PDA

View Full Version : Would a realtor show a home to someone without a realtor?

sml
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Saw a listing on mls and wanted to go see the house since we are interested. We don't have a realtor so we contacted the sellers realtor but so far the realtor is not replying to any of the emails that we sent for the past few days. Is there some unwritten rule that realtors only talk to other realtors and snub out the average Joe? Any resident beyond realtors can chime in?

Weapon_R
05-08-2011, 10:27 AM
You mean for the past few days you haven't picked up a phone to call?

sml
05-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Fair enough, I will ask another question: is there an unwritten rule that realtors only answer their phone and not respond to emails? If so, why have a link on mls that reads "email realtor"?

b16Ateg
05-08-2011, 11:02 AM
this is what i know ... since we are selling our place right now...

we had someone that was interested in our place and saw it on mls.. and they emailed our realtor and they responded back to them and set up a date to met them at our place from what i know..

so maybe the realtor you emailed wont show the house to anyone that doesnt have a realtor because the ppl who own it dont want any joe blow off the street to look at it who knows.. but normally they will show the house to anyone that is interested..

hope that kinda helps.. i would pick up the phone and contact them emails kinda suck because it can go to there junk mail alot of the time and they never check it

Weapon_R
05-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Some realtors don't use email. There is no unwritten rule because any realtor would LOVE to be the selling and buying realtor and it wouldn't make sense that they wouldn't show you the home.

If I were the realtor, I'd question how serious you were without making a single phone call.

JordanLotoski
05-08-2011, 11:59 AM
let me know if you need some help. id be happy to show you around.

InRich
05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

and get half the commision, lol. nice.

OP you should totally let Jordan take you there. if the realator doesn't feel like responding to emails, let her/him pay for it.

tictactoe2004
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

We've purchased, sold through and recommended Jordan to many people, he was both very helpful and knowledgeable and I will definately be going through him again next time I move.

B20EF
05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
OP the realtor should be very excited to talk to you. If you use the sellers realtor to buy then they will get all the commision.

When I was going to open houses without a realtor I could see them start salivating at the prospect of keeping all the commision.

barmanjay
05-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Not sure why the agent has not replied

Any agent would be glad to show you their listing. No matter if you are with an agent or not.

Must be some kind of communication break down in the system somewhere.

Try again to call or ask for help from a resident ;)

Any of the residents will help especially at the chance of gaining a lifetime client with similar interests.

Is this your first house?

Jeremiah
05-08-2011, 01:58 PM
When I bought my condo I tried to contact the seller's realtor right away but the dude was a total cunt and wouldn't show me the property for 7-10 days.

I remembered a past client of mine was a realtor so I hollered at him and he grabbed the keys that afternoon and we were able to see it and coincidentally purchase it.

googe
05-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Actually a lot of realtors don't want to show places or deal with buyers, because it is possible to just have a ton of listings, never do any work, and get all half of the commission. It's definitely a disservice to their client.

Being the realtor for a buyer can take up your time, and doesn't guarantee you anything. Being a realtor for a seller takes almost no time until you're about to get paid. It isn't hard to see why some of them work that way.

JordanLotoski
05-08-2011, 04:22 PM
I show all my listings, I do make sure the buyers are not committed to another agent prior to me driving to show.

Iam happy to get the chance to show as I know more about my listings ten most agents do.

TomcoPDR
05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Off topic, why is the MLS loading up so slow this past 2 weeks???

barmanjay
05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Off topic, why is the MLS loading up so slow this past 2 weeks???

I don't know specifically why, this is what I've been told:

When a listing gets uploaded only the agents can see them right away. the listing then gets checked by other members of CREA - I've heard right in ontario.

they manually look over some of the vital information to check it's validility/accuracy then approve for public viewing. This can take time,.. more time if many listings are being uploaded. Only a day or 2 if it's slow for uploads.

If it takes more than 2 weeks,.. I'd be a little concerned if the listing is being uploaded properly.

JudasJimmy
05-12-2011, 08:33 PM
If that happened to me, I would try to contact the home owner, and let them know how lazy their realtor is. I know my realtor is extremely lazy and wouldn’t surprise me if he does the same thing. Total loser.

creeper
05-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Some realtors don't use email.

I'd never deal with anyone who didn't respond promptly to an e-mail.

Xtrema
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Other than lazy, I would say possibly that a deal is being worked on.

A lot of realtors don't like to be buying agents for you unless they know you have a place for sale as well. Being buying agent can be trying as most buyers are understandably picky.

If you are serious, call and see when they may have an open house.

harv91
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
It was the long weekend, maybe your realtor was camping or out of town.

Mazstyle
05-26-2011, 09:21 PM
For what it's worth:

The last house I bought I went to the sellers agent - he became a double agent on the sale which equals not much help when it came to negotiating.

On the plus side he sold my house for free, I only had to pay the other side's commission.... :dunno: