PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a good therapist?

2000_SI
05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
As the title states, need to find some sort of therapist/shrink. Preferable if they are in south Calgary.

I used to see a psychiatrist, but they were just a pill-pusher and I didn't mesh with them. I want someone who can help me work through my problems, rather than just try and take happy-pills, if that makes sense.

Main area's are depression, substance abuse and relationships with other people.

arian_ma
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't know anyone personally but just wanted to say good luck and I hope everything works out.

adidas
05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I know this is a long shot and u might laugh, but id seriously consider working out.

I guarantee if you dedicate urself, u will have a better outlook and most if not all of ur problems with improve. A lot of ppl under estimate working out and think its just to build muscle/improve physical health, but i can not say how much its improved my mental health, id say its far great than what i had initially expected.

If you need any help starting up a workout plan or have any related question feel free to PM me.

2000_SI
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I am actually very active. I run two days a week, do weights 3 days a week, hot yoga once a week, and am an active rock climber and hiker.

Thanks for the thought though. I know when I am working out, I feel a lot better about everything. Unfortunately it's the other 23 hours in the day.

I have friends that are good to me, and hobbies, but I have gotten to the point where they no longer provide a lot of enjoyment, but rather something to pass the time. I work full time and am in school full time, so I know I am busy, again something that usually keeps me happy. But there are a lot of issues that I think have just been ignored for the last 10 years or so, and have pilled up to a tipping point where I feel like I'm barely functioning. I don't know, i don't really want to get into it on here

adidas
05-09-2011, 02:06 PM
^^ Fair enough man, best of luck. :thumbsup: