PDA

View Full Version : Where to get best deal on motorcycle gear?

Hi-Psi
04-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to the motorcycle world and in the process of taking a course and getting my bike license and as such have started the search for gear.

Where do you guys usually buy your gear? I know you'll usually get the best deal on things when you buy online, do people so this with their motorcycle gear or do most just buy in town?

What are some good shops online and in town for getting gear?

Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jason

RC-Cola
04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
To start with there is a thread about three below this one that speaks to this subject, search is your friend...

I tried a bunch of stuff on locally, especially with helmets, try them ALL on, they all fit a little different and work differently as your head shape is unique.

Then I bought everything through Revzilla (http://www.revzilla.com), they have excellent video and reviews online. Prices are pretty good and the shipping isn't too crazy. In the end I believe I paid about 1/3rd of what I would have locally.

Hi-Psi
05-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Sorry but I tried searching and nothing came up, the search function on this site is really lacking sometimes as it seems to miss a lot of threads.

Anyways, thanks for the info, I'll have to check them out!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

BrknFngrs
05-01-2011, 09:57 AM
I'd really recommend buying gear, especially jackets/gloves, off of Kijiji (helmets, not so much).

It blows my mind how often "new with tags" or very close to new gear goes up for sale at unbelievably good prices. I was able to find my Dainese jacket and a moto guzzi jacket for my girlfriend (both leather) for less than we would have paid for a textile jacket in any of the local stores.

MrSector9
05-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
I'd really recommend buying gear, especially jackets/gloves, off of Kijiji (helmets, not so much).

It blows my mind how often "new with tags" or very close to new gear goes up for sale at unbelievably good prices. I was able to find my Dainese jacket and a moto guzzi jacket for my girlfriend (both leather) for less than we would have paid for a textile jacket in any of the local stores.

agreed.

All I can say is if you are going to be a toolbag that goes to a local dealer just to try stuff on and use resources with absolutely no intention of buying anything from them, slip them $20 or at least buy something cheap.

My choice is Bowcycle, at the same time you have to check everywhere since everyone at any given time has things on sale and you might find something you really like.

revelations
05-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

:werd:

I found a brand new First Gear jacket for something like 40% off the price tag (which was still attached).

Jsen-DC2
05-01-2011, 10:50 AM
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca

just ordered a bunch of stuff off of here, took about 5days to receive in the mail. Its also free shipping too. Pretty good IMO :dunno:

Ven
05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
www.ridersdiscount.com

Pretty much got all my gear there, and the womans' too. Significantly less than local and they ship for free. Quite happy with the service too.

EthanLee
10-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Graham_A_M
10-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Www.newenough.com

littledan
10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
i bought almost all of my gear from riders discount. if you email the sales contact, and state that you are a member of a forum such as cbr forums etc, i know they give super sick deals. i was able to get discounts of over 50% off retail without even haggling.

RedlineMS
10-20-2012, 08:47 AM
If you are buying local I like GW Cycle for jackets and pants. They have a ton of selection and the owner of GW is a smart buyer and has the resources to buy builk deals so their pricing and selection for coats and pants are probably the best in the city. If ya have to buy on line, I like Sportbiketrackgear.com. They are solid and if you are not trying to dupe them, they will bend over backwords to make you happy.

speedog
10-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by RedlineMS
If you are buying local I like us (Redline) for boots, gloves and helmets, lol ;). For coats and pants I like GW Cycle. They have a ton of stuff and the owner of GW is a smart buyer and has the resources to buy builk deals so their pricing and selection for coats and pants are probably the best in the city. If ya have to buy on line, I like Sportbiketrackgear.com. They are solid and if you are not trying to dupe them, they will bend over backwords to make you happy.
Just a quick question, seeing as the company you're associated with doesn't appear to be an official Beyond Sponsor (link (http://forums.beyond.ca/banners/banner.asp?show=all)), can one can assume that you've gotten some special permission to do some self promotion in these forums?

RedlineMS
10-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I may have overstepped. I was just answering a question and was not trying to self promote. I'll edit my post

theken
10-20-2012, 09:02 PM
I got a almost new helmet for sale. If your interested in an icon seventh seal