PDA

View Full Version : Crawfish in Calgary

Benny
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know of a place to get crawfish in Calgary? I was born in the southern USA and I ate a lot of crawfish when I was younger. Probably haven't had them in about 15 years.

Google returned:
http://www.cityfish.ca/

But they either do only the tails or pre-cooked whole crawfish. As we all know with seafood, the fresher the better. I'm not too keen on pre-cooked seafood either, I'm partial to cooking things myself.

sexualbanana
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Allow me to be the first dickhead to say that it's not going to be fresh....

Having said that, if you find a place with good crawfish (uncooked or at a restaurant) let me know. I've always wanted to try it. Looks delicious.

Benny
05-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Allow me to be the first dickhead to say that it's not going to be fresh....

Having said that, if you find a place with good crawfish (uncooked or at a restaurant) let me know. I've always wanted to try it. Looks delicious.

I'm not so out to lunch that I think it'll be fresh. I suppose I should change that to 'as fresh as possible'. Fresh is a pretty relative term for Calgary seafood. ;)

And crawfish is AWESOME. So salty and buttery and spicy and it's easy to eat like 100 of them. :drool:

thager
05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
ry this place
http://www.billingsgate.com/

Weapon_R
05-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Benny

I'm not so out to lunch that I think it'll be fresh. I suppose I should change that to 'as fresh as possible'. Fresh is a pretty relative term for Calgary seafood. ;)

And crawfish is AWESOME. So salty and buttery and spicy and it's easy to eat like 100 of them. :drool:

I miss crawfish too. If you end up finding a place that can make them like they do down south, let us know.

samo147
05-08-2011, 07:37 PM
the T & T in the NE had live Louisiana crawfish for sale yesterday it was on top of the crab tank

It was only one Styrofoam crate though not sure if they have any left.

DubSport
05-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Try "The Best of New Orleans" in Okotoks.
I hear they serve crawfish but I have yet to try it myself...

Benny
05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DubSport

Urbanspoon saying it's closed. Their website is down too

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/72/1432082/restaurant/Alberta/The-Best-of-New-Orleans-Okotoks

:(

sexualbanana
05-09-2011, 12:02 AM

Sure is. I just think it's funny when someone talks about seafood (ie. sushi) there's always an asshat that chimes in with the always helpful 'It's not as fresh as Vancouver' comment.

legendboy
05-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DubSport

its too bad this place closed down.......the food was outstanding

texasnick
05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Not sure about around here, but at my gf's cabin in BC the lake they were on was crawling with the little bastards. Next time I go up, I'm taking a trap with me. Other than that, no idea on where to get them up here. I do miss them though.

Afrodeziak
05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
try

Blu Seafood & Market

9675 MacLeod Trail SW AB, Calgary, AB T2J 0P6
(403) 252-2330 ‎

If Brian doesn't sell them he'd have a good idea of who does.

iceburns288
05-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know of a place to get crawfish in Calgary? I was born in the southern USA and I ate a lot of crawfish when I was younger. Probably haven't had them in about 15 years.
Where are you from? I'm just curious, I am allergic to shellfish so I've never had crawdads but I used to catch them and give them to my sisters when I was younger.

Originally posted by sexualbanana
Sure is. I just think it's funny when someone talks about seafood (ie. sushi) there's always an asshat that chimes in with the always helpful 'It's not as fresh as Vancouver' comment.
Yeah but when you're born on the coast it really sucks to move inland and try to eat fish when you're used to it being so fresh. I moved to Illinois and had to essentially give up eating catfish :(.

clem24
05-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by thager
ry this place
http://www.billingsgate.com/

Yup was there last week and they had a bunch in the freezer.