PDA

View Full Version : megan coilovers + end links?

e.widling
05-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi, I had the front end links replaced on my 92' T last week and the shop installed brand new Toyota end links for $600. A week later they're bent to shit and the sway bar is hitting the chassis every time I go over a bump. After reading up on it I see that my Megan coilovers are unconventional when it comes to end links. So I read a thread saying to instal stock length end links backwards? Or is there a set of end links that are made to go with Megan Coilovers? I can't seem to find any on their site for MR2's.

Basically, what's an affordable solution to this? I don't want to blow another $600. 2's R US has a set but they explicitly say to not use them with Megan coilovers... arrrghhhh.

Thanks in advance!

mr2mike
05-01-2011, 10:21 PM
There's the K-Sport ones
http://www.tcsmotorsports.com/ksaden.html

Not sure why you can't use the high&tight ones but I would believe David Hawkins (owner of the site).

The K-sport looks similar but maybe because you can use a allen key on the back side while you tighten the nut, that makes it safer? Looks like the high and tight ones have two nuts that could make it a longer stud or something?!?

Worth asking twoRus and I wouldn't mind knowing myself too.

tcs is a reputable site too. Guy is on mr2oc.com as well.

PS: the Toyota end links are stupid expensive for what they are but I would think they didn't install them right, but I'd have to see pictures. It is possible to bend them which is why the aftermarket versions.

e.widling
05-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the help! I've emailed ksport to make sure they're compatible, and damn are they cheap!

orangewest
05-04-2011, 01:09 AM
When you get your answer, I have an extra set of brand new K-Sport links that I'm not using.. too long for the front when using Tein Flex if anyone is wondering. Very nice units for the price and I use them in the back..

thinmyster
05-04-2011, 09:14 AM
I made the mistake of buying new toyota endlinks once. Only had to replace one side thankfully

e.widling
05-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by orangewest
When you get your answer, I have an extra set of brand new K-Sport links that I'm not using.. too long for the front when using Tein Flex if anyone is wondering. Very nice units for the price and I use them in the back..

Hey that would be awesome! I'll pm you before the end of the week. Probably will need them, let me know how much later, Thanks!

e.widling
05-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by orangewest

Sent you a pm!

mr2mike
05-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Endlink situation update?
Did they work?

orangewest
05-17-2011, 11:10 AM
FYI, the links I sold to e.widling were the first gen K-Sport full stainless with a minimum length of 210mm. The new K-Sport fronts at 165-210 should work up front with coilovers and oversized bars no problem.

They're on order and I can confirm eventually.

e.widling
05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Update: the k-sport end links have worked so far. The top end was inverted to point outside of the wheel well and I think that's one of the most important factors. As orangewest mentioned they're the first gen ones which happen to be super thick and durable-looking ( assuming they're actually as durable as they look) So far so good! I'll update if they bend haha but I doubt it as they would have by now if they were going to.