PDA

View Full Version : LF: tire guy

crapstixs
05-11-2011, 12:48 PM
my shop is looking for a experienced tire guy. I dosent matter how long you have been doing tires for, as long as you can get a set done in like 40 min or under. we are looking for a responsible person that shows up every day. and is generaly not retarted.

the pay will be around $10-$16 an hour.

we are looking to hire right away, as we are very busy.

we are located in the south by chinook.

pm for details.

M.alex
05-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by crapstixs
and is generaly not retarted.

Really? Is competent spelling optional? :rofl:

FraserB
05-11-2011, 02:17 PM

crapstixs
05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
fraserb its not kal.
omg i made a spelling mistake. sue me.
you would be suprised on how many tire guys have a really hard time using there brain. the one we have now has a hard time walking and talking.

leftwing
05-11-2011, 04:08 PM
fraserb its not kal.
you would be suprised on how many tire guys have a really hard time using there brain. the one we have now has a hard time walking and talking. there

Its "their", not "there" when used in that context.

Kloubek
05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Hey... he said the applicant had to "generaly not retarted". That means they *can* be just a little retarded, as well as not bright in general. Quit picking on the guy...

crapstixs
05-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Hey... he said the applicant had to "generaly not retarted". That means they *can* be just a little retarded, as well as not bright in general. Quit picking on the guy... what he said.

im sure the grammer police are going to arrest me now.

M.alex
05-11-2011, 05:08 PM

You made 2 spelling mistakes in the highlighted quote, not one.

crapstixs
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

You made 2 spelling mistakes in the highlighted quote, not one.
look man, you really need to get a life. im sure the people that are looking for a job dont care if i used the wrong "their" or spelled a word wrong. im sure they just want a job. this is a imformal job posting, nothing professional. fuck.

Spoons
05-11-2011, 07:09 PM

look man, you really need to get a life. im sure the people that are looking for a job dont care if i used the wrong "their" or spelled a word wrong. im sure they just want a job. this is a imformal job posting, nothing professional. fuck.

Yes but it is taken that way never the less.

I hope your employer (unless you are self employed, and in that case even more so) knows what you said. Saying you want someone who is generally not "retarded" can be taken the wrong way.... VERY quickly. You are looking for someone to work at your shop... Plain and simple it should ALWAYS be carried out professionally. Failure to do so makes the company you work for (or your company) look bad.

May I ask what company this is for? I ain't saying shit, but I'm certainly never taking my car there.

chathamf
05-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I hope your employer (unless you are self employed, and in that case even more so) knows what you said. Saying you want someone who is generally not "retarded" can be taken the wrong way.... VERY quickly. You are looking for someone to work at your shop... Plain and simple it should ALWAYS be carried out professionally. Failure to do so makes the company you work for (or your company) look bad.

May I ask what company this is for? I ain't saying shit, but I'm certainly never taking my car there.

Shut the fuck up bie.

crapstixs
05-11-2011, 08:49 PM

i know what you are saying. now apparently no one here has a sence of humor. yes I could have used more tacked. but you would be suprised on how many people in a interveiw say they are tire tech of the year. you say show me, and they cannot change a tire infront of you.

Spoons
05-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by chathamf

Shut the fuck up bie.

What the fuck is bie?

:rofl:

TomcoPDR
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM

What the fuck is bie?

I take it as short for Justin Bieber???

M.alex
05-11-2011, 11:23 PM

I don't think I'd want to work for you if you get that antsy over simple spelling mistakes - what happens if I inflate the customers' tires to 30psi instead of 32psi? :cry:

TomcoPDR
05-12-2011, 12:31 AM

I don't think I'd want to work for you if you get that antsy over simple spelling mistakes - what happens if I inflate the customers' tires to 30psi instead of 32psi? :cry:

Speaking of Bieber, remember you started that trend in grade school back in the 90's...

A790
05-12-2011, 12:39 AM

crapstixs
05-12-2011, 01:50 AM

you wont be working for me, im just the messenger. some customers will rip your face off for setting there tires 2psi too low.

im getting alot of flack from people that have never tried to hire a tire guy befor. at my pervious employment, we would hire 5 tire guys at a time. by the end of the week 3 to 4 of them would be moved on. and we would have about 1-2 decent guys. we had a guy start at 8am he was told to go home at 10am and not come back. ive seen guys bolt wheels on backwards, like the inside of the wheel facing out. ive had other people snap off 5 studs befor they relize the gun in on tighten and not loosen. so is it really too much to ask that the people that apply have half a brain.

and for those of you that dont know newfie slang, bie means boy.

M.alex
05-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Speaking of Bieber, remember you started that trend in grade school back in the 90's...

Yes, yes, the bowl cut, thank you for reminding me :p

I have to ask though - how the heck does everybody I ever meet from elementary/jr high/high school remember the bowl cut. Was it really that noticeable/bad/etc... :nut:

TomcoPDR
05-12-2011, 02:09 AM

Yes, yes, the bowl cut, thank you for reminding me :p

I have to ask though - how the heck does everybody I ever meet from elementary/jr high/high school remember the bowl cut. Was it really that noticeable/bad/etc... :nut:

Give it 15 more years, you'll get credit for the thick arm chicken leg trend.

dirtsniffer
05-14-2011, 11:14 AM
haha i knew you were a newfie you you spelt retarded like retarted. i could hear your accent coming through.. lol

Rat Fink
05-14-2011, 04:32 PM

Adrenaline101
05-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Hell these days Id be happy working at a tire guy and Im a second year apprentice. Jobs in the south are few and far between it seems.