PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch Jeopardy?

RecoilS14
05-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Do you watch jeopardy?

I have been a regular watcher (3x week) and it is one of my favourite game shows.I'm wondering how many beyonder's watch it regularly or just enjoy trivia in general?

I don't claim to be good at it, but now that I'm in my late twenties I find that I am answering the majority of the questions. This might be in correlation to the fact that over the years they seemed to have dumbed down the questions/answers, but I can't say for sure :D

davidI
05-13-2011, 06:44 PM
I hate the US History questions but otherwise I do quite well. I rarely watch tv though so wouldn't say I'm a regular.

D'z Nutz
05-13-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't watch it religiously, but if I'm looking for something to watch and it happens to be on, that's what I end up watching. By far, it's the best gameshow around, even during that fad when all the networks had those millionaire game shows.

And yeah, I can answer a fair number of the questions except for when it comes to US history/geography stuff.

Mar
05-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I watch it regularly. I even went though the application process when it was in Calgary last year.

HyperZell
05-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by davidI
I hate the US History questions but otherwise I do quite well. I rarely watch tv though so wouldn't say I'm a regular.

Same. Whenever Final Jeopardy comes up and it's like "US Presidents" or anything I'm like FFFUUUUUU

D'z Nutz
01-08-2020, 09:18 PM
Anyone watching the Greatest of all Time tournament? I'm just catching up on the first episode before the second episode starts and it's pretty tense so far.

Disoblige
01-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Anyone watching the Greatest of all Time tournament? I'm just catching up on the first episode before the second episode starts and it's pretty tense so far.
It's awesome! I can't help but think if Brad wasn't so lucky in game 1 on the DDs, James would have taken it. Brad doesn't look like he's handling the pressure well and he won't win any games if he keeps going like this.

HyperZell
01-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Wow, you guys resurrected this thread, and me, from 9 years ago.

Yes, this tournament is awesome, and I'm glad to see it get so much attention. My money's on James.

ThePenIsMightier
01-08-2020, 11:21 PM
I watch it regularly. I even went though the application process when it was in Calgary last year.

Yeah, their math questions weeded a lot of people out in 20l1...
:-$

D'z Nutz
01-08-2020, 11:25 PM
It's awesome! I can't help but think if Brad wasn't so lucky in game 1 on the DDs, James would have taken it. Brad doesn't look like he's handling the pressure well and he won't win any games if he keeps going like this.

Yeah, Brad really fluffed those Daily Doubles in game 1.

Game 2 was really close too. Ken really caught up even after James took a commanding lead when he nailed that Daily Double.

I think James is gonna win this too, but I'm cheering for Ken. Ken was on the Andy Richter podcast last month and even said he doesn't think he could beat James cause he doesn't feel as sharp as he used to when he went on his original run.

ThePenIsMightier
01-08-2020, 11:34 PM
That game where that horse shit computer beat Ken Jennings was the worst episode in history. I can't believe they let that thing compete when all it was really capable of was ringing in more effectively.

Wow... You made a machine with better timing than a human. It's as accomplished a feat as a wristwatch from 100 years ago.

That thing should've been programmed to simulate or replicate an actual human competitor's reactions to buzzing in. It was obvious Ken knew 99.5% of the questions but he was only able to ring in about 20% of the time. I hope they gave him $1MM for that humiliating "competition" because he should've sued.

Disoblige
01-09-2020, 12:00 AM
^^ not just that, it's not like Watson was listening and interpreting the question, it was fed questions digitally. It would have been super cool if it had to process speech and figure it out that way.

Anywho, betting on James to win.
Although the my favorite big wagerer was Phillip if you guys remember him haha.

Friendly wager anyone? 3:2 odds that James wins vs. Ken. I'll give 2:1 if you go Brad.

Xtrema
01-09-2020, 09:39 AM
https://youtu.be/_CzBvNJeIsU

https://youtu.be/xPWLIPcpIjA

So would these be Trebek's last few shows?

rage2
06-27-2022, 09:10 PM
Bump.

Watch this regularly, get my ass kicked by my gf every single night. Until tonight. F1 category. Dominating performance, relatively speaking.

D'z Nutz
06-27-2022, 10:01 PM
Yeah I'm still a regular watcher too, though I usually queue up a bunch of episodes and binge it all at once so I'm a few weeks back.

There's been some really good long running champions in the past year. Looking forward to the Tournament of Champions.

DonJuan
06-28-2022, 08:37 AM
My in-laws watch a lot so whenever I'm over there we are watching. I do well on science, history. Categories like "Ends in E" or some BS can burn in hell.

Buster
06-28-2022, 08:39 AM
I love Jeopardy

brucebanner
06-28-2022, 10:12 AM
Back in my younger years, a buddy used to turn it on as background noise. He used to answer a lot of stuff right and our group of friends would be surprised he knew so much random shit.

Turns out he would watch an earlier run time of the episode with his grandfather.. :rofl:

Swank
06-28-2022, 10:21 AM
Categories like "Ends in E" or some BS can burn in hell.

I'll take Swords for $400.

I watched it for the first time in years and did way better than I used to, but as mentioned when they bust out most of the US categories I tank, I also suck at sports trivia so those categories are a write off for me too.

ThePenIsMightier
06-28-2022, 11:08 AM
I'll take Swords for $400.

I watched it for the first time in years and did way better than I used to, but as mentioned when they bust out most of the US categories I tank, I also suck at sports trivia so those categories are a write off for me too.

The excessive US content drags it too far down, for me. I watched it years ago and found it amazing how quickly you can get way better at it based on the similar themes or question styles.

JRSC00LUDE
06-28-2022, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see Thaco and kert on jeopardy, with zenops hosting.

ThePenIsMightier
06-28-2022, 04:20 PM
I'd like to see Thaco and kert on jeopardy, with zenops hosting.