PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1985 300zx N/A ( z31 ) part out

Zero102
05-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I am parting out what is left of my project car. Unfortunately the rust on it was so bad it just couldn't be saved. I tried everything, and it pains me to scrap it, but the work is done and there is no going back now. It was a 1985 300zx with about 169,200km on it, burgundy interior and exterior.

Here is a list of the larger and more important items I have left over:
Complete engine - $450 - approx 169,200km on it. Ran great when removed, plenty of power, no smoke and almost no lifter noise at all.
Unfortunately it needs a timing belt (I believe it to be original) and some oil seals (valve cover gaskets at least). If you have a turbo with an A/B series engine (84-86) this is for you, the higher compression ratio gives you a few more HP for free.

Transmission - $200 - 5 speed manual, 71C, had older transmission fluid in it when I drove it home but it shifted great. Also has ~169,200km, leaks a small amount of oil around the shifter and the rubber boot for the shifter has a small tear in it

Driveshaft - $30 - Not much to say. 71C to 85 open diff driveshaft, seems okay to me

Instrument cluster - $75 - Orange on black, Canadian cluster, shows approx 169,200km. Includes oil pressure and voltage gauges

CV shafts - $50/pair - Made no noise when I drove it home and they don't feel like they have any play in them

Both doors - $50/pair - Power windows and mirrors both operate properly, interior panels show some damage and the doors are very very rusty. I haven't had the time to take the window motors, glass and mirror bits off of them, priced just for the window motors, glass and mirrors

T-tops - $50/pair - Good glass, have the key for them as well. Burgundy trim inside that shows some signs of water leakage

Radiator - $40 - Didn't leak at all when it was removed

A/C Condenser - $40 - No leaks at all, system was still fully charged after 27 years

A/C Compressor - $50 - No leaks at all, system was still fully charged after 27 years

Alternator - $40 - Worked great, ~14.5V idling

Starter motor - $40 - Covered in oil from some past oil changes, I'll try to clean it up, worked great

Rear hatch - $50 - One small rust spot on the inside, clear coat is peeling but it is straight and the glass is good and so are the gas lift supports

Hood - $25 - Clear coat is peeling badly, but it is almost completely rust free and straight

ECU - $75 - I don't know the part number off the top of my head but it is the stock one, untampered with

Brake calipers - $20/all 4 - Personally I'd rebuild them before using them, but I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong with them (I just don't trust 27 year old brake components). Get them for a core, or to rebuild, paint and swap onto your car

Front Bumper - $50 - Includes inner support and bumper shocks however they are a bit rusty

Rear Bumper - $30 - Skin only

Headlight assemblies - $40/pair - Complete with working motors and lights

I have a bunch of interior bits (seats and various trim pieces and carpet) that I would be willing to give away to anybody who comes to pick up other parts. The seats show some wear and some sun fading, no where near show car quality but if yours are ripped or severely damaged these are yours for free! The trim pieces are mostly sun faded but some of them are still nice.

There is also a box of some electrical connectors and relays that I scavenged from the harness that I didn't have time to remove from the car. This is free to anybody who takes other parts.

There may be other parts that I have forgotten about. All parts are located in Royal Oak in Calgary, AB. I have a full time job, a wife, a 10 month old daughter, a house to take care of and another project car on my plate already so I am very sorry but I don't have time to ship anything. Prices are negotiable, the more you take the more I'll move as I need my garage empty!

Local pickup only. I am free any evening between 5:30 and 8:30PM, or any time on the weekends to come see the parts. I am best reached by email at ctrowat (at) gmail (dot) com. I probably won't check my messages on here as often as I check my email, so please get a hold of me that way if possible.