PDA

View Full Version : VBA coding help!

urbannomad
05-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi there,

Does anyone know of any programs that are being offered during the summer that teach VBA/Excel coding. My co-op term kind of demands it, and they're holding back in giving me work because i know very little coding. Do you guys know of any places that do teach it, and well? I'd like to keep the cost <$500 preferrably, but any considerations/recommendations will be taken into account!

Cheers! Back to work.
Nomad.

[GaGe]
05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by urbannomad
Hi there,

Does anyone know of any programs that are being offered during the summer that teach VBA/Excel coding. My co-op term kind of demands it, and they're holding back in giving me work because i know very little coding. Do you guys know of any places that do teach it, and well? I'd like to keep the cost &lt;$500 preferrably, but any considerations/recommendations will be taken into account!

Cheers! Back to work.
Nomad.

MGIS 559 is offered at U of C, but not until Fall.

BrknFngrs
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
What specifically do you need to learn how to do?

SilverGS
05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
What is your experience with coding? If you know even basic VB you should be able to get by with VBA.

Google is your friend

gaijin
05-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Hmmm, the tutorial site I was going to recommend is a paid subscription place...
anyhow, lynda.com might be worth it.

realazy
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I learned VBA from just online tutorials. I did take a course in C++ though. Once you know the logic behind programming, the syntax isn't all that hard to learn.

urbannomad
05-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Thank you Gage! will look into it.

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
What specifically do you need to learn how to do?

It would be considered an asset to have VBA coding experience, and i just want to get a better understanding of it. I'm in a project management/project controls line of work, so being able to pump through a lot of data would be a whole lot easier with VBA coding knowledge

Silver - I have little to no VBA coding experience, but i'd really like to learn.

gaijin/realazy - I have found this one site functionx.com...don't know, what are your thoughts? :dunno:

lint
05-11-2011, 10:55 AM
http://conted.ucalgary.ca/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=2733003

probably all you need. macros = magic for the masses