advice of a British Columbia judge! (not a lie at all). Williams is trying to intimidate me with big numbers, for which they failed. If I'm scared of Williams and their death threats, I am certainly not gonna be deterred by a small time used dealer in Calgary.

And as for slowing down... It took me two years to plan out my Williams strategy. When the problem was happening, I wanted to drive the truck through the dealership window and let them keep it. Cooler heads prevailed, and I waited about 20 months to launch my campaign. Basically taking what I've learned from my dodge fiasco and using to my advantage for the Audi situation.

And if Gallery had maintained the attitude that it was sold as is, and I was S.O.L., they wouldnt be in this situation. Instead they tried, illegally at that, to make me happy. That failed too.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I usually don't get into these threads because there are 3 sides to every story but I feel bad for the OP and the associated dealer as well, it's a bad situation for both parties.

Sorry doing this on my iPhone and have to type here. The big 7700 bill was basically having the car fully inspected. What I should have done before I bought it. At this time, I couldn't take it back, so $3000 to GOFC seemed reasonable for that list. Now it's a $17,000 Audi, but a least it's been fully inspected now, is what I was thinking.

And once I found out about the fraud, I had no choice to report it, or become an accessory. Warranty is VOiD now anyways. Do all Audis really only make it to 140,000 km before needing $20k in work? I'm not new to cars, quite the opposite actually. I am BRAND NEW to imports. Honestly, embarrassing as I now know it is, Audi was the same as Honda to ME. As long as it's not a dodge.

If gOFC is that worried about their cars, include then with the cars. Don't forge a signature and document a month after the car has been sold. Telling me theres nothing that can be done would have been better for him. I am not going to get involved in insurance fraud, not a chance.

OP, as discussed you should have done more research on the car you're buying. A quick thread on beyond before hand would have saved you thousands. Anyone on here could have told you that a $12000 Audi S4 is going to be a money pit. With that being said I think the finger to point to are the mechanics who worked on your car and charged you these huge bills. As well as yourself for not asking any questions about the repairs.
&1310 Valve cover gaskets and CAM SEALS (why?, does not affect the way a car performs)
$265 Battery (why? )
$1200 Assorted hoses and pipes (That's huge money for hoses and pipes, why did they need replacement? )

By the sounds of it GOFC included a warranty in the price of the deal possibly to protect themselves in the event that something like this would happen. I don't think you should be concerned since you agreed to the price of the car, the fact that they included the warranty is a bonus for you as you would have incurred even more expenses.

It sounds like you're really new to cars and honestly shouldn't have bought an S4 unless it was a brand new one with full warranty. On a 12K car GOFC probably had next to no margins but it actually sounds like they're trying to help with the limited resources that they have.

Im not trying to defend anyone on here but I think you need to stop blaming others and move forward to get the car properly fix. Do some research and bring it to an independent shop who knows those car (alpine autowerks as as eg). It may be something very simple or something very expensive but Alpine while find out.

I think the fact that you bought this from GOFC is a bit of a bonus on your end as they're tried to help. Imagine if you bought this car privately? You'd be up a creek...

Anyways good luck man.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
Did this Justin Klee used to own the Hot Wheelz used dealership? If so he's quite the character

That's him!

Bileric
04-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by rizfarmer

this is either the first car you've ever bought, or you're a used car salesman's wet dream if you could be convinced this car was everything you were looking for. You won't find any sympathy here due to the fact most people here are enthusiasts, and wouldn't jump all over the first car that fit the bill without first performing some due dilligence on both the car and the dealer. Good luck anyways.... another used car lot victim.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Not looking for sympathy, as you put it. Just maybe some advice, and if not that, just spread the word even more bout these clowns.

I've got my case for court and really don't NEED much else. I posted here because of Gallery trying to sue this website a couple years back, that's the only reason I'm here!

Xtrema
04-30-2011, 08:42 AM
First of all, I didn't know Audi was viewed as on o the most unreliable brands on the planet.

Yeah. Most Europeans on average are less reliable and I won't own one out of warranty unless you have a good mechanic or shop that will work on it.

(or you have the money to keep it running)

bourge73
04-30-2011, 08:45 AM
And your yellow Audi even gave you clues....

tictactoe2004
04-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Let them sue me. Let Gallery sue me too! I am 100% confident in BOTH cases.

Just like you were confident enough to buy the car?

Some people just can't see the forest for the trees...

You have quite the theory to prove in court, like I said before I feel bad that you're in that situation but you keep saying things like "I trusted them" or how you figured "Maybe" in a few months it "something minor" need some attention... or why you "think" they "forged" the warranty papers..

To me it looks like you're heading in the direction of making a shitty situation much worse for yourself. Are these lawyers you're talking to willing to take the case on a contingency basis since they all tell you how solid the case is? or will you be paying them to take the case? Make sure you at least do a little more homework on your lawyer than you did on your car to make sure you don't get taken for another ride you weren't expecting.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Three lawyers in total have been consulted so far. I believe my bases are covered in that respect. But if I have learned anything from this it has to be more homework couldn't hurt. Anybody have any recommendations on legal counsel? I'll take a team into court if I have to, seriously.

And I really appreciate all the opinions I'm getting here, even if most of them place the blame on me. I will learn from this, but hopefully GOFC, and Williams Chrysler too for that matter, learn as well.

yoda124
04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

$265 Battery (why? )

Anyways good luck man.

someone that doesn't even have a remote clue about car repairs could look at that list and instantly know they're being jerked around...$265 for a car battery WTF is this shit???

Bileric
04-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by yoda124

someone that doesn't even have a remote clue about car repairs could look at that list and instantly know they're being jerked around...$265 for a car battery WTF is this shit???

Ya I kinda figured that. That's what GOFC said. That why it went back to them from Glenmore Audi.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Ya I kinda figured that. That's what GOFC said. That why it went back to them from Glenmore Audi.

Then they screwed the car by faulty installation of a cam seal, which lead to 9000 in turbo work. Now the transmissions out of it.

Jeremiah
04-30-2011, 10:00 AM
A legitimate audi s4 battery is $265... Aftermarket may be less
But it's not like they took you for a ride for the cost of the battery.

Xtrema
04-30-2011, 10:16 AM

:facepalm:

You go to a dealer, you will get quoted MSRP and get raped on labour cost.

Did Glenmore Audi upsale you stuff you don't need? Probably. But the pricing isn't that far out of wack for dealer work.

And stop acting big. A team of counsel for a $12K car? That's retarded. If you can afford a team of counsels @ $300/hr each, why are you stuck with a decade old $12K car in the first place?

As much as we all hate GOFC, just admit you are a noob who got taught a lesson.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

:facepalm:

You go to a dealer, you will get quoted MSRP and get raped on labour cost.

Did Glenmore Audi upsale you stuff you don't need? Probably. But the pricing isn't that far out of wack for dealer work.

And stop acting big. A team of counsel for a $12K car? That's retarded. If you can afford a team of counsels @ $300/hr each, why are you stuck with a decade old $12K car in the first place?

As much as we all hate GOFC, just admit you are a noob who got taught a lesson.

The team of lawyers is for the dodge story... Bein sued for 250k. Not the 12k car man. The 12k car was a gift for my gf as a first car. Not my first car!

Xtrema
04-30-2011, 10:35 AM

The team of lawyers is for the dodge story... Bein sued for 250k. Not the 12k car man. The 12k car was a gift for my gf as a first car. Not my first car!

I see, I skipped over that post. Good luck with that.

J-hop
04-30-2011, 10:47 AM

Because Williams Chrysler doesn't scare me in the absolute least. Let them sue me. Let Gallery sue me too! I am 100% confident in BOTH cases. Multiple lawyers have agreed with me. The fb page was actually set up on the advice of a British Columbia judge! (not a lie at all). Williams is trying to intimidate me with big numbers, for which they failed. If I'm scared of Williams and their death threats, I am certainly not gonna be deterred by a small time used dealer in Calgary.

And as for slowing down... It took me two years to plan out my Williams strategy. When the problem was happening, I wanted to drive the truck through the dealership window and let them keep it. Cooler heads prevailed, and I waited about 20 months to launch my campaign. Basically taking what I've learned from my dodge fiasco and using to my advantage for the Audi situation.

And if Gallery had maintained the attitude that it was sold as is, and I was S.O.L., they wouldnt be in this situation. Instead they tried, illegally at that, to make me happy. That failed too.

2 years man?? isn't this just getting tiresome? It doesn't really matter whether you are scared of them or not, the costs you are going to incur and the missed wages and stress from having to deal with this all the time is going to take its toll.

At what point do you cut your loses and just walk away. Whether you walk away or push the issue, neither side is winning.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I see, I skipped over that post. Good luck with that.

And I'm not 100% sure what a noob is. But I'm guessing, sucker, gullible, uninformed? Yup I'm a noob then! Doesn't change the fact of what Gallery of fine cars did was illegal.

Bileric
04-30-2011, 11:07 AM

2 years man?? isn't this just getting tiresome? It doesn't really matter whether you are scared of them or not, the costs you are going to incur and the missed wages and stress from having to deal with this all the time is going to take its toll.

At what point do you cut your loses and just walk away. Whether you walk away or push the issue, neither side is winning.

No the tiresome part is paying crooked car dealers thousands of dollars for nothing but future headache and future expense! I'm taking on a million dollar giant up here in Williams Chrysler. If I would have launched when the problem was going on, it would have been bad for me. I've had the time to get priceless advice, as well as strengthen my case(s) even further.

JAYMEZ
04-30-2011, 11:39 AM
LOL im not going to even read this thread.. But I am not suprised at all LOL! Shady mofos.. I see them out All the time.

MK1GTI
04-30-2011, 11:41 AM
It's probably worth mentioning that turbos and torque converters are quite common issues with B5 S4's, the turbos in particular are an expensive problem because it requires removal of the engine to change them.

If you're looking for good technical advice I would suggest you visit www.eurodrivers.ca , there is a lot of very knowledgeable B5 S4 owners there who may be able to help you with the mechanical issues the car is having.

Guillermo
04-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Bileric, I do sympathetic with you, not because you were screwed over by GOFC, but because you seem quite ignorant about the whole situation (and i don't mean that as an insult). You've now spent almost $25k on a car that is worth about $5k in its current condition - and that's a REALLY shitty situation man. I understand why you're upset. However, you should understand that all of the expenses involved here are really your own fault, and you should have done far more research at every single step of this story - from buying the car in the first place, to each and every time you had it in for repairs. From what I can tell, GOFC did a pretty decent job in dealing with you, and even added in the cost of a $4k warranty. IMO, they do seem to be looking out for your best interest here, and it seems you're being a bit unfair in dragging their name through the mud.

Also, keep in mind that beyond is a forum for car enthusiasts. it's very easy for them to see where you went wrong in this situation, and that's why you're getting such a negative response here.

good luck to you. at this point, you really need to consider if you want to invest another $7k in this car, or just sell it and buy something more reliable. :dunno:

after all you've spent, you could've almost bought her a brand new Hyundai Genesis LOL.

tentacles
04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
In 2010 a 2000 S4 with every single piece of the drivetrain replaced with new parts is worth about $5k wholesale $7k retail, and I still wouldn't buy it for $5k.

I think its because in the last 2 years or so Audi has put out some good looking cars that sold pretty well compared to the old days, young guys forget, or never knew, what horrible junk they were back in the day when they were being sued by class actions left and right and almost got run out of the NA market.

Look at all the engine and trans problems people are having with *brand new, still under warranty* VAG cars today, now imagine a 10 year old model that was much LESS reliable when new. :nut:

Bileric
04-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
Bileric, I do sympathetic with you, not because you were screwed over by GOFC, but because you seem quite ignorant about the whole situation (and i don't mean that as an insult). You've now spent almost $25k on a car that is worth about $5k in its current condition - and that's a REALLY shitty situation man. I understand why you're upset. However, you should understand that all of the expenses involved here are really your own fault, and you should have done far more research at every single step of this story - from buying the car in the first place, to each and every time you had it in for repairs. From what I can tell, GOFC did a pretty decent job in dealing with you, and even added in the cost of a $4k warranty. IMO, they do seem to be looking out for your best interest here, and it seems you're being a bit unfair in dragging their name through the mud.

Also, keep in mind that beyond is a forum for car enthusiasts. it's very easy for them to see where you went wrong in this situation, and that's why you're getting such a negative response here.

good luck to you. at this point, you really need to consider if you want to invest another $7k in this car, or just sell it and buy something more reliable. :dunno:

after all you've spent, you could've almost bought her a brand new Hyundai Genesis LOL.

I fail to see how, other than not getting it inspected in the first place. The first two breakdowns I got a shopping list from 2 different Audi dealers. If the problem stoppe there it would have been fine with me, as I posted earlier. How is it my fault that GOFC installe a cam seal incorrectly, leading to 9000 turbo work? How is it my fault that after being in the shop already four times in three months, that now the transmission goes? I instructed glenmore Audi to tell me everything the car needed. Turbos and transmission weren't on the list! If I had gotten the car inspected prior to buying it, I would have had a $10,000 quote, and wouldn't have bought it. Instead I handcuffed myself into having to pay that. Then GOFC shotty work led to more expense. Then another coincidence with the tranny. When the $9000 quote arrived, GOFC obtained a fraudulent warranty. I know about this now and if I tried putting another claim against it, I could be held accountable for criminal charges. I talked to managers at lubrico an global, and they said absolutely in no way are dealers allowed to obtain a warranty, two months after the car has been sold. Especially with all the information filled out incorrectly, and have te applicants signature forged. So now I don't have a warranty because I told global what I knew. Thanks GOFC. I didt even own the car when you bought me this warranty! Dont ya think if i knew about anything i would put the warranty in my gf name because she owned the car? Global assure me they are pursuing fraud charges, through AMVIC I believe but not 100%.

Are you saying I should have known a 13k car would lead to 35k plus? Every car in the autotrader, which is where I found it, is a lemon? Every single person that buys a 13k car should expect this? Their website looked professional as anybody's, and they said it was inspected. Autotrader would e out of business if every car broke like this one. Nobody would ever buy a used car again if stories like this were everywhere.

tentacles
04-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh my bad, on Beyond it's actually worth $34k.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/26099/fs-2001-audi-s4-nogaro-blue-sold/

So it looks like you're still ahead.

kaput
04-30-2011, 01:30 PM

tictactoe2004
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM

I fail to see how, other than not getting it inspected in the first place. The first two breakdowns I got a shopping list from 2 different Audi dealers. If the problem stoppe there it would have been fine with me, as I posted earlier. How is it my fault that GOFC installe a cam seal incorrectly, leading to 9000 turbo work? How is it my fault that after being in the shop already four times in three months, that now the transmission goes? I instructed glenmore Audi to tell me everything the car needed. Turbos and transmission weren't on the list! If I had gotten the car inspected prior to buying it, I would have had a $10,000 quote, and wouldn't have bought it. Instead I handcuffed myself into having to pay that. Then GOFC shotty work led to more expense. Then another coincidence with the tranny. When the $9000 quote arrived, GOFC obtained a fraudulent warranty. I know about this now and if I tried putting another claim against it, I could be held accountable for criminal charges. I talked to managers at lubrico an global, and they said absolutely in no way are dealers allowed to obtain a warranty, two months after the car has been sold. Especially with all the information filled out incorrectly, and have te applicants signature forged. So now I don't have a warranty because I told global what I knew. Thanks GOFC. I didt even own the car when you bought me this warranty! Dont ya think if i knew about anything i would put the warranty in my gf name because she owned the car? Global assure me they are pursuing fraud charges, through AMVIC I believe but not 100%.

Are you saying I should have known a 13k car would lead to 35k plus? Every car in the autotrader, which is where I found it, is a lemon? Every single person that buys a 13k car should expect this? Their website looked professional as anybody's, and they said it was inspected. Autotrader would e out of business if every car broke like this one. Nobody would ever buy a used car again if stories like this were everywhere.

Again, I don't want to insult you but he is 100% correct. The more you post the easier it is to see how you got yourself into this situation and why it will most likely happen to you again. I just don't see how you'll be able to recover any of the money and I think the only thing you might stand a chance at doing is having that warranty company dump them as a customer which doesn't help you out at all...

Reading your posts reminds me of a friend who has ADHD and always makes these poor quick decisions that end up costing him a fortune and end up in court. He is very passionate about his views just like you but every time something like this happens the only one that ends up getting screwed further is him. I've watched him make similar mistakes over and over since we met when we were teenagers, it's nice to see now that we're in our 30's he's finally starting to "get it".

CUG
04-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Not looking for sympathy, as you put it. Just maybe some advice, and if not that, just spread the word even more bout these clowns.

I've got my case for court and really don't NEED much else. I posted here because of Gallery trying to sue this website a couple years back, that's the only reason I'm here!

Whether or not you want sympathy, you have mine. All used car dealership's vehicles should maintain a minimum standard of mechanical soundness. This same thing happened to a friend of mine, but with Excell or whatever they're called. His bill was a meager $2000 compared to yours, but frankly, it's not a repair ANYONE should have to incur mere moments after purchasing a car from a business. If you bought it privately, I'd tell you you're wasting your time.

You bought a vehicle from a business and were sold an expected level of reliability that was not there. You were lied to, and a company hiding behind your lack of a warranty, to me, is just poor distrustful practice.

J-hop
04-30-2011, 02:04 PM

No the tiresome part is paying crooked car dealers thousands of dollars for nothing but future headache and future expense! I'm taking on a million dollar giant up here in Williams Chrysler. If I would have launched when the problem was going on, it would have been bad for me. I've had the time to get priceless advice, as well as strengthen my case(s) even further.

this is what I would worry about, you are taking on a "million dollar giant" with million dollar lawyers and you are complaining about wasting 25k on a car?? I personally don't think chrysler has anything to worry about here. I know it sounds bad but for someone with obviously limited funds to try to take on a corporation like chrysler is a very ballsy move. Expensive lawyers are expensive for a reason, some 1-800 rent-a-lawyer isn't going to cut it on this one.

my advice, take down the fb page, defend yourself against the 1/4 million dollar lawsuit against you. Rid yourself of any connection to chyrsler. Go on eurodrivers, part out your s4. Take the money you would have spent on a lawyer suing GOFC and buy a brand new kia/hyundai with a good warranty and get on with your life.

I would also suggest that you never buy a used vehicle from a private seller purely for the safety of the potential seller in case the car they sell you breaks down.

zipdoa
04-30-2011, 02:07 PM
And this is why I'm glad I did a shitload of research and skipped out on a B5 S4.

roll_over
04-30-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.galleryauto.ca/car_images/1068/Picture%20129.jpg

Bileric
04-30-2011, 02:45 PM

this is what I would worry about, you are taking on a "million dollar giant" with million dollar lawyers and you are complaining about wasting 25k on a car?? I personally don't think chrysler has anything to worry about here. I know it sounds bad but for someone with obviously limited funds to try to take on a corporation like chrysler is a very ballsy move. Expensive lawyers are expensive for a reason, some 1-800 rent-a-lawyer isn't going to cut it on this one.

Chrysler Canada themselves are the ones who told me my fight is with the dealer, Williams Chrysler.

And the fb page? Not going to be coming down anytime soon. I appreciate your opinion, honestly. The reaction Ive gotten here has made me think from a whole other side of things. But in the end, I am totally willing to take the chance.

You probably havent read through all of the invoices I have posted on the page. Williams Chrysler really did cause that Cummins motor to fail. I have every receipt from them for every oil change. Air filters were always changed, by them, or so their invoices say. When the motor blew, there was extreme signs of wear on the piston walls themselves. Williams gave me back my truck multiple times with oil leaks and fuel leaks, and the last time I got it back, they closed the work order, gave the truck back to me with a timing cap seal ordered, not replaced. I suppose that is my fault too? I trusted Williams Chrysler to fix my Chrysler vehicle and I lost big time $$. The fb page is to warn other people about the financial dangers of getting your vehicle serviced there. This is because Chrysler Canada belives, and I have in writing, that my maintenance was not done. Even though I have EVERY receipt. One BC judge was floored by the story and her words were, "you need to get this story to the media!" All media outlets wouldnt run the story, so I started my own campaign.

The letter from Williams lawyer states that the entire reason I experienced issues with my truck is this.

" After the Plantiff purchased the truck, the Plantiff installed or had a third party install an after market air filter assembly. The defendant did not install the after market air filter assembly on the Plaintiff's truck."

and

"Based on the defendants service records, the Plaintiff installed the aftermarket air filter assembly on the truck sometime in 2007 or early 2008."

Thats all fine n dandy, but I NEVER HAD AN AFTER MARKET AIR FILTER ASSEMBLY! This can be proven by my receipts I have. Look up the part number of any air filter put into my truck. All go into stock dodge air filter assemblies, not k&n or airraid, and WERE installed by Williams Chrysler. The last air filter change was only 1500 km before the engine blowing up!!

Bileric
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by roll_over
http://www.galleryauto.ca/car_images/1068/Picture%20129.jpg

Do you have a copy of the original ad? Thats the car BTW

kvg
04-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Is this your first post, because most people on here already know not to do business there. I do feel bad for you, and I hope you can recoup some of your costs. Life lesson, do your homework when buying a used car.:dunno:
Good Luck

Bileric
04-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kvg
Is this your first post, because most people on here already know not to do business there. I do feel bad for you, and I hope you can recoup some of your costs. Life lesson, do your homework when buying a used car.:dunno:
Good Luck

Yes its my first post. I found this site on google, when I lost GOFC phone number in Calgary on the side of the highway moments after the second breakdown. Waiting for a towtruck I read all about them. Salt in the wound. What a crooked industry man. If I ran my company like theirs, I wouldnt have one. Guess there is a steady flow of dumbasses like myself who dont do research on businesses first. One move like that would be corporate suicide up here in the construction industry!

BensonTT
04-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Bileric, You should tell them to give you a fake pair of True Religion jeans and call it even.. lol

bituerbo
04-30-2011, 04:59 PM
The first thing you need to do is get an accurate understanding of the current situation.

I can recommend George at TuneDub who will be able to tell you what is wrong with the car. He is a 2.7T GOD. He's worked miracles on my 2.7T and I cannot recommend him highly enough for your specific vehicle.

These cars can be lemons, and it sounds like you picked a bad one. They do require more stringent maintenance schedules (regularly inspecting common problem areas to identify issues early on).

Sorry for your luck OP.

Ukyo8
04-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Wait so you're 28 and your gf is 16-17 ? :rofl:

Canucks3322
04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Gotta feel a little sorry for the OP even though he wouldn't be in this situation if he did even A BIT of due diligence...even just a quick google search of the dealership would've yielded the previous beyond threads on this dealership. Hell, even googling Audi relibility and 2000 would've steered you clear...and thinking any vehicle "under 200,000km" should be fine? Wow, you're 28 already too? Man, I don't know what to say...

Let this be a lesson to anybody on here who is considering buying a used car from these lots (ANY used car lot in this city that does not have a NEW car dealership attached to it is suspect...)...they get ALL their cars from auctions or they are REJECTS from the New Car dealership's lots (ie, when someone trades in a vehicle for a new car, the used car sales manager at the new car dealership's lot decides whether the used car traded in is up to their standards to sell on their lot, so if it is a fucked up car, or has high mileage, or is too old or has a bad history, they sell it to these use car lots in the city such as Galllery of Fine Cars or they sell it to an auction house who in turn sells it to the used car dealerships, the important thing is that these cars have all been REJECTED...)....there is a reason why the cars on those lots are CHEAP, you are NOT "getting a good deal", they are cheap because the car is not in good condition, plain and simple....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! remember that, it applies to a lot of things in life....not only that, some of these dealerships are just fronts for money laundering and other illegal activities, the salesmen and managers you are dealing with there aren't exactly the most upstanding citizens and as such shouldn't be trusted (the latest dead body found in Calgary was a salesman at Horton Auto and Police say he was a big name in the city's "drug culture", whatever that means)...

Anyways, I wish the OP good luck, I just got thru helping my gf get out of her POS Pontiac Pursuit that she bought from a used car lot, the car was a lemon, but now she drives a brand new Accent though she got killed on the trade in value and owes the difference on the loan, but worth it to get out of that stress...STAY AWAY FROM USED CAR LOTS.

Modelexis
04-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Who buys their gf a 12k$ car?
buy her a bus ticket and a new frying pan.
:nut:

Scat E46
04-30-2011, 07:25 PM
LOL

MK1GTI
04-30-2011, 07:35 PM
On October 13 2010 I contacted THE GALLERY OF FINE CARS in Calgary, Alberta. I placed a deposit on the above vehicle, a yellow 2000 Audi s4. On November 5th the vehicle was picked up by my father, and the balance paid in full.

Did you physically see the car before making the purchase?

Tik-Tok
04-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Did I miss the part of the story that somehow involved insurance fraud? :dunno: And you're complaining that they bought you a warranty and forged your signature to do so? :confused:

Wish the dealership I bought my Audi through bought me a warranty.

A790
04-30-2011, 10:30 PM
None of this makes sense on any level.

What exactly do you plan to sue GOFC for?

g-m
04-30-2011, 10:41 PM
theres a reason I do my own work

Isaiah
04-30-2011, 10:52 PM
What's the current status of the car right now? Are you getting it repaired?

bignerd
04-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Sounds like to me the GOFC back dated the warranty application and forged a signature and dates to get half of your initial repair bill covered-makes them look good and only cost them the price of the warranty. Is it fraud? Yes. Did it help you out to the tune of 4 thousand dollars?? Yes. Does it seem shitty to try and sue them for forging this document that only helped you in the end (although I am sure it saved them a lot of $$$$ as well)?? yes.

89s1
05-01-2011, 12:02 AM

I did not do any homework at all. I admit that. Doesn't mean I deserve what happened. Maybe the first bill or two but bot upwards of 35 k for a used car, that was "inspected" by an ex Audi mechanic?!

You actually still believe that ex-audi mechanic line they fed you?

Doing no research on a used car purchase is pretty stupid, and IMHO I really do think you deserve what happened.

The more of your posts I read the closer I picture your knuckles to the ground.

ugotahondaeh?
05-01-2011, 01:10 AM
I feel bad for the OP and I think he's doing nothing wrong for sticking up for what he feel is right.

I had a friend who was a single mother of three take on one of the big three. Without a lawyer. She didn't have the money to hire one so she took them to court on her own. I believe it was Chrysler and the car was a 300M. She had transmission issues with the car and when it went for a third time within two years of ownership. She got fed up and took the dealership to court to force them to buy the car back. In the end, the dealership bought the car back and all payments she was making on the car was reimbursed.

Not everyone wins against the big bad wolf but not everyone loses also. Good luck with your cases.

cream
05-01-2011, 01:55 AM
must be some girl... just let her deal with it :thumbsup:
you DID spend 12K on her

Bileric
05-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

Wait so you're 28 and your gf is 16-17 ? :rofl:

I'm working so I'll respond to all the posts later today. But this one I'll do now.

My gf is not 16-17 buddy. I said her first car. My mother didn't buy a car for herself till after I graduated. Nowhere did I say "after she passed her learners exam, we went to GOFC.".

And as for the frying pan comment... Bet your still single?

Kevin1205
05-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I have some over paranoid customers before, and you just sound like them.... don't know nothing, but also don't trust anyone.....

BTW, what kind of poll/vote is that? It's just too gay, what you gonna do with that? The three options sounds stupid too.

BTW, a normal guy can get laid without paying anything. Spend grands on a girlfriend is just not right, unless you are super rich or you are super nice guy type. My wife wouldn't even appreciate me if I buy her a brand new Audi S4 as a surprising gift. I can afford it, but doing it without her permission?

Bileric
05-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Kevin1205
I have some over paranoid customers before, and you just sound like them.... don't know nothing, but also don't trust anyone.....

BTW, what kind of poll/vote is that? It's just too gay, what you gonna do with that? The three options sounds stupid too.

BTW, a normal guy can get laid without paying anything. Spend grands on a girlfriend is just not right, unless you are super rich or you are super nice guy type. My wife wouldn't even appreciate me if I buy her a brand new Audi S4 as a surprising gift. I can afford it, but doing it without her permission?

Buying it to get laid! LOL!! It was just a gift for my girlfriend who I've been with for over 2 years. Our 2 year 'anniversary' was in the same week. I had a decent payout on a big job and I bought her a car. It was 13k. Not 50+ for a new one.

Bileric
05-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 89s1

You actually still believe that ex-audi mechanic line they fed you?

Doing no research on a used car purchase is pretty stupid, and IMHO I really do think you deserve what happened.

The more of your posts I read the closer I picture your knuckles to the ground.

Yes I still believe firmly that he was an EX Audi guy. Probably a very good reason he no longer is employed by an Audi dealer. No guy would leave a job with a certified Audi dealer to work at GOFC, in my opinion. It sounded good at the time though. Didn't think of it like I am now.

Bileric
05-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
What's the current status of the car right now? Are you getting it repaired?

The car is at southgate Audi in Edmonton. With a quote of $10000. Their service staff said basically the car is beyond repair, but one guy expressed intrest in buying it cheap. I really don't know if I should trust them either honestly. I think the next move wil be to bring it to the place recommended earlier in this page?

Modelexis
05-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I got 99 problems, but buying a bitch presents ain't one. :D

The_Rural_Juror
05-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I was going to recommend Georges also but didn't because the OP sounds like a bad customer.

RickDaTuner
05-01-2011, 10:52 AM

The car is at southgate Audi in Edmonton. With a quote of $10000. Their service staff said basically the car is beyond repair, but one guy expressed intrest in buying it cheap. I really don't know if I should trust them either honestly. I think the next move wil be to bring it to the place recommended earlier in this page?

this is common in most repair shops, as all the mechanic buying it will do is throw in a new-used engine and transmission, then sell it for profit.

something that you should also consider for this car.

Bileric
05-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
I was going to recommend Georges also but didn't because the OP sounds like a bad customer.

Bad customer? All I want is my car fixed people. I've spent thousands and thousands trying to do this. Unreal.

googe
05-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Surprised the OP is getting so much hate. I don't know where this mentality of "if I can successfully lie to you, it is your own fault" comes from.

Just because there are ways he could have avoided it, does not mean he deserves to be sold a lemon. I see business ethics and integrity are foreign concepts around here.

Even though most people are pushovers, it is good to see some people stand up to BS. This kind of thing is beneficial to all consumers.

When girls get raped, do you guys blame them and say they were asking for it because of how they dressed?

Guillermo
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by googe
Just because there are ways he could have avoided it, does not mean he deserves to be sold a lemon. I see business ethics and integrity are foreign concepts around here.

according to this logic, you would literally have to close each and every used car lot in the city. as someone mentioned above, there is a reason such cars are being sold for low prices on shady lots.

Modelexis
05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
When girls get raped, do you guys blame them and say they were asking for it because of how they dressed?

The proper analogy would be to have warehouses all over the city that are notorious for raping girls and for a girl to get dressed up slutty and go by herself to a warehouse that fits this description, and not check out the place or ask people before going there.

Then going and getting raped.

Yes, this would be asking for it.

In the same way, if you park your car in forest lawn with the doors unlocked and a 20 spot on the dash, yes you are asking to have your shit stolen.

bastardchild
05-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Worst analogy ever.

J-hop
05-01-2011, 04:32 PM

hey man if she sets the table can't blame a guy for eating from it :D

Bileric
05-01-2011, 05:58 PM

So let's work out the ideal situation for me. Hind sight is 20/20 afterall.

I see the car I want in the autotrader. I get it towed to glenmore Audi where they give me a list of stuff the car needs. This list is close to 10k. I call Gallery and tell them I am no longer interested. They then tell me for half price they will tale care of everything on the list. So now I can purchase the car for $18k, not 13k. But fo 18k, a shopping list from a certified dealer Has been taken care of. Then 750km after receiving the car back, faulty cam seal installation still causes $9000 in turbo work. Then through nothing but coincidence another 10k tranny problem occurs. If I had done my homework like all the haters are confirming that I should have. I STILL would be another 19k into an 18k fully "inspected" car? Would this still be my fault?

And when GOFC purchased my fraudulent warranty, maybe consult with me? I would have gotten the top dog max allowed warranty as I had already found out twice, Audis are expensive as hell to repair. If I knew you could buy a warranty on a LEMON vehicle, two months, and $5500 in repairs, AFTER the original sale date? $4000 per claim? How about all inclusive? I would have paid handsomely. Why wouldnt try consult with me on this warranty, if what they were doing was ok?

And for a bunch of car "enthusiasts", you should ask yourself this. If this had happened to you, or your daughter, or elderly mother, would you be enthused?

R-Audi
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
In 2010 a 2000 S4 with every single piece of the drivetrain replaced with new parts is worth about $5k wholesale $7k retail, and I still wouldn't buy it for $5k.

I think its because in the last 2 years or so Audi has put out some good looking cars that sold pretty well compared to the old days, young guys forget, or never knew, what horrible junk they were back in the day when they were being sued by class actions left and right and almost got run out of the NA market.

Look at all the engine and trans problems people are having with *brand new, still under warranty* VAG cars today, now imagine a 10 year old model that was much LESS reliable when new. :nut:

You are really showing how little you know... and make yourself look foolish doing so.

All those rumors (because thats what they were) about faulty acceleration that nearly sunk Audi in N/A were all proven false. It was human error and people (much like yourself) jumping to conclusions.

I'll admit Im a little bias since Im on my 4th B5 Audi (Two A4's and on my second S4) but I havent had any major issues with any of them. Sure the maintenance can ad up quickly, but as long as you keep up with everything they are great cars. That being said there is no chance in hell Id buy one from a used lot that isn't an Audi dealer..

Oddly enough most of the cars issues sound unrelated, although I will say with them happening so far apart Im surprised the dealer has helped you out at all.
Im guessing they bought the warranty for them, (assuming it had issues) and then simply transferred it to you when you came back.

Oh, and for the 5k price.. there are still MANY cars that have everything replaced that sell in the high teens, all over Canada and the US. You just have to replace the parts with the proper upgrades and the car turns into a monster.

derpderp
05-01-2011, 07:25 PM
lol googe stirred up the pot in here.

Bileric
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Not sure if anybody could pull this off. Probably not, but heres a thought.

I dare any of you "enthusiasts" (you know who you are) to call 10, or 15, 50 different used car dealers from anywhere. BC, AB, California..... Pick a vehicle on their respective lots that is worth 11-14k. Then when the vehicle sells, warranty or no damn warranty, have some kind of way of getting hold of the buyer in exactally two months time. If ANY of those vehicles require over 30K in repairs, over 4 different visits, I will personally deliver a hand written apology to the infamous GOFC. ;)

Then by some chance of this happening, ask the owner how he or she would feel about a $4000 max warranty being applied on an $8800 bill. Then another 10K. But wait! They cant claim the $4000 on the second one because they now know it would be illegal. Actually, why not! Ask them to become an accessory to insurance fraud, by continuing to put claims against a known fraudulent warranty!!

If the warranty actually existed when the car was purchased, then global would owe the said person the $2400 for the first bill, and as well the $3000 cash he/she paid for the second repair. BUT... If the person tried to claim any previous repairs, this would be fraud :(

Im sure they will just shut up and accept $4000 off of $25 k in repairs for their $13k purchase, as well as promoting insurance fraud. I promise you they will tell all their friends of this wonderful dealership. And then when they got screwed over, send them to talk to a bunch of "car enthusiasts" on a certain website.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Bileric
05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
And thanks to the few who have been supportive. :thumbsup:

Bileric
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

You are really showing how little you know... and make yourself look foolish doing so.

All those rumors (because thats what they were) about faulty acceleration that nearly sunk Audi in N/A were all proven false. It was human error and people (much like yourself) jumping to conclusions.

I'll admit Im a little bias since Im on my 4th B5 Audi (Two A4's and on my second S4) but I havent had any major issues with any of them. Sure the maintenance can ad up quickly, but as long as you keep up with everything they are great cars. That being said there is no chance in hell Id buy one from a used lot that isn't an Audi dealer..

Oddly enough most of the cars issues sound unrelated, although I will say with them happening so far apart Im surprised the dealer has helped you out at all.
Im guessing they bought the warranty for them, (assuming it had issues) and then simply transferred it to you when you came back.

Oh, and for the 5k price.. there are still MANY cars that have everything replaced that sell in the high teens, all over Canada and the US. You just have to replace the parts with the proper upgrades and the car turns into a monster.

The warranty was put directly into MY name, about the beginning of December (when the car was in my gf name). My bill of sale says "extended warranty explained and declined." I have the owner on record from two weeks ago, telling me that dealerships are ALLOWED to buy warranties on lemon cars, two months after they're sold. I have confirmed with reps at Global Warranty, Lubrico, and 12 other random dealerships, new and used, across Canada, that GOFC's activities were illegal, and are in no way allowed. In almost every case, the reps who knew of it, said that AMVIC should have a hayday with this. Global warranty, who are the ones who have been frauded by GOFC, said they will be contacting AMVIC as well. Anybody who doesnt believe me, Global's phone number is 1-519-963-1373. Contact in house is RICH. My RCMP buddy also comfirms the forgery. 100% illegal, and therefore prosecutable!

Thanks for your opinion too! Just a quick question. IF i end up putting in a new tranny, would this include the torque converter? I heard from an earlier post that the TC can be troublesome. Would it be proactive to replace that as well, when the trans comes out? Or would the problem be rectified with a dealer R&R of the transmission?

Thanks again.

Bileric
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM

hey man if she sets the table can't blame a guy for eating from it :D

Is this another one of you "enthusiasts"?!?! :thumbsdow

And somebody back a page or so had the stones to call me an ape... Some peoples children :dunno:

Bileric
05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

In the same way, if you park your car in forest lawn with the doors unlocked and a 20 spot on the dash, yes you are asking to have your shit stolen.

And a judge would rule its still illegal to steal it, even though its so close you can taste it! :D