PDA

View Full Version : ipad 2 restocked at Future Shop stores just now!

maxwinedog
05-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know still looking for one. Was at Northland getting one, they said they got over 40.

Xtrema
05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I didn't think there was a shortage.

There will be a lot of po'd people when they release iPad 3 in Sep.

Phenix
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
they friggin better not. i already have a new iphone to buy then . lol

Spoons
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I didn't think there was a shortage.

And this is why I could never get on the Apple train.

I have an older generation touch because they gave it to me at my old job. Does the trick just fine, and that is the only Apple product I will have in my possession.

Disoblige
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM

Source? Curious.

Edit: Hmm, guess I did check around and see this rumor popping up. Sucks..

CapnCrunch
05-11-2011, 07:59 AM

They won't be po'd.

Apple knows its customers are insecure and will rush out to buy their latest products so they can tell other hipsters about how much better I(product)X is better than I(product)X-1.

It's comical actually. :rofl:

BensonTT
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I highly doubt another ipad will be out later this yr:thumbsdow

Spoons
05-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

Here I figured it out for you.

Here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hyperbole)

Xtrema
05-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

There are many rumors. But with onslaught of Android devices and formats, I won't be surprised if iPad3 or whatever they call them get released in Sep but either in a 7" format or at a premium over iPad 2.

LongCity
05-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Picked mine up from Sunridge BB yesterday around 5:30. They've had a 64GB 3G kicking around for a bit i think but about ten 32GB non 3G and a few 16GBs... Probably all gone now, though.

MK1GTI
05-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

And this is why I could never get on the Apple train.

I have an older generation touch because they gave it to me at my old job. Does the trick just fine, and that is the only Apple product I will have in my possession.

Its not just an Apple thing, its all electronics, you buy a TV and in a few months its outdated, its the nature of the business.

clem24
05-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by MK1GTI

Its not just an Apple thing, its all electronics, you buy a TV and in a few months its outdated, its the nature of the business.

Yeah but the difference is, people don't rush out to replace their TV as soon as it's "outdated".

I'd also like to point out that no, your TV is *not* "outdated" in a few months. Not sure where you get that idea from. Just because a new model comes out doesn't automatically make the old one outdated. It might be discontinued but not outdated.

MK1GTI
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by clem24

Yeah but the difference is, people don't rush out to replace their TV as soon as it's "outdated".

I'd also like to point out that no, your TV is *not* "outdated" in a few months. Not sure where you get that idea from. Just because a new model comes out doesn't automatically make the old one outdated. It might be discontinued but not outdated.

Outdated as in non-current, not the latest model etc. The point is every manufacturer does it, not just Apple.

Xtrema
05-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by MK1GTI

Outdated as in non-current, not the latest model etc. The point is every manufacturer does it, not just Apple.

The difference is the OS.

Apple love to prematurely expires hardware via "OS Upgrades"

Happened to iPhone 3G and I think it's happening to iPad.

Unless I'm imagining things, all the iOS upgrades since iPad 2 release has made my iPad performance slow to a crawl.

403Gemini
05-12-2011, 04:33 PM

The difference is the OS.

Apple love to prematurely expires hardware via "OS Upgrades"

Happened to iPhone 3G and I think it's happening to iPad.

Unless I'm imagining things, all the iOS upgrades since iPad 2 release has made my iPad performance slow to a crawl.

This.

I had my 3G for a year before they stupid OS upgrade that made it unusable. Even after a few of the recent "updates" my iphone 4 isnt as quick as it once was :(