PDA

View Full Version : Beyond CSI....Missing bike

LONDAR
05-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I know we're all here because of cars, but I know we all have other hobbies and passions.
I'm hoping those of you into the mtn bike scene can maybe keep your eyes peeled for me.

My custom 2003 Norco 5hun DJ/4x bike was stolen sometime this week from my storage locker. It was an inside job, someone hit the bike cages and lockers cutting locks (I had a thick chain lock thats in 2 pieces) and they took tons of stuff.

The bike itself, it's covered in sponsor stickers, with the old nsmb.com stickers up near the headset on each side of the frame, and DAKINE on the left side rear chainstay, john henry near the seat on the top tube.
.243 bar and headset, 8" hayes discs front and rear, KENDA tires, shimano beat to **** intermediate DH clipless pedals that NO ONE even made back then, let alone anymore. It's got a custom front brake line run through the headset that no one bothers to do anymore.

Looks similiar to this
http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb516643/p4pb516643.jpg

If you see it, or have ideas of where it might be please let me know. Reward offered. Was taken from Bridgeland but the stuff could be anywhere.

ajarnold at shaw.ca

Andrew

Adrenaline101
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Just for the sake of it I'd make a post in the health and fitness/cycling section that either mimics or links to this thread. Good luck on finding it

LONDAR
05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
THnaks i will do.

ekguy
05-08-2011, 01:30 PM
That sucks...such a great frame.

I have a 4hun, very similar so i'll recognize it if i see it in my area.

ekguy
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Also maybe post up on pinkbike.

J-hop
05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
will keep an eye out at cop and moose this summer. That is really to bad, can't believe how poor ass some people can be that they have to steal something like a bike. Hope you get it back

streethondas
05-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Wow leg powered 0cc 6speed bike will keep eyes open :eek:

LONDAR
05-08-2011, 08:07 PM
thanks guys i'd appreciate the eys open.

post is up on pinkdick and i've spoken to the mods at nsmb who will flag any classified posts for me.

it's not a bike you see everyday. so hopefully this pays off.

and to think i was going to strip it down this summer, do it white and lime green. then i'd be impossible to hide

ekguy
05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by LONDAR
thanks guys i'd appreciate the eys open.

post is up on pinkdick and i've spoken to the mods at nsmb who will flag any classified posts for me.

it's not a bike you see everyday. so hopefully this pays off.

and to think i was going to strip it down this summer, do it white and lime green. then i'd be impossible to hide

worse comes to worse i can sell ya my 4hun for cheap. Would definitely need a rebuild and i was going to do it but I have a Devinci now.

when I say cheap I mean cheap too. Lemme know. Figure you could at least start yourself another norco.

LONDAR
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
thanks for the offer.
i used to ride for norco so i still have connections there if i need stuff. this is more a pain in the ass than anything else. but i will keep it in mind if i need a frame to build off.

i LOVED my white 4hun i built. hands down the best bike i've had throughout the years

ekguy
05-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey no problem. If I could of helped ya out I would have. In any case I'm hoping to strip it down and buy parts over the winter to build it up.

I love my Devinci to death but she's a heavy bitch for everyday riding.

Good luck finding your bike. :)