PDA

View Full Version : my "WTF!!" thread

403Gemini
01-16-2004, 02:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2453577733

WTF IS THAT?! lol (sorry im still a newb with the finer details of cars)

is that shit for real? 25 american will give my car 20ish horsepower? PUH-LEEZ would anybody buy this? is it for real? *shrugs* help me out guys heh

2000impreza
01-16-2004, 02:23 AM
all it is a resistor inside the box. i doubt it nets you any gains...

403Gemini
01-16-2004, 02:24 AM
also what about those blue xenon lights on ebay for like $10 (us) claimin to be HID's

i dont necesairly want HID's i just want a light that will illuminate the road as well as my factories but not the piss ass ugly yellow. i want clear white or with a blue tint. should i pick something like this off ebay or a place like crapadian tire?

three.eighteen.
01-16-2004, 02:49 AM
they make those resistor hp gainer things for virtually every car, made by the same ppl that brought you the electrical supercharger

calgary has tons of bue bulbs if you want them

1badPT
01-16-2004, 02:51 AM
You're fine with the bulbs, but they're nothing special - i'd go to Canadian tire for their bulbs myself. I hate waiting for shipping :whipped: and yeah of course they're not true hids. But you'll get the white light/blue tint that you're after.

Intake modifcation sensors thing is a scam - not only does it not work, but it could gunk up your engine since the resistor causes your O2 sensor to think your car is getting tons of air, so it fattens up the fuel mix (sprays more gas into the cylinder) problem is, it doesn't actually make more air available in the cylinder so you get only a partial burn of the fuel - much of the fuel will varnish inside your engine, gunk up your plugs and exhaust system - in general not a good thing.

I don't know that this is that, but I could be wrong. this looks like an actual ECU mod which advances the timing, and if it is, its good, but you might wanna check with a car specific club to find out if the chip is safe for your car. Some chips are too agressive with the timing, and that means detonation. Advanced timing though means you'll need to swtich to high octane fuel and be very vigilant about keeping a fresh air filter in your car. They say high octane fuel isn't required but that's not totally true. What happens is if you put regular gas in after the timing adjustment, your ecu will trim the timing back, and you'll end up where you started or possibly worse if the ecu overcompensates.

Main upgrades that you'll see for a saturn engine for power are the breather mods (which depending on who you talk to may or may not be worth the purchase), chip tuning (advanced timing) and possibly a juice system. I don't recall a supercharger/turbo kit for the saturn engine, but that's not to say there isn't one.

403Gemini
01-16-2004, 03:00 AM
im pretty sure there is at least a turbo. a guy on saturnfans.com or whatever was runnin one. he had a 12 second saturn.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/superstreet/featuredvehicles/p51887_image_large.jpg

mods for that saturn:

Under the Hood: Injen air intake kit with K&N filter, K&N crankcase vent filter, CWC big-bore (52mm) throttle body, CWC ported and polished DOHC cylinder head and performance-ported intake manifold, ’91-syle flat head valves with 6-angle valve job, stock ’91 valve springs, Stillen Fuel pressure regulator, JE pistons (10.5:1 compression) Crower aluminum rods, ceramic-coated Hotshot exhaust header (1 7/8 primary, 2 ¼ collector), 2 ¼-inch Apexi exhaust and muffler, MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, Nology Beru Silverstone plugs, CenterForce dual-friction clutch, Fidanza lightweight (7.4-lb.) flywheel CWC-cut and machined short-throw shifter, Hose Techniques Saturn hose dress-up kit. Rated at 185 hp at 6200 rpm at the wheels

Stiff Stuff: CWC coilover kit, front 33mm and rear 16.5mm adjustable sway bar, Sprint springs and strut tower brace, stiffened motor mounts (from 350 to 400 Newtons)

Rollers: 19x8 AXIS Se7en rims, 225/35ZR19 Toyo Proxes FZ4 tires

Stoppers: 9-inch PowerSlot slotted front brake rotors PowerSlot Powerpads, Carbotech rear brake shoes shown;

Outside: Wings West W-Type body kit and Commando GTR wing, CWC grille, PIAA Xtra Super White headlight bulbs (130-watt hi-beam/110-watt low-beam) and 1100X driving lights, headlight covers, HyperWhite blinker bulbs, modern Image graphics

Inside: Sparco Torino seats with StitchCraft upholstery, Sparco aluminum shift knob and pedals, APC gauge faces and aluminum dash trim

ICE: Eclipse ES5303 head unit/CD player, Alpine V12 amps, four 6 1/2-inch Alpine speakers, Rockford Fosgate 10-inch subs Mad Props my girlfriend Jennifer, Crucified Car Club, James and Tavis at AXIS, Jeff at Pro-Motion Distributing, Tom at Toyo Tires, Robert at modern Image, Saturn of Whittier, Mike at Sparco, Eddie at Spring Springs, hose Techniques, Meguiar’s

i cant find the vids on my comp where it shows a yellow early 90's sl sedan doin the 12's... i know i have it somewhere tho.

1badPT
01-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Wow nice dyno numbers - especially for such a light car :D