PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv?

Red@8
05-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this topic.

I am wondering if there is anywhere online or otherwise I can watch a baseball game in its entirety (or as close as possible) that took place a week ago. I am specifically looking for the Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians game on Friday April 29th.

I found no torrents and nowhere online after conducting a moderate search.

I am told that MLB.tv has every game from the season archived. This is also stated on their website. Today when I called my cable company to add this one rep told me that the games arent actually archived, just the scores are (mistaken?). This didnt sound right so I called back and another rep wasnt sure but stated that its almost $200 for the package regardless of how long I keep it. So thats a no go.

MLB.tv online says they have a 1 day package for ~$20. I may get that if it has what i am looking for.

Thoughts? Help!

pyroza
05-08-2011, 04:07 PM
mlb.tv is the online service. MLB Extra Innings is the cable service. mlb.tv does archive every game. It's $20 a month or $120 for the season (IIRC). MLB Extra Innings is just a service similar to NHL Center Ice or NFL Sunday Ticket.

Red@8
05-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks Pyroza! I will get mlb.tv online this week.

Spoons
05-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah MLB.tv is the best money I've spent. Super hard to watch every Jays game when there is 162 games to watch. You can also watch them live online as well.

95teetee
05-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I was wondering about something- I have the 'at bat' app on my ipod touch, and the older games are usually condensed ( the Apr. 29 game mentioned by the OP is a 16 minute video on there)-does MLB.tv give you full games in the archive?

03ozwhip
05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
people in canada watch baseball??:nut:

pyroza
05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
I was wondering about something- I have the 'at bat' app on my ipod touch, and the older games are usually condensed ( the Apr. 29 game mentioned by the OP is a 16 minute video on there)-does MLB.tv give you full games in the archive?

Yes, full games are archived.

95teetee
05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
people in canada watch baseball??:nut: I watch baseball almost every day.
I've watched about 5 minutes of the NHL playoffs lol.

Originally posted by pyroza

Yes, full games are archived.
thanks pyroza