PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Autoglym at CT starting Friday.

Neil4Speed
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Hey everyone,

Canadian Tire is having a 25% off on all their Autoglym products, starting tommorow however, you can use this 25% off in congunction with a $15 off coupon if you buy 3 or more items. Bringing the price significantly!

http://i.min.us/ikY5WW.JPG

Obviously more worth it on the smaller value items.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/Autoglym.jsp?locale=en

I think I am going to pick up the Leather Balm, Leather Cleaner, and the Polish.

Unsure if I really need a dedicated leather cleaner, as I have heard a bit of woolite and a damp cloth works well.

Anyone have experience with their Resin Polish? I wouldn't expect it to be as good as a proper 3 step obviously, but sometimes it is nice to have a quick one step pony when you don't feel like busting out the porter etc.

Neil4Speed
05-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Bought the three yesterday and the Resin Polish is one of the best products I have ever used. It removes swirls, really allows the color to pop, and ridiculously easy to apply and remove.

ZMan2k2
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Awesome! I've been looking for something that will remove swirls. Everything I've tried is okay, but I'd like to try something different. Looks like the Resin Polish is the next attempt. Thanks for the recommendation and coupon.
:thumbsup:

schocker
05-13-2011, 11:08 AM
I will have to give it a try, products look decent and the price is right with that coupon. I think I will try the leather balm, wheel cleaner and resin polish.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks.

Kg810
05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Sick.. thanks for posting this :thumbsup:

ZMan2k2
05-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Bought the three yesterday and the Resin Polish is one of the best products I have ever used. It removes swirls, really allows the color to pop, and ridiculously easy to apply and remove.

Question for you. How did you apply the resin polish? I have a PorterCable 7424 DA buffer, and might use this. Or did you use the applicator they sell and just hand rub it on?

rhoang
05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

Question for you. How did you apply the resin polish? I have a PorterCable 7424 DA buffer, and might use this. Or did you use the applicator they sell and just hand rub it on?

how is the PC? i was between the PC and the Griot and i went with the Griot

Neil4Speed
05-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

Use your Porter and you will see great results.

I did the applicator by hand with the polish, took out most of my swirls, and seriously took me only about 15 minutes to do. This product is as easy to work with as a spray wax. I feel like it works even better as a Paint Cleaner, the paint absolutely popped after using it. I topped it with NXT 2.0, the Polish must be topped with wax/sealant.

Neil4Speed
05-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I will have to give it a try, products look decent and the price is right with that coupon. I think I will try the leather balm, wheel cleaner and resin polish.

I bought the leather balm and really liked it, my seats were getting a bit hard and this really softened them up. Great product as well. Only thing though was that it was stated that it had bit of a "natural leather" scent, I didn't get almost any leather scent out of it.

Anyone used Zaino Z-12 Leather Conditioner? That stuff smells amazing, I used to use a little bit of it frequently and leave the cloth in the car :D

ZMan2k2
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by rhoang

how is the PC? i was between the PC and the Griot and i went with the Griot

I love my PC. I feel it's a little heavier than the Griot, but in the end, that helps with the polishing, as the weight helps keep the pad in contact better.

Thanks Neil. I'll pick up some resin polish. I have some polishing pads already, so I think I'm set to go this weekend.

Cooked Rice
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Everything I use is pretty much Autoglym. Their HD wax is very easy to apply and buff by hand, lasts very good through multiple washes too. I stocked up on a bunch of free resin polish samples when they were at the car show this winter :D

K3RMiTdot
05-13-2011, 04:08 PM
what did you guys gbuy?

Stunt66
05-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I bought the leather balm and really liked it, my seats were getting a bit hard and this really softened them up. Great product as well. Only thing though was that it was stated that it had bit of a "natural leather" scent, I didn't get almost any leather scent out of it.

Anyone used Zaino Z-12 Leather Conditioner? That stuff smells amazing, I used to use a little bit of it frequently and leave the cloth in the car :D

That's wierd because of i've done 3 cars now and they all have a fairly strong leather smell.

ZMan2k2
05-14-2011, 12:18 PM
The resin polish does a good job. Some of the deeper scratches I will have to get professionally power polished out, but the swirl marks are almost gone. This is the best stuff I've used in a while. I like it.

schocker
05-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Went to beacon hill and all they had was the body shampoo, resin polish, tyre dressing and HD wax. I guess I will try back again later this week :banghead:

FraserB
05-15-2011, 06:00 PM
When does the CT sale end?

K3RMiTdot
05-15-2011, 06:52 PM
june 12

R-Audi
05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I saved $27.00 on Resin Polish, Wheel cleaner and instant detailer... Richmond location was out of the HD wax kit.

schocker
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
I went to Beacon hill after work. They had everything but the wheel cleaner and leather balm. I will probably make another trip before this deal is up. Got the palm applicator, vinyl/rubber cleaner and resin polish.

freshvibes
05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I picked up 5 bottles of the Resin Polish. For a product that can be applied by hand, the results are pretty amazing.

Bye bye 3 step

K3RMiTdot
05-28-2011, 11:07 PM
i got QD and the tire shine. i think i might go snag some resin =P

schocker
05-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I went to beacon today and picked up another applicator the leather balm and the 500ml body shampoo as it was $7.49. Also if you have the flyer they had some type of scratch card so I got $5 off my purchase. The leather balm is great, but they were out of the leather cleaner (They had everything else) so I will have to go back for that another time. Really nice stuff sofar though from trying the vinyl cleaner and leather balm, I will definately be buying more auto glym. Also they had some random cloths and such on sale and had a pack of glass cleaning cloths for $6 if anyone needs some of those instead of microfibre.

diamondedge
05-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Autoglym Instant Tire dressing leaves a nice, wet black shine. I sprayed it on right after washing, took about 15 minutes to dry to the 'wet look'.

Highly recommended.