PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring Zakspeed Viper-Jet Ride or Other Taxiz- How to book online?

Mckenzie
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
For anyone who has been to the track, does anyone know if it is possible to book the Zakspeed Viper-jet ride online?

I cannot find any information on this, or any other taxi ride for the Nurburgring...it is super frustrating. The BMW site is not working and not working for the foreseeable future.

Any help on how to book a ride on the track is appreciated!

(The day is June 20)

Thanks. :bigpimp:

rojhero
05-12-2011, 01:21 PM
When I was looking last year, my understanding was that the Zakspeed Viper is no longer available.

I would recommend the BMW Nuburgring Taxi but it’s getting a little late to book. Most people from Europe book up to six months in advance. Last year I managed to book just one month in advance. Make sure you tell them you’re from Canada since I think you get priority if you’re from overseas. Also, if you have a BMW, it doesn’t hurt to mention that either.

Check out this link:

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/ringtaxi/taxi.php

Mckenzie
05-12-2011, 01:27 PM
^Thanks for the info. The M5 is not running anymore (replaced by M3) and the Viper-jet is not running either.

The online booking system for the new M3 taxi does not work and all they have is the May 15 date available....what a joke. :banghead:

I think there were some issues getting the new M3 going since the taxi term was owned by another company, and that is why their booking is a gong show now.

rojhero
05-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like BMW changed it to an M3. I’m not sure how to book anymore.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/fascination/bmw_ring_taxi2

Ok Speed Marketing is that company that I booked through. It seems they only have a Porsche 997 or Mini JCW now. The price is also higher because BMW was subsidizing the rides.

http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=167:bmw-ring-taxi-end-of-the-line&catid=1:news&Itemid=300053

That’s too bad. Riding in the E60 M5 was awesome. They should have upped their game and brought out the F10 M5.

rojhero
05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Haha. Too late to post. I would try a ride in the Porsche or Mini.

Also, there are tons of drivers and cars at the Ring. If you're really nice to one of them, maybe they'd give you a ride. There was pretty much every exotic car that you can imagine. Some cars that were cool to see up close in person were the Ariel Atom and KTM X-Bow. Even if you can't get a ride, it's awesome to just walk around and spectate. Apparently there is a theme park too with a new roller coaster and all.

If you're baller and know how to handle a car on a track (and one of the most difficult tracks), you may want to rent a track prepared car to drive. I didn't even check to see how much they cost since I knew I was uncomfortable driving. If I ever go back, I'll have to try that now that I've done some practicing in GT5. lol.

Mckenzie
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
haha yah I wouldnt trust myself in my accord on an open track like that.

I found this company. Rentals start at about 600 euros a day.

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

I've emailed about the Porsche, but its near impossible to get times, prices or any info from these companies.

Now whether to go there for the hell of it to look at cars driving really fast, or to just head straight for southern Spain.

Mckenzie
05-15-2011, 11:30 PM
FYI for anyone going there in the future, this is the response I got from them (350 euro):

n the future we go only with :
Porsche 911 Clubsport 997 (415) price 349,- € Euro incl. 19% VAT or
MINI John Cooper Works (211 PS), price 195,- € Euro incl. 19% VAT

Nürburgring Nordschleife (D): 13.05.2011 / 11.07.2011 / 22.08.2011 / 26.08.2011 / 28.10.2011

Spa-Francorchamps (B):
24.05.2011/ 26.09.2011

How will you repeat your Ring-Taxi® adventure? (limited to Porsche)
We can realize your individual Ring-Taxi-lap as video served on USB stick.
price Ring -Taxi® video 29.90 (inkl. 19% VAT)
(The emo-recall-video. Life pics, sounds and data of car, track and (co)-pilot)

relevant information:
Ticket can be booked only with a fixed date for ring-taxi drive.
The ring-taxi adventure is limited to one person only.

If you are interested in booking one of this days, please answer us and tell us if you want to book the Porsche 911 ore the Mini Cooper and send us your complete address and cell phone number.

core_upt
05-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Here is a write up on The Ring, and some other rental options if you haven't seen them yet.

Rent4Ring has some 'beginner' cars that are around 300 Euro (excluding gas and lap tickets).