PDA

View Full Version : Weird sandwiches. Let's hear em!!

ekguy
05-02-2011, 08:21 PM
so we all know there are people out there that eat weird sandwiches.

Let's hear ones people actually eat not made up ones.

My friend eats peanut butter and garlic pickles haha. I thought he was kidding and he made one and gave me the tiniest piece to taste it and was all being greedy over his sandwich so i figured i'd try it...ends up it's delicious.

The tangy bite of the pickles with the crunchiness mixes so well with the sweetness of peanut butter.

Any other weird combos out there?

dj_rice
05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I like peanut butter and bologna sandwiches now and then

Guillermo
05-02-2011, 08:53 PM
PEANUT BUTTER AND BACON :drool: :drool: :drool:

StreetRacerX
05-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Peanut Butter with dill pickle slices on it, I seen a ad for something in an old Gamepro mag, kids set up a trap for elvis with this sandwich, figured I'd give it a try.

sdiep
05-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Heat up a slice of tofu (the size of a piece of bread) in the skillet until light brown.

Put it in a sandwich with almond butter and lettuce. It tastes better when the tofu is cold.

Vagabond142
05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
My weird sammich is a peanut butter and fried plantains sammich. Heat frying pan, drop in sliced plantain (not banana, although it works just as well), drizzle with the tiniest bit of honey or sprinkle with a little golden sugar. Fry till browned on both sides, place in sammich, NOM.

As to really far out there sammiches... saltfish and guacamole. Had it once in Antigua on a whim, was actually really fucking tasty.

takkyu
05-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Not quite a sandwich, but.. Hotdogs in bun with nothing but peanut butter, are fucking delicious.

msommers
05-02-2011, 10:20 PM
PB and pickle sounds similar to my hummus and pickle pitas. Fuck they're good.

Jeremiah
05-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I like doritos in my croissant sandwiches haha

msommers
05-02-2011, 11:04 PM
^^Jalapeno and cheddar kettle chips can go in anything :rofl:

winson2001
05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
not really on topic, but as a fob, the first time i heard of peanut butter n banana sandwich, my jaw drop to the floor and immediately thinks "thats F*in F*d up" then my friend made me one.... still love them now lol

Also had the exact same thought when introduced to rice pudding, but it tasted exactly like I thought.... gross lol

timdog
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
in conclusion basically anything with peanut butter rules.

Calgaryrocky
05-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Try Ketchup, Mustard, sliced cheese and bbq chips :thumbsup:

Wraith
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Butter and sugar sandwiches. Those are weird, right?

DENZILDON
05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Wraith
Butter and sugar sandwiches. Those are weird, right?

Nope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biskotso

Jeremiah
05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Iloilo!!!

I like Roast Beef with ketchup and mayo, not too weird but very good...

EK 2.0
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Peanut Butter and Kraft Singles...BUT is HAS to be on white wonder bread hahaha...

Throw it onto the flat top for a quick heating and melting of the PB...and it is delicious...

know1edge
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by DENZILDON

Nope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biskotso

holy shit i thought i was a weirdo when i used to make this
even went with just the bread and sugar quite a few times

Disoblige
05-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Peanut Butter and Kraft Singles...BUT is HAS to be on white wonder bread hahaha...

Throw it onto the flat top for a quick heating and melting of the PB...and it is delicious...

:barf: :barf: :barf:

No offense lol. :)

ekguy
05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
some of these sound even too gross for me to try haha. But I guess after trying peanut butter and pickles anything's possible hehe.

The only one I really think sounds completely disgusting is the butter sugar one...Can't picture them together...

brucebanner
05-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Used to eat something very similar to this. Used to make toast, add PB and then a cheese slice. Wham delish sammy haha.

alloroc
05-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by timdog
in conclusion basically anything with peanut butter rules.

... anything with peanut butter and anything with ketchup.

But never both.

One of my favorites is PB and bananas

ekguy
05-04-2011, 09:32 PM
yeah but pb and bananas isn't a weird sandwich it's a very common thing.

Try frying it like a grill cheese though. Greatest thing ever.

RNB11
05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Not really weird as the others, but just bread with a little condensed milk can be satisfying at times.

spikerS
05-05-2011, 10:01 PM
hot pancake, smother with peanut butter, couple slices of tomatoes, and a cheese slice, topped off with another pancake.

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/offtopic-english/943224988-english-spam-thread-fuck_yea__in_hd_by_crusierpl.png

Redlined_8000
05-05-2011, 10:05 PM
anyone tired banana bread with peanut butter? delicious!

ekguy
05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
anyone tired banana bread with peanut butter? delicious!

This

Sounds

DELICIOUS!!!!!

:drool: :drool:

bulaian
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
peanut butter on one slice, banana slices in the middle, nutella on the other slice :drool:

EK 2.0
05-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

:barf: :barf: :barf:

No offense lol. :)

None taken...but everyone has that reaction until they try it...

CUG
05-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by RNB11
Not really weird as the others, but just bread with a little condensed milk can be satisfying at times. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/sohhreckless/50_curt.jpg

heavyfuel
05-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Slow cooked pulled pork with avocados, tomatoes and mayo, on flatbread. Can't remember what it's called but I saw it on the tv show Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations. I believe it's Chilean. Dunno if that counts as weird by North American standards but it was awesome!

Bacon and nutella on 12 grain... Delicious!

masoncgy
05-09-2011, 06:12 PM
OMG... peanut butter and cheddar cheese for the win... I've been eating those since I was a little kid.

It's delicious. People always go 'aww sick', but it's a good combo.

Freeskier
05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
My buddy eats ranch sandwiches. Apparently the only way to make it is take 1 slice of white bread, cover it in ranch dressing and fold it in half. He made me try one and boy howdy was it ever terrible.

bourge73
05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Thats what I ate when I was a kid :rofl:
I didnt think there was anyone else as weird.. haha

03ozwhip
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
didnt read the thread but my wife sometimes eats sour cream and seasoning salt on bread. thats the most disgusting thing ive ever seen eaten IMO.

Nova316
05-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Slow cooked pulled pork with avocados, tomatoes and mayo, on flatbread. Can't remember what it's called but I saw it on the tv show Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations. I believe it's Chilean. Dunno if that counts as weird by North American standards but it was awesome!

Bacon and nutella on 12 grain... Delicious!

Its a Churrasco absolutely amazing and there massive for about 3-4$ it is a Chilean sandwich

I love grill cheese omelet sandwich
Pretty much a cheddar grill cheese sandwich with an deluxe omelet in the middle and some crispy bacon

winson2001
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Right now, im having a nutella n banana sandwich :drool: :drool: :drool:

me_dennis
06-26-2011, 05:21 PM
here's mine:

Peanut butter and Cha Lua (vietnamese sausage/loaf) sandwich.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4317219537_b455652ecc_o.jpg

it's the best with white sandwich bread, toasted so the peanut butter is slightly warm.

My grandpa made this for me as a kid and this is my ultimate comfort food sandwich..

DON'T KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRY IT!

Guillermo
06-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by me_dennis
here's mine:

Peanut butter and Cha Lua (vietnamese sausage/loaf) sandwich.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4317219537_b455652ecc_o.jpg

it's the best with white sandwich bread, toasted so the peanut butter is slightly warm.

My grandpa made this for me as a kid and this is my ultimate comfort food sandwich..

DON'T KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRY IT!

this sounds very similar to the peanut butter and bacon sandwich I mentioned above... is the Cha Lua salty/smoky like bacon?

the funny thing is that I also learned about it from my own grandpa, who used to make it for me when i was a kid, usually for breakfast when we were up at the lake house. :D

hampstor
06-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Vietnamese 'Cha Chien' (Basically Cha Lua but they fry it instead of steaming it)
Water Cress
onions
Soy Sauce
Pepper

If I have a few minutes, I make some of those viet pickled carrots and throw them in :D

I usually put it in some kind of a bun.

bignerd
06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
When I was little I use to eat ketchup on a bun. That was all. Was best on those soft white dinner buns that come all attached together....

swak
06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
My grandpa does radish sandwiches, nothing else but radishes (and maybe a little salt and pepper).

They are actually surprisingly amazing.

n1zm0
06-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by winson2001
Right now, im having a nutella n banana sandwich :drool: :drool: :drool:

how is this weird lol, its chocolate and banana

the other day i just remembered camping one time when i was young, hadn't planned to stop until revelstoke (camping near abbotsford) but my little brother had to piss more than usual so we had to stop tons, we only had some liver pate in a can and bread and of course smashed some BBQ chips in the middle, i know some europeans eat pate on toast regularily but i only found that out recently, i used to eat lots and lots of that on soda crackers when i was a kid.

Troll-ol
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I remember when my dad put a butter and pickle sandwich in my lunch for school. Was like wtf and just starved for the day.

Dumbass17
07-02-2011, 12:18 AM
a guy in my grade school used to eat ketchup and butter sandwiches EVERY DAY. i dunno if it's cause he was weird...or just poor.

while i travelled australia for 2 months recently, i was living off of bread and bbq sauce sandwiches cause i had no money haha.

i really want to try that nutella, pb and banana sandwich..that sounds epic.

also, i'll take a picture of the largest meal i've ever eaten. it's epically awesome

D'z Nutz
07-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Probably not "weird" per se, but when you're running low on groceries around the place, sometimes you gotta get creative or die trying hahaha

I made a peanut butter and jam sandwich with a banana and a week old hot dog bun :rofl:

http://www.typicalfish.com/images/beyond/banana_hotdog_20110709_0001.jpg

ekguy
07-19-2011, 09:31 PM
minus the fact that the bun was a week old, that looks delicious.

gonna try this with fresh buns.

:drool:

dingbathero
07-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Raspberry Jam, Raisins, Hard Cheddar Cheese(sliced) - (toasted)

Everlast
07-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Sweet chinese bun/bread + vanilla ice cream is probably my weirdest.

DonJuan
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Here is one I came up with. I usually eat it when I come home from the gym, usually late. In wrap form though, but can be done with sandwich.

Can of Salmon or Tuna. Discard all water etc. Put canned fish in bowl, add lime or lemon (just to kill fishyness), little mayo, nammer hot sauce, ketchup, relish, mustard, whatever sauce you like, just not too much liquid overall. Mix together well and dump on wrap and toss on a few pieces of cilantro for greenery, and whatever else you want or have time to cut up. Some times I add very ripe avocado.

Prefer the salmon. Some think its weird cuz its raw fish, and contains misc fridge condoments.

Its quick and filling. Add glass of milk.

Guillermo
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Can of Salmon or Tuna. Discard all water etc. Put canned fish in bowl, add lime or lemon (just to kill fishyness), little mayo, nammer hot sauce, ketchup, relish, mustard, whatever sauce you like, just not too much liquid overall. Mix together well and dump on wrap and toss on a few pieces of cilantro for greenery, and whatever else you want or have time to cut up. Some times I add very ripe avocado.

Prefer the salmon. Some think its weird cuz its raw fish, and contains misc fridge condoments.

sounds like a relatively normal tuna salad. :dunno: also, the canned tuna/salmon isn't raw... all canned food is sterilized (and therefore pre-cooked). the more you know :D

[Yu]
07-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo

sounds like a relatively normal tuna salad. :dunno: also, the canned tuna/salmon isn't raw... all canned food is sterilized (and therefore pre-cooked). the more you know :D

Agreed, a few people here seem to over estimate what is weird, when it seems like quite a regular sandwich.

I would love to try Everlast's take though.

A Chinese Ice-cream sandwich? yes plz.

Perhaps I should cut a Pineapple bun, put some ice cream in between and sandwich it.

legendboy
07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
man some of these sound so nasty :barf:

my mom use to send me to school with cow toungue sammys. got bugged pretty bad but they sooooo good

Originally posted by Calgaryrocky
Try Ketchup, Mustard, sliced cheese and bbq chips :thumbsup:

that sounds like a straight up stoner sammy

JfuckinC
07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
OMG hahahaha the hot dog bun banana is the best idea i have ever seen :rofl:

i used to eat everything in wraps? peanut butter/jam, macaroni/ranch...