PDA

View Full Version : Pumping gas with or without helmet on

rice_balls
05-09-2011, 04:40 PM
I was just wondering what most of you do out there.

Do you fill up your bike and pay inside with your helmet on or do you take your helmet off? Any reasons for doing what you do?

I usually leave my helmet on but I would not want any of the gas station attendants to be all like "TAKE OFF TOUR HELMET!" as I have read on other forums of this happening.

Forgive me if there was already a thread out there for this in the past, I could not find it if there was.

Thanks for your input!

Cody D
05-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by rice_balls
I usually leave my helmet on but I would not want any of the gas station attendants to be all like "TAKE OFF TOUR HELMET!" as I have read on other forums of this happening.

I've never taken my helmet off, I'm an easy going guy but I'd tell the attendant to go fuck themselves if they asked me to take off my helmet.

BrknFngrs
05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I leave it on. No specific reason to remove it and I generally pay at the pump.

As a side topic, pumping gas on or off your bike?

reese
05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I normally pay at the pump, this case i never take the helmet off

03ozwhip
05-09-2011, 04:55 PM
fuck that. that entails taking my gloves off too. id say go fuck yoursef too.

rice_balls
05-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I always pay inside. I haven't heard anything from anyone yet for leaving my helmet on.

I fill up while I'm sitting on the bike. Only fills up 3/4 of the tank when on it's stand, can fill it up to the rim sitting on the bike.

GQBalla
05-09-2011, 05:46 PM
hrm i should start filling the bike up while sitting on the bike.

but back on topic, i never take it off. ahahah and never had i had any one say to take it off. if they did i would say i no.

revelations
05-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Pay at pump with lid on.

03ozwhip
05-09-2011, 05:51 PM
IMO its just a power trip. wtf are they gonna do if you say no? nothing, youve already filled up. pay and youre on your way. fuck em.

wildkarrde
05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I've only been told once to take my helmet off, other than I usually keep it on.

rice_balls
05-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Just got back from filling up and I asked the guy at the till if it mattered to them if I left my helmet on when coming in to pay.

The answer was "No, It doesn't matter"

This was at Co-op.

aypi
05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

I've never taken my helmet off, I'm an easy going guy but I'd tell the attendant to go fuck themselves if they asked me to take off my helmet.

:werd:

then again, i go at the same gas station most of the time so they know who i am. lol

HHURICANE1
05-10-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't take mine off. Never been asked to either. I wouldn't if they asked either.

Unknown303
05-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Have never taken mine off, although I normally pay at the pump anyways.

CapnCrunch
05-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I pay at the pump and leave it on.

Kloubek
05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
What the hell difference does it make to leave your helmet on? I guess I can understand not having the visor shut - as it might make someone nervous you're going to rob the place.

But really...

MintRacer
05-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I have never been asked to take off the lid. I always leave it on.

TurboMedic
05-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Helmet on, on bike..never been asked to remove it except in the US I got lots of hassles without leaving my cc at the till. Apparently there's a lot of gas and go's there

Cooked Rice
05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I just pay at the pump, still sitting on the bike.

CapnCrunch
05-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
What the hell difference does it make to leave your helmet on?.........................as it might make someone nervous you're going to rob the place.

You just answered your own question.

300zxfairlday
05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I always take mine off prior to filling. Reason is I worked at a gas station a while ago and we were told not to even turn the pumps onto people on bikes wearing helmets. The reason behind this was that there were alot of bikers that would come keep helmet on fill and take off most had there plates hidden and helmet makes them un recognizable in pics. Alberta is one of the last places left where you can pump first and pay after.

civic_stylez
05-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

THIS..

I have never taken my helmet off nor would i...

Scat E46
05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
sit on bike, pay inside, lid on.

debit and credit outside take too long and I'd rather walk and stretch my legs in that same time frame.

Going into banks and whatnot you have to take it off, which makes sense, but gas station? hell no.

Pete92SL
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I had to fill up at a Shell once. They stopped the pump half filled and told me to get off the bike. They also gave me their internal pamphlet telling the clerks to not let people fill while on the bike.

I haven't returned to Shell since and I have never had that problem elsewhere.

I leave my helmet on but I always pay at the pump.

Pete