PDA

View Full Version : I guess old people aren't so bad!!

LUDELVR
01-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Well, after today, I don't think old people are that bad anymore!! haha, My previous notions of wanting to push them down a flight of steps has since today dissipated. As I was at the car wash today, I was spraying down my engine when this older gentleman comes up to me and starts asking about the displacement of my engine and what not. I tell him and he asks if I have nitros, and I'm like...no, but I am putting my turbo back in. So we chat for a bit and then he tells me that his truck is supercharged. And I'm thinking shut the fuck up, so I look over and his sonoma looks pretty good and he lifts up the hood and sure enough, he has a powerdyne super charger!! haha, He tells me that he's 65 and looking to just have fun cuz he's always wanted to have a street rod. The truck was in the WOW of last year. He's boosting 4 psi and the truck looks pretty clean. I told him about our meets and in the summer he said he might show up!! so if you see an old guy walking around looking at your cars, he's not a lost crazy old dude!! hahaha

And I told him to check out the website, but who am I kidding, some things will never change...old people and computers don't mix...he said so himself!! :rofl:

Oh yah, and he mentioned the meets at willy's on macleod, and I said that they prolly make fun of all these imports and what not and I will say right here and now...it has been verified!!!!:rofl:

max_boost
01-15-2004, 12:46 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DJ Lazy
01-15-2004, 12:56 PM
:thumbsup:
See... the generations of today can mix with the generations of that past... :rofl:

1badPT
01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Does it surprise you that old people love cars as much as we do? Or is it the mods? Car tuning isn't a new phenomenon, its just "popular" right now. As far back as the 20's car mods have been popular and cars in general have always had a huge following regardless of age.

I think someone posted a while back that he got his ass handed to him by a grandpa driving a Caddy DeVille. Its a nice luxury car, but its also got some nuts under the hood. Its a popular car for the older crowd because it satisfies their need for luxury, but when when needed, it can bury most cars on the road. :guns: :whipped:

Loose
01-15-2004, 02:11 PM
My 60+ cousin just put the Works kit on his Cooper S.

I think he uses it to pick up younger women! (40-ish):thumbsup:

James
01-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
haha, My previous notions of wanting to push them down a flight of steps has since today dissipated.

But, that would still be be funny as fuck! :rofl: j/k

Seanith
01-15-2004, 02:59 PM
I think he was talking about the whole aftermarket tuning aspect. You don't expect to see too many grandpas getting superchargers installed on their cars :P
BTW the next time you see him leo tell him to stop being a puss and up the boost! :burnout:

LUDELVR
01-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
I think he was talking about the whole aftermarket tuning aspect. You don't expect to see too many grandpas getting superchargers installed on their cars :P
BTW the next time you see him leo tell him to stop being a puss and up the boost! :burnout:

haha, I told him that and he said that he would talk to davenport since they installed that supercharger!! But I was baffled when he told me how much he spent on the kit!!! :nut: And it was also funny cuz we were talking about those kids that do burnouts in the parkade and stuff and he's like "fucking retards!" hahaha

I bet he's the coolest gramps in the geriatric ward!!:thumbsup:

ninspeed
01-15-2004, 07:38 PM
now the biggest question leo.... how was his sugar momma?