PDA

View Full Version : postage times

ole dsm
01-15-2004, 10:32 PM
hello
i'm wundering if i got ripped off?
i order a part(dsm transfercase and input shaft) from a guy in virgina and he told me he sent the parts via. usps. and that was back on december 6th 2003, since the parts are being sent ground Snail mail, they could arrive at any time right?

how long to u figure it should take for something to arrive in calgary from the east coast of the usa ???

my guess is 6-8 weeks.

any experience with usps and there shipping times? via ground?

thanks

mike

ZMan2k2
01-16-2004, 09:13 AM
I work for Canada post, and from what I've seen on shipping times and the like, there are two possible conclusions. One, the part is/was too heavy for one person to lift, I think the max weight a postie is supposed to handle is 100lbs., and it was sent back. Two, the part is in customs and they haven't processed it yet. That's odd though, because shipping something like that should only take 4-6 weeks, and you haven't seen it yet. I don't know, but it sounds fishy to me. I would contact the guy, and see if he has a tracking # or something for it. Being a large parcel like that, and having to go across the border, I'd think that he should have received a tracking # for it.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and I work at the plant, I'll keep an eye out for it for ya.;)

ole dsm
01-17-2004, 12:31 PM
thanks

he didn't get the tracking # cuz the parts don't wiegh that much (like maybe 25-30lbs)
the package will be coming from virgina .
the guy has the parts , cuz he sent me a couple of pic's, i guess its easy to for them(usa) to rip us off thow(vis. versa).
maybe i should start to saver up for parts from the dealer eh?

5.9 R/T
01-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Where r u located? I think I still have a transfer case kicking around somewhere.

CRXguy
01-17-2004, 02:14 PM
you can get a tracking # regardless of the weight. that's pretty stupid if it is the case. anyways, tracking # is like an extra $1US or something.

ole dsm
01-18-2004, 01:51 PM
thanks for all the help guys

the parts i need are these and only these

22spline transfercase or 23 spline transfercase
22spline tranny to transfercase shaft or 23 spline

1990-1992 22spline
1993-1997 23 spline

the dealer wants $560 for the shaft and $430 for the female end on the transfercase
auto wreckers will only sell me the tranny complete for $1,500-2g's
plus the transfercase for $800
if they have it?

all i need is a piece from both of them.

i think that i will give it till the end of january before i start to save up for the big ass rape.

i live in calgary

the weird part is that the guy responds to all my emails and questions , like he has nothing to hide or something makeing me believe that he sent the parts.