PDA

View Full Version : Coziest lounge in Banff/Canmore (fireplace required) ?

Isaiah
05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm heading to Banff/Canmore tonight and am looking for the coziest lounge. I would settle for a pub too but prefer a lounge atmosphere. What I'm looking for is something with cozy sofa chairs beside a fireplace. I would definitely be willing to go to a hotel that has this setup if anyone knows of one.

If anyone's familiar with the Sandstone Lounge in the Hyatt Regency hotel downtown Calgary, they have that type of setup in the back corner. I know the the Rose and Crown in Banff has that as well but it's a bit too pubby.

Suggestions? I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.visitcalgary.com/sites/default/files/remote_images/ImagesMain-HRC_Hyatt_Regency_sandstone_fireplace.jpg

Cos
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I think it is saltlick in banff has a big fireplace in the basement

Guillermo
05-09-2011, 08:43 AM
oops, fireplace required. doh! :banghead:

BigShow
05-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Rimrock hotel, checkout Larkspur Lounge.

Freeskier
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Banff Springs probably has something like this, but it's been so long since I've been there that I can't remember. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Guillermo
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM
^^that was one of my recommendations too, but i can't be sure that they will have a fireplace with a fire actually going in it at the time. :dunno:

Isaiah
05-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Bigshow, I ended up going to the Larkspur Lounge and it was terrific; great tip.

Larkspur Lounge in the Rimrock Hotel (near the hot springs) is highly recommended with spectacular views.

BigShow
05-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Bigshow, I ended up going to the Larkspur Lounge and it was terrific; great tip.

Larkspur Lounge in the Rimrock Hotel (near the hot springs) is highly recommended with spectacular views.

:thumbsup: Good to hear!