PDA

View Full Version : Lane markers to be installed on Deerfoot Trail

Markham
05-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey guys

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2011/05/lane-markers-to-be-installed-on-deerfoot-trail/

Markham

89s1
05-07-2011, 01:04 PM
hai gauise

Drivers can expect nighttime lane closures and speed reductions while the work progresses on the busy north – south roadway. Work will begin on May 7 and will take place from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. to minimize traffic disruptions. The closures will affect both northbound and southbound travel on the Deerfoot between the Ivor Strong Bridge near Anderson Road and 17 Ave S.E.

One lane of traffic will be open at all times and the speed limit will be reduced to 80 Km/hr through the construction zone. The contractor will start on the left-hand side of the southbound lanes from 17th Avenue SE and then move to the left-hand side of the northbound lanes upon reaching the Ivor Strong Bridge. Work will then move to the right-hand side of the southbound lanes from 17th Avenue SE before moving to the right-hand side of the northbound upon reaching the Ivor Strong Bridge. Interchange ramps and loops may also be closed in and around the construction zone on a nightly basis.

The inlaid plastic markings will last an estimated five to 10 years before needing replacement whereas traditional painted markings need to be repainted up to four times per year on some sections of Deerfoot Trail.

Motorists should use caution in the area and obey all signs, message boards, and flag people. Motorists are reminded that fines for speeding are doubled through construction zones when workers are present.

89s1

dino_martini
05-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Too bad you can't 'like' posts on beyond, because I would like the above post. LOL

2002civic
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
about time! and agreed on posting the link for all to see without having to click on his site!

badatusrnames
05-07-2011, 02:07 PM
About fucking time.

davesparky6
05-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Can't wait to pull a plastic lane marker from my windshield... Still, it will be nice to know which lane your in when it's raining.

CapnCrunch
05-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I can't wait to hit one on my bike

Cos
05-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
I can't wait to hit one on my bike

:werd: riding from van to seattle is always fun because of those fuckers

LONDAR
05-08-2011, 09:54 AM
so are they basically talking about recessed "cats eyes"?
because all those are going to do is fill with gravel so you cant see shit.

I tend to think the "planning board" in calgary is just a preschool whiote board session

BokCh0y
05-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
About fucking time.

This.

schocker
05-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by LONDAR
so are they basically talking about recessed "cats eyes"?
because all those are going to do is fill with gravel so you cant see shit.

Well there are more than one type of markers so they might have already thought of that.

J-hop
05-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
About fucking time.

agreed.

I especially notice the problem when it starts to rain. It seems that when they remove old lane marker lines on the road they dig them out, then they fill with water and almost look like lane markers. I find it particularly bad at night in the rain when your headlights reflect off them.